Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 01:43 PM

9,240 posts, read 8,651,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
So basically you didn't have anything to add to the discussion, you just wanted to make a broad-brush statement stereotyping a huge group of people.

Cool.
Yes illegals

Old 08-25-2011, 01:53 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,409,927 times
Abandoned or Vacant same dang thing, the person taking over the home, their name is not on the deed, therefore they have no business being in the home. Vacant or abandoned. Telling you does not matter if a home is vacant or abandoned, when we took the homes over, if there were illegals, or squatters living in these homes, the police were called immediately.

Oh gees let me see there is a hot lexus been down the Street for sometime now, it has been there a month or so, gees think i will make this car now mine. Bologana. Don't work like that stop thinking that it does, it does not. And so many times on these private properties, vacant properties or abandoned properties, there are signs that will say no trespassing violators will be prosecuted.

Old 08-25-2011, 01:53 PM

1,574 posts, read 1,015,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I will tell you in very broad terms, what some illegals will do once they break into a home. I was trying to be nice and not wanting to go there. But since someone on here feels that they do have a right, i will tell you exactly what they do once they break into a home that does not have their name on it.

First they will run it down, what ever is left in the homes, they will take for themselves. They the pigs will urinate in the home, on the rug staining and making the home stink to high heaven. They will eat food, and throw the trash all over the home. The bathrooms were totally disgusting with a capital D, sickening, i could not go in the bathrooms, without wanting to literally throw up. I use to be sick, when having to go in a home like that. Just thinking about those homes right now, i am gagging. Illegals who do this kind of thing are plain and simple pigs. Not everyone who does it are illegals, but those that do are plain and in simple english pigs of the worse kind. Don't know how many other realtors have ever put up with a home as this, but it is sickening, disgusting, and plain wrong. I am almost throwing up right now, thinking of the homes i was in with illegals living in them. So much of the time once the police were called they were already gone, on occasions we went in and found the disgusting creatures, and the police called right then and there. The homes were in english terms trashed like you would not believe.
I like how you start off with the "let me tell you how disgusting illegals are" and then after you've been riffing on what animals they are for a while you remember someone will probably say something about you stereotyping and so you throw in a quick "oh, yeah, btw, not all of them are illegal" and then you go right back to the script, using the word "illegal" as shorthand for "people who trash unoccupied houses." How many of the people doing this have you caught? How do you know they're illegal? Well, they did some gross stuff, obviously they must have been illegal creatures!

Oh and remember that time I said something about dehumanizing illegals and everyone acted like I was crazy? Yeah, none of that going on here.

Old 08-25-2011, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Abandoned or Vacant same dang thing
You can keep saying that, but no, it's not the same thing.

Old 08-25-2011, 02:02 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,409,927 times
Quote:
I like how you start off with the "let me tell you how disgusting illegals are" and then after you've been riffing on what animals they are for a while you remember someone will probably say something about you stereotyping and so you throw in a quick "oh, yeah, btw, not all of them are illegal" and then you go right back to the script, using the word "illegal" as shorthand for "people who trash unoccupied houses." How many of the people doing this have you caught? How do you know they're illegal? Well, they did some gross stuff, obviously they must have been illegal creatures!

Oh and remember that time I said something about dehumanizing illegals and everyone acted like I was crazy? Yeah, none of that going on here.
Not all squatters are illegals, sorry illegals were the ones who were pigs, don't like what i say don't read what i have to say.

Oh gees when the majority of these people do not have identification can not speak english except for maybe one person, get the drift you can tell.
When they want to take off when the police are called, you can kind of tell. You can tell, who is not legal.

Stop thinking everything they do that is wrong is right, why do you make excuses for those who do wrong things.

You know what anyone who acts in this piggish manner, is plain n simple a pig, urinating in the home is ok with you, not ok with me.

Old 08-25-2011, 02:02 PM

36,226 posts, read 30,664,456 times
Quote:
Oh, I see. So would you say we should make legal immigration much, much easier (thus eliminating illegal immigrants)?
Thats not even close. We should eliminate illegal immigration. No need to make legal immigration much, much easier.

Quote:
There's probably not a federal law that says that. It's a principle of common law, which US law is based on.

If someone still owns a property, then it is, by definition, not abandoned.
Vacant, abandoned same thing. It is squatting if you live in an empty property owned by someone else without their permission.

