Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2011, 11:02 AM

1,421 posts, read 1,491,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBletch-PortlandOR View Post
Is the argument that illegal immigrants all cause economic depravity and crime? Or that their brand of crime is somehow worse than the crimes legal citizens commit?
Its WORSE cause there ILLEGAL aliens. An we have anough American losers, we DONT need more.

Old 08-28-2011, 11:03 AM

1,421 posts, read 1,491,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
This is just the latter portion of a circular argument.

Assertion: Illegal immigrants should not be here.

Why? For one, because:

A. They commit many crimes.

Why is that a reason? Because:

B. They shouldn't be here.

Keep chugging along assuming the validity of your conclusions
It dont matter. ILLEGAL aliens NEED to go home. We DONMT wnat em here and they need to be punishd, hard.

Old 08-28-2011, 11:06 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
Its WORSE cause there ILLEGAL aliens. An we have anough American losers, we DONT need more.
Yes and even the illegals will claim they have to get out of their own country because of all the criminals living in it, but then they insist we must keep our borders wide open with that very same country so the rest can easily come on over.

How much sense does that make unless they actually believe that the very worst criminals on earth magically convert into good hard working people upon illegally crossing into the USA.

Old 08-28-2011, 11:09 AM

1,569 posts, read 1,211,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
Certainly hard to read this post and not agree with the last sentence.

Old 08-28-2011, 11:12 AM

1,574 posts, read 1,019,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
It doesn't have ANYTHING to do with respect. It has to do with abiding by the law. I have to follow a lot of laws that I don't agree with or respect. But the key is I have to abide by them just the same.

If a citizen is caught robbing a bank, in a stolen car, and using a weapon to commit the crime...he is charged with all those crimes, not just robbing the bank.

If an illegal is caught in this country he should be deported, the punishment that is afforded that crime, and also his assets should be seized to pay for the cost of the deportation. If a drug dealer is busted his assets are seized because they were gained in an unlawful manner.
OK, cool, so still nobody has bothered to take a serious crack at explaining why a double standard is justified.

Old 08-28-2011, 11:12 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
I agree with this, I invoked the value of a person because Benicar was talking about moral obligations. If you want to talk about, for example, efficient or practical allocations of resources, it's obviously a different question.
That’s a lie. Re-read this thread. I didn’t mention moral obligation until AFTER you invoked the value of a person AND moral obligation.

Old 08-28-2011, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
That’s a lie. Re-read this thread. I didn’t mention moral obligation until AFTER you invoked the value of a person AND moral obligation.
Cool, whatever. I was responding to someone else who said we should think of citizens first.

You then proceeded to ramble about moral obligations and so on.

Old 08-28-2011, 11:19 AM

Quote:
I don’t need to justify why citizens of ANY country are afforded certain rights and privileges denied non-citizens. Why on earth shouldn’t they?
Because our treatment of human beings should operate out of an assumption of equality.

Quote:
But, I would like to know why you feel the U.S. should offer rights, privileges, benefits, and services reserved for U.S. citizens to every person on this earth; or, more specifically, those from SOB. Why confer citizenship status if it means nothing?
I never said the U.S. government should do that. I suppose that it could. Nothing about a citizen makes them inherently more deserving of rights or privileges or anything.

Old 08-28-2011, 11:22 AM

5,299 posts, read 4,847,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
...How much sense does that make unless they actually believe that the very worst criminals on earth magically convert into good hard working people upon illegally crossing into the USA.
So they (just say "Mexicans" already) are already heavily involved in criminal behavior before coming here? Does that also transfer over to Mexicans legally immigrating? I mean, every marriage is expressed as a "green card" relationship by you if the Foreign National spouse is from Mexico.

I'm still wondering your position, living among those that you described as "illegal", but doing nothing other than complaining about it...

The hyperbole that is evident in every post here makes it seem like you were deeply hurt, or just would rather have a scorched earth policy south of your location...

Old 08-28-2011, 11:27 AM

5,299 posts, read 4,847,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
Do Mexicans play football? Cause', it's really hard to move a goalpost.
When seen in context, this actually explains quite a bit to your stance...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration