U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 06:03 AM

18,563 posts, read 15,774,500 times

Advertisements

True anyone could have committed this heinous crime. The point governor is this individual should not have been in the country in the first place. Also you refuse to join Secure Communities which may have caught this man before he had a chance to kill this young man.

I hope Obama's flunkies are paying attention. When the first illegal who receives de facto amnesty under his new guidelines kills someone there will be an intense backlash.

Illegal immigration is not to blame for fatality, Patrick says - The Boston Globe

Quote:
“It’s a terrible, terrible tragedy,’’ Patrick said at the end of a news conference about preparations for Hurricane Irene. But, he added, “Illegal immigration didn’t kill this person. A drunk driver killed this person, and we have laws about that. And I expect the book to be thrown at this person.’’

Denice’s death reignited the state’s debate over illegal immigration and renewed calls on Patrick to have the state join the federal Secure Communities program, which would screen the fingerprints of everyone under arrest to find and deport serious criminals who are illegally in the country.

Patrick favors deporting convicted criminals but he rejected the Secure Communities program in June because it was also sweeping up illegal immigrants who did not have criminal records. He has said it is up to the federal government to address the nationwide problem of illegal immigration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2011, 06:50 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Here lays the problem. Just because an illegal has no criminal "record" doesn't mean they aren't committing the crime of forged or stolen documents to work and exist in this country. How does the govenor think they are surviving in this country without doing that? Even working under the table without applicable taxes being paid is a crime.

Old 08-27-2011, 07:04 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
Yes, once they decide they are above some laws, they can decide they are above any laws.

Many illegals really have NO drivers licenses including none from their own country because they never learned to drive, never learned to read and write to know what signs are or the traffic laws are. AND many come from countries where the traffic laws are very very lax. They can't read our traffic signs or traffic laws which also makes them very unsafe drivers.

There are more problems with illegal drivers for those reasons. Whereas Americans without drivers licenses and insurance are heavily fined, even hauled in, the illegals are not.

Old 08-27-2011, 11:47 AM

4,827 posts, read 4,647,268 times
LOL "we have laws about driving drunk"... But what about our immigration laws? Don't we also have those laws that are supposed keep everyone on the face of the world from coming to this country? And didn't the driver break those?

I am ashamed. My governor is a moron...and I am being nice.

Old 08-27-2011, 01:47 PM

17,994 posts, read 17,150,498 times
Something else funny is going on--Gov. Patrick said at first that we would be joining the secure communities and then he met with a group of protestors who are against it.

Suddenly he changed his mind.

And he won't change back--even though this horrendous event has occurred.

Someone who was once FOR it, would naturally be FOR it again unless there's something more to this. A promise from that protest group or someone in it for money or votes? Patrick isn't running again so maybe it's a promise of a huge voting block for Obama? Seems like he's being bribed in some way. Just saying that there is more to this than meets the eye.

Old 08-27-2011, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Something else funny is going on--Gov. Patrick said at first that we would be joining the secure communities and then he met with a group of protestors who are against it.

Suddenly he changed his mind.

And he won't change back--even though this horrendous event has occurred.

Someone who was once FOR it, would naturally be FOR it again unless there's something more to this. A promise from that protest group or someone in it for money or votes? Patrick isn't running again so maybe it's a promise of a huge voting block for Obama? Seems like he's being bribed in some way. Just saying that there is more to this than meets the eye.
Bribed or blackmailed? Extortion is big lately.

Old 08-27-2011, 01:59 PM

Oh -- and to add before the pro-illegals come along and assume I meant illegals themselves doing the bribing -- if he's being bribed or blackmailed it would likely be the cheap-labor lobby that is profitting very nicely from having unlimited dirt cheap labor.

Old 08-27-2011, 02:51 PM

10,032 posts, read 6,860,628 times
I can't believe that this buffoon got re-elected.

Old 08-27-2011, 06:58 PM

17,994 posts, read 17,150,498 times
Actually, I like him and I like Obama. I just don't understand how either of them (or anyone for that matter) can be FOR illegal immigration, it doesn't add up.

Old 08-27-2011, 08:16 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Oh -- and to add before the pro-illegals come along and assume I meant illegals themselves doing the bribing -- if he's being bribed or blackmailed it would likely be the cheap-labor lobby that is profitting very nicely from having unlimited dirt cheap labor.
It brings to mind Lou Dobbs and how all of a sudden he did a turn-a-about face on his stance on illegal immigration. I think there was more to that than meets the eye also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or