U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 08-27-2011, 01:31 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,807,269 times
Reputation: 3028

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
So you DO know how logic works, you just choose to ignore it most of the time. Gotcha.
I suppose I do choose to ignore your warped sense of logic. Guilty as charged.

 
Old 08-27-2011, 01:44 PM
 
Location: bold new city of the south
5,200 posts, read 4,106,671 times
Reputation: 6156
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
You've moved the goalposts.

So, by your argument, when an American ignores a law, he has no respect for THAT law. That is correct.

But when a Mexican ignores a law, suddenly ALL of them have no respect for ANY laws. No, just the criminal illegal Aliens. Criminally entering this country is a gateway crime.

Yeah, that makes sense.
Do Mexicans play football? Cause', it's really hard to move a goalpost.
 
Old 08-27-2011, 01:47 PM
 
Location: San Antonio, Texas
777 posts, read 923,107 times
Reputation: 3150
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
This is very typical of illegals - this guy could be fighting for freedom in his own country, there's really no excuse for him not to do just that, but they prefer getting to the USA and putting up a fight here. The big easy money, the life of food stamps and Medicaid I guess are much more appealing than doing something positive for his own country.
Yea, but if he fought for freedom in his own country he would stand a far greater chance of ending up dead...even tho he might be helping others gain their freedoms in the process, he'd rather come to the US illegally. Plus, if I were in his shoes I'd be kicking and fighting not to be deported either...if he gets deported he may still end up dead. He's just looking out for himself...hate to say this, but the way it's going he's like every other american (small "a" intended) so, I'd say he's well on his way to becoming an average american citizen. Welcome to the usa..UGH...
 
Old 08-27-2011, 01:51 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,690,207 times
Reputation: 22158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanygirl View Post
Yea, but if he fought for freedom in his own country he would stand a far greater chance of ending up dead...even tho he might be helping others gain their freedoms in the process, he'd rather come to the US illegally. Plus, if I were in his shoes I'd be kicking and fighting not to be deported either...if he gets deported he may still end up dead. He's just looking out for himself...hate to say this, but the way it's going he's like every other american (small "a" intended) so, I'd say he's well on his way to becoming an average american citizen. Welcome to the usa..UGH...
Apparently fighting for freedom in his own country is a job only Americans will do -- our good military people are risking their lives for his country's freedom and this low-life moocher just wants the good easy life here. He doesn't deserve freedom.
 
Old 08-27-2011, 01:57 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,807,269 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanygirl View Post
Yea, but if he fought for freedom in his own country he would stand a far greater chance of ending up dead...even tho he might be helping others gain their freedoms in the process, he'd rather come to the US illegally. Plus, if I were in his shoes I'd be kicking and fighting not to be deported either...if he gets deported he may still end up dead. He's just looking out for himself...hate to say this, but the way it's going he's like every other american (small "a" intended) so, I'd say he's well on his way to becoming an average american citizen. Welcome to the usa..UGH...
I suppose thatís why our cemeteries are full of those who refused to fight for their rights or this country.
 
Old 08-27-2011, 02:16 PM
 
Location: San Antonio, Texas
777 posts, read 923,107 times
Reputation: 3150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
This is just the latter portion of a circular argument.

Assertion: Illegal immigrants should not be here.

Why? For one, because:

A. They commit many crimes.

Why is that a reason? Because:

B. They shouldn't be here.

Keep chugging along assuming the validity of your conclusions

No Rock..this not a circular argument in anyway shape or form...you and your "friends" choose to make it one however...

Assertion: Illegal immigrants should not be here.

Why?

A. Because their presence here is against our laws...
END OF ARGUMENT..PERIOD.

Your comparisons of citizens breaking traffic laws..All tail chasing...none of it changes the fact that illegals are breaking the law the SECOND they cross the border and continue to break the law every SECOND they are in our country. Furthermore for the sake of THIS argument, it matters not whether a citizen chooses to obey the law... they have the legal right to make that choice and pay the consequences...illegals DO NOT have that right and we, as citizens AND tax payers, should NOT have to pay for their consequences.
 
Old 08-27-2011, 02:17 PM
 
951 posts, read 616,515 times
Reputation: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanygirl View Post
No Rock..this not a circular argument in anyway shape or form...you and your "friends" choose to make it one however...

Assertion: Illegal immigrants should not be here.

Why?

A. Because their presence here is against our laws...
END OF ARGUMENT..PERIOD.

Your comparisons of citizens breaking traffic laws..All tail chasing...none of it changes the fact that illegals are breaking the law the SECOND they cross the border and continue to break the law every SECOND they are in our country. Furthermore for the sake of THIS argument, it matters not whether a citizen chooses to obey the law... they have the legal right to make that choice and pay the consequences...illegals DO NOT have that right and we, as citizens AND tax payers, should NOT have to pay for their consequences.

OK. So let's change the law to let more of them in legally. There is a demand for their employment obviously or they wouldn't be coming to work.
 
Old 08-27-2011, 02:19 PM
 
1,569 posts, read 1,005,007 times
Reputation: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanygirl View Post
No Rock..this not a circular argument in anyway shape or form...you and your "friends" choose to make it one however...

Assertion: Illegal immigrants should not be here.

Why?

A. Because their presence here is against our laws...
END OF ARGUMENT..PERIOD.

Your comparisons of citizens breaking traffic laws..All tail chasing...none of it changes the fact that illegals are breaking the law the SECOND they cross the border and continue to break the law every SECOND they are in our country. Furthermore for the sake of THIS argument, it matters not whether a citizen chooses to obey the law... they have the legal right to make that choice and pay the consequences...illegals DO NOT have that right and we, as citizens AND tax payers, should NOT have to pay for their consequences.
That's also not a valid argument from a logical perspective, but thankfully it seems to recognize that if we just legalized everyone all would be good.
 
Old 08-27-2011, 02:34 PM
 
Location: San Antonio, Texas
777 posts, read 923,107 times
Reputation: 3150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I suppose thatís why our cemeteries are full of those who refused to fight for their rights or this country.

No, I was talking about those that apply for disability etc and are cheating the system. About the thread I read a couple weeks ago about folks not paying taxes when they buy stuff off the internet and whining because they got caught..most of the thread was A) about how to get out of paying the taxes they got busted for and B) how to beat the system the next time. And we're not talking face cream here but thousands of dollars worth of furniture. I say pay the damn taxes..grow up and be honest..if you know you don't qualify for something then don't look for a loophole to get it anyway. And these days I support having to qualify for Social Security...it was never intended to become what it has...if you make the same amount of money in your retirement as you did before you retired then you shouldn't qualify for SS. Sorry if I hijacked the thread but Benicar you asked...
Oh and BTW..as a citizen you have the right to refuse to fight..but many ,in wartime, drove ambulances, were file clerks, or chaplains assistants. You don't have carry a weapon to support and defend your country.
 
Old 08-27-2011, 02:34 PM
 
Location: bold new city of the south
5,200 posts, read 4,106,671 times
Reputation: 6156
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
OK. So let's change the law to let more of them in legally. There is a demand for their employment obviously or they wouldn't be coming to work.

Let's raise the alcohol limit so Drunk driving will be less of a problem.

Let's legalize murder so it won't be a problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top