U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-28-2011, 02:30 PM
 
1,569 posts, read 1,007,399 times
Reputation: 111

Advertisements

BTW don't confuse Benicar and malamute agreeing with the gist of that post as indicating that they will stop calling illegal immigrants greedy and so forth despite the fact that they are simply responding to incentives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-28-2011, 02:36 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,840,521 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
BTW don't confuse Benicar and malamute agreeing with the gist of that post as indicating that they will stop calling illegal immigrants greedy and so forth despite the fact that they are simply responding to incentives.
And, keys left in a car could be considered an incentive. However, only those with a propensity for theft would actually steal the car.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2011, 02:40 PM
 
1,569 posts, read 1,007,399 times
Reputation: 111
Yeah, same thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2011, 02:43 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,858,290 times
Reputation: 22174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
BTW don't confuse Benicar and malamute agreeing with the gist of that post as indicating that they will stop calling illegal immigrants greedy and so forth despite the fact that they are simply responding to incentives.
Of course not. The greed and bad motives can exist on both sides.

Take an illegal who abandoned his wife and chilldren because some cheap wage company recruited him to come here.

Now he knows he's not going to see his kids or his wife again for many years, maybe never but he goes for the money. That's greed. But also the CEO who decided tough luck for the unemployed Americans begging for a job, he has a plan to bring in cheap than legal labor because he wants the money. That's also greed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2011, 02:46 PM
 
1,569 posts, read 1,007,399 times
Reputation: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Of course not. The greed and bad motives can exist on both sides.

Take an illegal who abandoned his wife and chilldren because some cheap wage company recruited him to come here.

Now he knows he's not going to see his kids or his wife again for many years, maybe never but he goes for the money. That's greed. But also the CEO who decided tough luck for the unemployed Americans begging for a job, he has a plan to bring in cheap than legal labor because he wants the money. That's also greed.
And the American ranting on message boards about how poor people (you've admitted to generally opposing welfare, of course) are draining his tax dollars. Also greed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2011, 02:52 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,858,290 times
Reputation: 22174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
And the American ranting on message boards about how poor people (you've admitted to generally opposing welfare, of course) are draining his tax dollars. Also greed.
Yes I do generally oppose welfare. But certainly if I'm going to be against welfare for my fellow Americans, I'm going to be against it for foreigners pouring over the borders to get in on it.

You must be very much for welfare because you want to deny many Americans a chance to work or a chance to work for decent wages and so exactly how could you expect them to survive otherwise?

Yet a limitless welfare system isn't possible and as you insist that the entire world has a right to everything in the USA, you would also demand that anyone from anywhere can also come here to live off the very generous welfare programs and just damn the taxpayers.

It's not greed at all to want to keep the money I myself earned. I pay far far more for the free health care of others than I pay for myself or my kids. Far more. Perfectly able bodied illegals are not paying for their own health care, but I must pay for my own and theirs. How greedy of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2011, 02:55 PM
 
1,569 posts, read 1,007,399 times
Reputation: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
It's not greed at all to want to keep the money I myself earned. I pay far far more for the free health care of others than I pay for myself or my kids. Far more. Perfectly able bodied illegals are not paying for their own health care, but I must pay for my own and theirs. How greedy of them.
You see, you're going to have to clarify what you mean by greed.

Because you're talking about your right to do what you wish with your resources. You'd rather they not go to poor people or illegal immigrants or whomever. You say that's not greed because it's your money.

But then when it's my money, you get a little hazy. If I would like to utilize my resources by hiring an illegal immigrant, all of a sudden you don't care that it's my money. You start calling it greed. But it's the same thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2011, 02:55 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,840,521 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
And the American ranting on message boards about how poor people (you've admitted to generally opposing welfare, of course) are draining his tax dollars. Also greed.
Címon, how is it greed to not want our hard-earned tax dollars abused by generational welfare recipients, and other scammers? Please explain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2011, 02:59 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,840,521 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
You see, you're going to have to clarify what you mean by greed.

Because you're talking about your right to do what you wish with your resources. You'd rather they not go to poor people or illegal immigrants or whomever. You say that's not greed because it's your money.

But then when it's my money, you get a little hazy. If I would like to utilize my resources by hiring an illegal immigrant, all of a sudden you don't care that it's my money. You start calling it greed. But it's the same thing.
No, itís not the same. Those who employ illegals do not provide for their support. They reap the profits, but U.S. taxpayers are left holding the expense bag. HUGE difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2011, 03:02 PM
 
1,569 posts, read 1,007,399 times
Reputation: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
No, itís not the same. Those who employ illegals do not provide for their support. They reap the profits, but U.S. taxpayers are left holding the expense bag. HUGE difference.
They provide for their support like...very very directly.

You guys don't like people to force you to do ONE thing with your money. But you want to force others to not do ANOTHER thing with theirs, so to bridge the gap you call the other thing "greedy" when it's none of your business to begin with. If the government is supplying illegal immigrants with welfare unjustly, that sounds like the government's problem. Now you're trying to impose costs on businessmen who simply want to do with their money what they please. Just like you do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top