Quote:
But ex-slaves remained in the US. So, are you suggesting amnesty would not cause the collapse of the US economy? Because if that's what you're suggesting, I agree with you.
How in the world do you get from point A to point B. Yes the freed slaves remained in the states and the "jobs" they did prior to their freedom were filled by non-slaves. If illegals are deported, their jobs will be filled by non illegals.
I do believe amnesty would contribute greatly to a collapse. Amnesty failed before and just created a flood of new illegal immigrants. The majority of illegal immigrants use up more government resourses, directly and indirectly, than they contribute to the economy.
Unemployment has been holding steady at 9%. I dont believe for a sec that no one would fill the jobs left by illegals. Employers might be forced to pay a half descent wage and treat employees like humans, but those jobs would be filled.

Old 08-25-2011, 02:05 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,186,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Jim Crow? lol.
Yeah really.

Old 08-25-2011, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Vacant, abandoned same thing.
Nope, sorry, it's not. When you park your car at a store, would you say it's abandoned? You're not IN it, it's empty. Did you abandon it?

Quote:
How in the world do you get from point A to point B. Yes the freed slaves remained in the states and the "jobs" they did prior to their freedom were filled by non-slaves. If illegals are deported, their jobs will be filled by non illegals.
OK, you can hold that position, but if you do you can't use the previous case of freeing the slaves and letting them stay to draw conclusions about what would happen if you could magically make all illegals disappear.

Quote:
Unemployment has been holding steady at 9%. I dont believe for a sec that no one would fill the jobs left by illegals.
Yeah, tell that to the farmers in Georgia.

Quote:
Employers might be forced to pay a half descent wage and treat employees like humans, but those jobs would be filled.
Of course, if that's really your concern then making legal immigration easier would solve that problem.

Old 08-25-2011, 02:38 PM

36,226 posts, read 30,664,456 times
[quote=rhymetime;20608050]
Quote:
Nope, sorry, it's not. When you park your car at a store, would you say it's abandoned? You're not IN it, it's empty. Did you abandon it?
Your splitting hairs. Property must be vacant to be abandoned. If I go to the grocery, my house is vacant, I still own it. If I leave for an extended time, it is vacant and abandoned, but I still own it. If someone moves in without my permission while Im at the store, its tresspass, its still my house. If someone moves in without my permission while Im out of the county, its tresspass, its still my property.

Quote:
OK, you can hold that position, but if you do you can't use the previous case of freeing the slaves and letting them stay to draw conclusions about what would happen if you could magically make all illegals disappear.
Sure I can.

Quote:
Yeah, tell that to the farmers in Georgia.
I dont believe their whinning. They can get help to get the crops in. They just dont want to pay. Is there not still migrant legal workers in this country? Refugees. Teenagers?

Quote:
Of course, if that's really your concern then making legal immigration easier would solve that problem.
Im not personally familiar with how difficult it is to immigrate legally. It cant be too difficult because many people are here legally and I really dont see a need for an increase in legal immigration. Especially for unskilled and uneducated people.

Old 08-25-2011, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Your splitting hairs. Property must be vacant to be abandoned.
Yes, I would agree with that (assuming we're limiting the discussion to real estate. But that dependency doesn't imply the two terms are interchangable.

Quote:
If I go to the grocery, my house is vacant, I still own it. If I leave for an extended time, it is vacant and abandoned, but I still own it.
No, it's just vacant.

Quote:
If someone moves in without my permission while Im at the store, its tresspass, its still my house. If someone moves in without my permission while Im out of the county, its tresspass, its still my property.
Yes, I agree. In those cases, you haven't abandoned the property.

Quote:
Sure I can.
Well, yes, you can. But for reasons already explained, you can't do so in any logically consistent fashion.

Quote:
I dont believe their whinning. They can get help to get the crops in. They just dont want to pay. Is there not still migrant legal workers in this country? Refugees. Teenagers?
Well there's actually a limit to how much they CAN pay without losing money (and note that anyone that hasn't done this sort of work before will be much less efficient, increasing costs even further). Farm produce is a commodity and prices are determined by the market. The farmers can't just jack up their prices to cover cost increases.

Quote:
Im not personally familiar with how difficult it is to immigrate legally. It cant be too difficult because many people are here legally
Oh, it's easy

IF you have a citizen relative or you're rich.

Quote:
and I really dont see a need for an increase in legal immigration. Especially for unskilled and uneducated people.
Well YOU don't see a need for it, oh, case closed. I mean, I don't see a need for a professional basketball league or cheeseburgers or cable TV, so we should just get rid of those, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.