U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 08-27-2011, 11:02 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,739,847 times
Reputation: 22159

Advertisements

People who choose to break the traffic laws obviously didn't respect those laws. If you refuse to stop at stop signs -- can you really claim you respected the law that requires you to stop? If you drive 80 mph in a 25 mph zone, can you claim you respected the speed law?

Why there's no forum on on speeding tickets is that even people who speed aren't trying to insist that they are some special group that shouldn't be required to follow the laws. They might not pay their tickets but that's another issue with other penalties.

 
Old 08-27-2011, 11:08 AM
 
1,569 posts, read 1,006,126 times
Reputation: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Itís quite simple -- the U.S. is a sovereign nation, with internationally recognized borders, and immigration laws governing who may or may not enter. Ergo, illegal aliens should not be here, because they have chosen to violate our laws by entering our country without authorization, or failing to comply with the terms of their visas. Therefore, their illegal presence ALONE, warrants opposition.
I'm not sure where this would pass for actual logic in your mind, but the conclusion does not flow from the premises.
 
Old 08-27-2011, 11:23 AM
 
951 posts, read 617,163 times
Reputation: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandon View Post
I hope he was punished the way any legal citizen would be if they had tried that on.

Sorry if it's not PC enough but those people are flat out crazy.

If you doubt it I recommend Not without my Daughter or Jack & Zena for further reading.

It's because of Political Correctness that these behaviors are tolerated.

I meant to quote this for lulz before. Mooooslims!!!
 
Old 08-27-2011, 11:25 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,821,083 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
I'm not sure where this would pass for actual logic in your mind, but the conclusion does not flow from the premises.
But, open borders and no standards is logical?
 
Old 08-27-2011, 11:26 AM
 
1,569 posts, read 1,006,126 times
Reputation: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
But, open borders and no standards is logical?
I'm not sure that you are aware of what logic actually is. Tell me if the following is logically consistent:

All dogs are neon pink
Rex is a dog
Therefore, Rex is neon pink
 
Old 08-27-2011, 12:52 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,739,847 times
Reputation: 22159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
But, open borders and no standards is logical?
Yes, it's apparently only logical to use the example of American citizens breaking speed limits or other traffic laws to JUSTIFY unlimited illegal immigration and putting illegals above the laws.

When you point out that no one is trying to put the Americans breaking traffic laws, getting speeding tickets in some category above the law then it's not logical.

It's the pro-illegals who want to equate coming here illegally after paying cartel coyotes a hefty sum to be smuggled in or get them a fraudulent laser visa crossing card, then engage in other document theft and felony document fraud, and all the rest with traffic offenses --- UNTIL someone reminds them no group is out there protesting and campaigning for the end of all traffic laws.
 
Old 08-27-2011, 12:58 PM
 
1,574 posts, read 789,949 times
Reputation: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
People who choose to break the traffic laws obviously didn't respect those laws. If you refuse to stop at stop signs -- can you really claim you respected the law that requires you to stop? If you drive 80 mph in a 25 mph zone, can you claim you respected the speed law?
You've moved the goalposts.

So, by your argument, when an American ignores a law, he has no respect for THAT law.

But when a Mexican ignores a law, suddenly ALL of them have no respect for ANY laws.

Yeah, that makes sense.
 
Old 08-27-2011, 01:00 PM
 
1,574 posts, read 789,949 times
Reputation: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Yes, it's apparently only logical to use the example of American citizens breaking speed limits or other traffic laws to JUSTIFY unlimited illegal immigration and putting illegals above the laws.
Except that's not what anyone is doing.

There are other reasons used to justify making legal immigration easier (not "unlimited illegal immigration"). What is happening in this thread is people exposing your ridiculous double standard.
 
Old 08-27-2011, 01:28 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,821,083 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
I'm not sure that you are aware of what logic actually is. Tell me if the following is logically consistent:

All dogs are neon pink
Rex is a dog
Therefore, Rex is neon pink
All illegal aliens are here in violation of our laws.
Jose is an illegal alien.
Therefore, Jose is a scofflaw.
 
Old 08-27-2011, 01:28 PM
 
1,569 posts, read 1,006,126 times
Reputation: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
All illegal aliens are here in violation of our laws.
Jose is an illegal alien.
Therefore, Jose is a scofflaw.
So you DO know how logic works, you just choose to ignore it most of the time. Gotcha.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top