U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 12:20 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,959,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Only because I don't know the homicide rates of Honduras or El Salvador or Guatemala are as low as Mexico's. Maybe Honduras is bad - but again - who made it bad (if it is)? The cartels are mainly in Mexico though -- and high street crime is just as much a problem in the USA cities.

You simply don't flee Puebla Mexico to Los Angeles because you're concerned about homicide rates.

As for your wife, you've claimed she's here legally so she's rather off-topic on the illegal immigration forum don't you think? Why would you keep trying to exploit her here if she's a legal immigrant?
Be fair malamute. I use my wife to make a point on here also. I agree with the rest of your post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2011, 12:27 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,949,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Be fair malamute. I use my wife to make a point on here also. I agree with the rest of your post.
But you don't use your wife to justify unlimited illegal immigration. And yes, I've also used my own family members - such as my grandfather's tendency to ignore speed limit laws - but I never tried to use him to justify anything. Yes, he griped about his tickets sometimes but he paid them and suffered the consequences for his action. He would go on and on about speed traps in Georgia when he went down to Florida - but do you see me out there demanding traffic laws in Georgia be eliminated?

But no - I would never use a law-abiding family member to justify others breaking the laws however they please.

Old 08-27-2011, 12:49 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,028,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinaskies View Post
An illegal without drivers license sidewiped my drivers door and I had to cough up 300 to pay out of pocket to have it fixed.
You didnīt have uninsured motorist coverage? There are drivers other than illegal aliens that donīt have insurance coverage after all. And of course your statement entirely hinges on how you are identifying someone sideswiping your car as an illegal alien, and not having a driverīs license.

Is that North Carolina, accenting how that state has tightened itīs license requirements, and seen their uninsured motorist rates rise as a result?...

Old 08-27-2011, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Only because I don't know the homicide rates of Honduras or El Salvador or Guatemala are as low as Mexico's. Maybe Honduras is bad - but again - who made it bad (if it is)? The cartels are mainly in Mexico though -- and high street crime is just as much a problem in the USA cities.

You simply don't flee Puebla Mexico to Los Angeles because you're concerned about homicide rates...
But again, arenīt we talking about a notion of insurance?...

Old 08-27-2011, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
And to be fair, I am a New Mexico resident that would have really been affected if my state didnīt have that policy in place at the time. Why would malamute (in another state) advocate to hold a driverīs license from someone legally present? Or require those that legally immigrate to renew their driverīs licenses yearly?

Amazingly he acts like a study validates his opinion when it actually points in the other direction...

Martinezīs grandparents immigrated from Mexico, but she doesnīt realize that her own sister (with Down Syndrome) wouldnīt have been allowed to come at that time, if she would have been born in Mexico instead...

Old 08-27-2011, 01:10 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,241,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
Willing to break other laws or necessary to break them to actually work?
We DONT want illegal aliens here. If we wantd em bad enough, theres visas.

Old 08-27-2011, 01:11 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,241,964 times
Quote:
Yeah because none of our ancestors immigrated to escape poverty/violence, etc.
If talkin bout illegal Mexicans. Why the USA? There are many Spanish speaking countrys they can go to.

Old 08-27-2011, 02:02 PM

335 posts, read 281,777 times
Quote:
Yeah because none of our ancestors immigrated to escape poverty/violence, etc.
Regardless of why our ancestors immigrated here, they still immigrated here legally.

Old 08-27-2011, 02:06 PM

12,620 posts, read 17,749,243 times
Quote:
Handing illegals drivers licenses apparently doesn't move them to go out and buy liability insurance to drive.

NMSU Study Says Driver's Licenses for Illegal Immigrants Barely Impacts Uninsured Motorist Numbers | KTSM News Channel 9

Query identified factors that did cause an increase in the uninsured driver rate: the actual number of undocumented immigrants and unemployment.
This from someone in a SANCTUARY state!

Old 08-27-2011, 02:22 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,949,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
And to be fair, I am a New Mexico resident that would have really been affected if my state didnīt have that policy in place at the time. Why would malamute (in another state) advocate to hold a driverīs license from someone legally present? Or require those that legally immigrate to renew their driverīs licenses yearly?

Amazingly he acts like a study validates his opinion when it actually points in the other direction...

Martinezīs grandparents immigrated from Mexico, but she doesnīt realize that her own sister (with Down Syndrome) wouldnīt have been allowed to come at that time, if she would have been born in Mexico instead...
So? Martinez and her sister were always here legally. But yeah, anyone whose ancestors didn't come here or weren't here would have been born somewhere else if he or she were born at all. Yes, that's logic I suppose but still doesn't justfiy foreign citizens breaking the laws of this country - or any of us breaking the laws of another country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or