U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2011, 04:30 PM

1,574 posts, read 792,080 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
I am truly sorry you seem to expend so much energy on the internet attempting to convince people otherwise.
And you still haven't actually read what I wrote. Just keep sticking your fingers in your ears and shouting "LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU." Good argrument.

Old 09-04-2011, 04:38 PM

3,493 posts, read 2,392,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
And you still haven't actually read what I wrote. Just keep sticking your fingers in your ears and shouting "LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU." Good argrument.
I could have written the very same words right back to you.

Old 09-04-2011, 04:48 PM

Quote:
I could have written the very same words right back to you.

Yes, you could have, and it would have been just another in your long line of lies about me.

I address your questions, you say I'm dodging them.

You say I am presuming what you think, when I in fact said I don't CARE what you think, and that what you think DOESN'T MATTER.

You say I'm obsessed with race and you don't see it, but you're the one who keeps posting about how mexicans are picking your pockets, how mexicans this and mexicans that.

I say you shouldn't have to pay for other people, you claim I am saying you should have to fund everything mexicans want.

You try to call me sexist to "get back" at me for calling you racist, even though you can't actually point to any sexist statements. You've just got this one word that has some ancient connotations that nobody uses in that way anymore. Nothing that actually indicates I think women are inferior to men.

And the funny part is, all of this is easily readable. Anyone can scroll back and see what you're lying about, what I've actually said, and how you've deliberately misrepresented it.

Old 09-04-2011, 06:51 PM

3,493 posts, read 2,392,785 times
Quote:
Yes, you could have, and it would have been just another in your long line of lies about me.

I address your questions, you say I'm dodging them.

You say I am presuming what you think, when I in fact said I don't CARE what you think, and that what you think DOESN'T MATTER.

You say I'm obsessed with race and you don't see it, but you're the one who keeps posting about how mexicans are picking your pockets, how mexicans this and mexicans that.

I say you shouldn't have to pay for other people, you claim I am saying you should have to fund everything mexicans want.

You try to call me sexist to "get back" at me for calling you racist, even though you can't actually point to any sexist statements. You've just got this one word that has some ancient connotations that nobody uses in that way anymore. Nothing that actually indicates I think women are inferior to men.

And the funny part is, all of this is easily readable. Anyone can scroll back and see what you're lying about, what I've actually said, and how you've deliberately misrepresented it.
Eh.

You don't even read your own words so why should I?

I used Mexican as shorthand for illegal because the majority of illegals are Mexican and many of the most vocal defenders of illegals are Mexican nationals and their representative officials. You have also used the same exact shorthand in several threads. FYI, I'll let you in on a secret: Mexican is not a race. Addressing my questions does not consist of insulting me or accusing me of having a "SoupersecretRacistAgenda" that no one else but you or your little posse would find.

The rest of what you've written I could write back to you. You have insulted me in the most vile manner imaginable and misinterpreted just about every single sentence I've written.

Your sense of outrage is as preposterous as your defense of illegals.

Old 09-04-2011, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Eh.

You don't even read your own words so why should I?

I used Mexican as shorthand for illegal because the majority of illegals are Mexican and many of the most vocal defenders of illegals are Mexican nationals and their representative officials. You have also used the same exact shorthand in several threads.
Yes. The racism isn't in acknowledgement that they're Mexican.

Quote:
FYI, I'll let you in on a secret: Mexican is not a race. Addressing my questions does not consist of insulting me or accusing me of having a "SoupersecretRacistAgenda" that no one else but you or your little posse would find.
If "Mexican is not a race" is your argument then you might as well hang it up. "I'm a bigot but I am bigoted on factors that aren't race but just happen to really, really tightly correlate with race" is not a winning position.

There's not a lot of supersecret subtext in hate-speech like this:

Quote:
We're sick of them, their leaders, our leaders and anyone who wants to defend their alleged right to have too many children, refuse to learn English, undercut wages and pick our pockets.
It's all right there in the open. Them funny-talkers can't stop the breedin and stealin. Yeah, there's no bigotry here!

Old 09-04-2011, 08:19 PM

888 posts, read 610,817 times
Man... what kind of country are folks outside of the Republic of South Florida running?
I am glad we don't have to put up with this BS in Miami.
Viva Miami!
I suppose I won't be welcome anywhere outside of here - except for maybe Puerto Rico, Republic of the Rio Grande, and Baja Arizona.
Tampa or Orlando is most likely friendly territory as well.

Old 09-04-2011, 08:22 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,931,891 times
Quote:
I think that's fine. Provide for your own needs, control your own property. Using force to keep competition away from you isn't part of that, though.
Butpassing laws and enforcing them to prevent being overwhelmed by over migration is acceptable and every nation on the planet does it.

Old 09-05-2011, 04:34 AM
Yac

5,881 posts, read 6,310,906 times
Unless you start respecting each other and at least attempt to discuss the issues, threads will keep getting closed. No, putting words in your opponent's mouth, spinning, avoiding answers and uncomfortable truths, mocking the other side and being snarky is not discussing. It's trolling. Whether you're "right" or not, or feel morally better. In fact, what motivates you is highly irrelevant, what is relevant is what you post.
Closed.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration