U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 10:50 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,394,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
It does? We have a terrible tangled web of a legal immigration system. Trying to go through it as a laborer is basically useless to begin with.

If they can pay a coyote to cross the border they can afford an attorney to weave through the tangled web for them.

Old 08-27-2011, 11:14 PM

5,209 posts, read 4,132,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
Do Mexicans play football? Cause', it's really hard to move a goalpost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
Yeah, you still did it. Restricting it to just the illegals doesn't remove the logical inconsistency.
You did it again!

I asked a question, you didn't answer it.

I made a statement, you didn't address my point.

But, you made a completely off the wall statement about restricting SOMETHING (not addressed)
to illegals about logical inconsistancy.

Your only consistancy is you're obviously focusing on how everything happens to illegals and have
no concept, and/or don't care about how illegals affect anyone else.

You just ignore a point and go pro-illegal mode.

You're a one-trick pony.

Old 08-27-2011, 11:36 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,394,879 times
I agree Buddy5.

It gets old going in the same circle time and again.

Rock seems to think I have the moral obligation to feed my neighbors children and neglect my own. If my neighbors child was starving I would give them something to eat....but that just isn't the case here. I don't owe them all the things I've worked hard to provide for my own family. Sorry, that isn't logical.

The illegals that are paying coyotes to come here have enough money to start a business or put 1 family member through college and build their own wealth just like we do it here. They can do those things without breaking any laws. They would have my respect and maybe some self respect. They are teaching their children that if you want something you just take it from someone else.

Old 08-27-2011, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
I agree Buddy5.

It gets old going in the same circle time and again.

Rock seems to think I have the moral obligation to feed my neighbors children and neglect my own. If my neighbors child was starving I would give them something to eat....but that just isn't the case here. I don't owe them all the things I've worked hard to provide for my own family. Sorry, that isn't logical.

The illegals that are paying coyotes to come here have enough money to start a business or put 1 family member through college and build their own wealth just like we do it here. They can do those things without breaking any laws. They would have my respect and maybe some self respect. They are teaching their children that if you want something you just take it from someone else.
That's why I call it a gateway crime. The first thing they do is break the law. Everything else is heaped on that first crime,
then breaking other ones just naturally follow.

Old 08-28-2011, 12:01 AM

5,302 posts, read 4,029,168 times
Quote:
That's why I call it a gateway crime. The first thing they do is break the law. Everything else is heaped on that first crime, then breaking other ones just naturally follow.
Then ¨visa overstays¨ (first following the ¨law¨, then breaking it) have ¨crimes¨ cascade from the point where they are out-of-status?...

You are aware that what you are calling a ¨gateway crime¨ really isn´t a ¨crime¨, no matter what you call it?...

Really, you are specifically referring to a person´s first EWI...

Old 08-28-2011, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Then ¨visa overstays¨ (first following the ¨law¨, then breaking it) have ¨crimes¨ cascade from the point where they are out-of-status?...

You are aware that what you are calling a ¨gateway crime¨ really isn´t a ¨c¨rime, no matter what you call it?...

Really, you are specifically referring to a person´s first EWI...
Entry Without Inspection Coming into the US without authorization by a BCIS official. Examples are coming across a US border without being inspected, or using someone else's passport at an inspection point. This type of entry is called "EWI".

Sure sounds like crimes.

Old 08-28-2011, 12:29 AM

37 posts, read 23,041 times
Quote:
That's why I call it a gateway crime. The first thing they do is break the law. Everything else is heaped on that first crime,
then breaking other ones just naturally follow.
By that logic, jaywalking is a gateway crime.

You see, everyone who commits some other crime has almost assuredly, at some point in their life, also committed the crime of jaywalking. Everything else is heaped on that first crime, then breaking other ones just naturally flows.

Old 08-28-2011, 12:59 AM

5,302 posts, read 4,029,168 times
Quote:
Entry Without Inspection Coming into the US without authorization by a BCIS official. Examples are coming across a US border without being inspected, or using someone else's passport at an inspection point. This type of entry is called "EWI".

Sure sounds like crimes.
Where did you get the definition? It´s wrong, using false documents at a Port of Entry (PoE) is a ¨misrepresentation¨. ¨EWI¨ is crossing at a location that is not a PoE, or being smuggled through a PoE without being detected.

It is not EWI if the person presents themselves for inspection (without any false documents or claims), and the inspector wrongly admits them...

And ¨EWI¨, nor ¨visa overstay¨, is not a ¨crime¨...

¨Crime¨ usually has a legal definition, not a matter of how it sounds...

Old 08-28-2011, 08:33 AM

1,574 posts, read 793,318 times
Quote:
You did it again!

I asked a question, you didn't answer it.
Your retarded "do mexicans play football?" question? Wow, this is what you're reduced to? Nitpicking over weather people ignore your retarded not-even-rhetorical questions?

Yeah, you really exposed the secret fraud there, brainiac.

In the meantime, you're still handwaving away the inconsistency.

American breaks a law: he doesn't respect that one law.

Immigrant breaks a law: he doesn't respect ANY laws.

You want to step up and defend malamute, so let's hear it, why is this double standard appropriate?

Old 08-28-2011, 08:37 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,949,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
If they can pay a coyote to cross the border they can afford an attorney to weave through the tangled web for them.
Good point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or