Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 11:17 AM

7,359 posts, read 10,277,416 times

Advertisements

okayokay: Once you get back to your "good life" in Mexico, and--thanks to the servants you will no doubt have--will have time freed up from domestic chores, you might want to consider working to better the conditions of the poor people in your country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2007, 01:19 PM

1,498 posts, read 3,465,002 times
You are going back to Mexico ??? Sweet, do me a favor and take 35 million of your illegal countrymen with you

Sincerely,
Americans tired of paying for illegals

Old 08-16-2007, 01:41 PM

2,433 posts, read 6,677,572 times
This quote caught my attention. No wonder ICE hasn't deported anyone I've reported.

Quote:
Temple Black, a public affairs officer with the Immigration & Customs Enforcement division of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security in New Orleans, said his agency normally takes its arrest tips from local law enforcement and not from apartment managers and members of the public. He did not rule out investigating such claims, but neither did he commit to descending on Lakeview Apartments seeking illegal immigrants.

Old 08-16-2007, 02:38 PM

1,484 posts, read 4,155,832 times
Default rest of the article

If you read the rest of the article, INS says it would not commit to investigating the illegal alien complaint from the aprtment.

Now what should I think when INS and Bush say they are pushing to enforce immigration laws? Hand over illegal aliens to them and they wont do anything. someone needs to sue these pro activist groups for telling illegals that they have rights in a country where they are illegals.

Old 08-16-2007, 02:50 PM

10,178 posts, read 11,164,319 times
Like I've said in other posts - it pays to be an illegal. They have no consenquences to anything, even though - they are Criminals by being here.

Old 08-16-2007, 07:01 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,646,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducter View Post
If you read the rest of the article, INS says it would not commit to investigating the illegal alien complaint from the aprtment.

Now what should I think when INS and Bush say they are pushing to enforce immigration laws? Hand over illegal aliens to them and they wont do anything. someone needs to sue these pro activist groups for telling illegals that they have rights in a country where they are illegals.
Especially since Bush and his administration have been telling us to LOOK OUT for suspicious people, terrorists, etc. So, we look out for them, for what? To get slapped down? To be ignored? If he thinks terrorists aren't coming in through the Mexican border...well, I know, he doesn't think.

Old 08-17-2007, 05:29 PM

2,589 posts, read 8,638,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okayokay View Post
Not really. Where I come from was 1000 times better than here. I used to have everything done for me, over there I didn't even have to do my own bed. Maybe you need to go (again?) to Mexico and see that not everything is bad there. My family and I were here only for a period of time and in two months we're heading back to the GOOD LIFE. Can't wait!
may i call you a cab?

Old 08-18-2007, 10:40 PM

543 posts, read 1,228,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Especially since Bush and his administration have been telling us to LOOK OUT for suspicious people, terrorists, etc. So, we look out for them, for what? To get slapped down? To be ignored? If he thinks terrorists aren't coming in through the Mexican border...well, I know, he doesn't think.
His brain left the White House, remember? LOL! But seriously, I hope more follow this example.

Old 08-18-2007, 10:48 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,749,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okayokay View Post
Not really. Where I come from was 1000 times better than here. I used to have everything done for me, over there I didn't even have to do my own bed. Maybe you need to go (again?) to Mexico and see that not everything is bad there. My family and I were here only for a period of time and in two months we're heading back to the GOOD LIFE. Can't wait!
Don't let the door hit'cha where the good Lord split'cha! Why don't you take a few of your illegal compadres back with you when you go?

Old 08-20-2007, 04:05 PM

320 posts, read 296,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
I went back to wash some dishes and the statement that Mexico is better then America nagged on my mind. Here we have millions of Mexican citizens crawling through the desert, some dying, some killed by bandits to flee Mexico and by all accounts "come to America for a better life".

One question, why would so many risk their very life if Mexico is so much better then America? One person who does not have to make their bed does not speak for the masses that have stated the horrible conditions and inability to feed their families.

I too would probably head for the border if I could not feed my family. I understand their plight but illegal is still illegal and unless you immigrate legally you should be deported.
When residents say Mexico is "good," they are almost always referring to the Americanized areas where the US dollar is typical currency. Mexico is filled with poverty. Do some research on the poverty in Mexico City, it will frighten you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration