U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 09-01-2011, 10:05 AM
 
3,493 posts, read 2,398,657 times
Reputation: 2345

Advertisements

FYI, many of our own college graduates do not have jobs:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/01/fa...R_HP_LO_MST_FB

Quote:
About 14 percent of those who graduated from college between 2006 and 2010 are looking for full-time jobs, either because they are unemployed or have only part-time jobs, according to a survey of 571 recent college graduates released in May by the Heldrich Center at Rutgers.

And then there is the slice of graduates effectively underemployed, using a college degree for positions that donít require one or barely scraping by, working in call centers, bars or art-supply stores.
Why are Americans supposed to provide publically funded college educations for foreign nationals when our own graduates struggle to find work?

 
Old 09-01-2011, 10:12 AM
 
1,574 posts, read 794,264 times
Reputation: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Because there's no other argument you could make that would otherwise allow the world's low skilled high school drop out non-English speakers to come to America, let alone to skip our immigration lines and dip into the public till.
I don't advocate that they should skip lines (of course, there IS NO LINE TO SKIP, but that's another whole thread where we can demolish that tired old strawman), nor do I advocate that they dip into the public till.

Of course, anyone debating on logic instead of hysterical emotion would have picked up on that by now, seeing as it's been repeated countless times.

Rock proposed an arangement whereby immigrants could come here legally if they agreed to forego welfare, and none of the "they're draining our tax coffers" thought that would be a good idea. The "they don't pay (enough) taxes" argument is not sincere at all, it's routinely exposed as a sham and a cover for some deeper, secret objection.
 
Old 09-01-2011, 11:46 AM
 
Location: OCEAN BREEZES AND VIEWS SAN CLEMENTE
19,899 posts, read 15,382,836 times
Reputation: 6451
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Sorry that is not true. Sorry but it is not. Last year when i hired a Contractor who bid way too low on my job. Well guess who he thought would do my job. A bunch of illegals, who by the way told me to my face, when they no longer worked here, that no they do not pay taxes. And that those that hire them, do for one reason, they are paying them under the table.

Oh yep two of them told me this, without hesitation. Want to know something else he told me, that as long as we are stupid here in the US, and employees are ignorant enough to hire them, being illegals, that we deserve what we get. nice ha.

When i approached my contractor as to the idiots he was hiring, i told him, i needed to see their identifications, and if they were not born in this Country, they were going every last one of them, and i was making a phone call.

His fault he bid too low not mine, sorry if my hubby and me know more about remodeling then him or these idiots., well let me tell ya, the illegals did not put up wallboard straight for the life of them, i was having fits, i was ready to do it, we have done it all, just no time and an illness. They did not even know how to tape right, i did not find this amusing in anyway.
Paint if you saw how they painted, it could be on America's Funniest home video. Tile oh my gosh, they could not put tile up right, did not match it right, they did not know how to do the grout, i have had it at this point.
So yes they do work here they are making money, and as two of the illegals told me to my face, they do not pay taxes. Want to talk to them go right ahead.

And to say that every illegal out there who is working is paying taxes is so not true, i know of others who are not paying taxes either, and are also here illegally. It is an epidemic.
I did get an all new crew, that knew what they were doing, but at this point i lost faith in this contractor, never trusted him after the fact. Infact he was so mad at me, because he could not save a buck, at the end of the project he walked, i got screwed, yes, but hubby and i finished what needed to be done, and did a damn good job at what we did, with the inspectors, passing our work with flying colors.

Tell ya something no one is trying to pull a fast one with me and going to get away with it, not even another Italian, we went toe to toe, the way i like it.

So while these idiots are hiring illegals, they are saving a buck, oh yes they are, not paying taxes, and you get not quality work, but shi-- work.
Did he really save by hiring illegals. Everything they did had to be re done again, and had to come from his pocket, oh too bad. Play with fire in my books you are going to get burned.

And sorry whether most Americans want to admit it or not, many illegals are being paid under the table. To save money here and there, but when the illegals cannot do a freaking thing, what the hell are you saving. I don't want them working on anything i need done. From this point on we will do the work. I found out even cabinet makers making very good money by the way, are also here illegally, found that one out by mistake.

No all illegals are not paying taxes, if you have proof of this prove it.

Hey look when my contractor found out i had pics of him paying the illegals under the tabble, very good pics by the way, they were gone in a heartbeat. he does not know who he was fooling with, Mess with me, your going to get it back and in a big way.
 
Old 09-01-2011, 11:55 AM
 
1,574 posts, read 794,264 times
Reputation: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
And sorry whether most Americans want to admit it or not, many illegals are being paid under the table. To save money here and there, but when the illegals cannot do a freaking thing, what the hell are you saving. I don't want them working on anything i need done. From this point on we will do the work. I found out even cabinet makers making very good money by the way, are also here illegally, found that one out by mistake.

No all illegals are not paying taxes, if you have proof of this prove it.
So they're cheap, but they're making good money? You're just ranting and not making any sense.

They pay taxes. Even the IRS says so. Why are they all "stealing" SSNs if not to pay taxes? If you don't want to hire them, don't. That's fine with me. If you want to pay more for better work, go right ahead. I pay extra for good craftsmanship all the time.

If you want to complain about them not paying taxes, well, there's a SUPER SIMPLE solution for that.
 
Old 09-01-2011, 02:04 PM
 
794 posts, read 1,496,726 times
Reputation: 607
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
lol? A month ago there was a bill allowing private aid. You guys got all in a tizzy because, for some reason, no one seemed to know the difference. My "argument" wasn't that public aid for illegal immigrants it the best thing evaaaa, it was that everyone who confused the two had no idea what they were talking about.
You forgot about the fact they had to complete 3 years in our high schools. That's public tax dollars right there.
 
Old 09-01-2011, 02:24 PM
 
3,493 posts, read 2,398,657 times
Reputation: 2345
Some people's paranoia just baffles me. There is no deep secret agenda. Take off the tinfoil hat, stop with the sexist language and grow up.



Foreign nationals should not be entitled to move here without permission. They most certainly should NOT be able to claim seats at our universities after they've done so complete with state funded scholarship money. That's ridiculous. The purpose of our immigration laws should NEVER be to make life as easy as possible for anyone to come here.

I swear to god I just got done paying off my own student loans a few years ago. Why should someone from Mexico get to pick my pocket to pay for his education? Why are me and my fellow Americans responsible for the higher education of people who have broken our laws? Why should our taxes get raised to finance the educational needs of foreign nationals who can't even be bothered to apply legally?

There are plenty of fine universities in Mexico. If his parents want him to have an education let them move back there and pay for it. It is completely unfair to ask me to pay for it.

The people in question can't even work legally in the United States. This is simply pandering to the hispanic lobby plain and simple. So much for the jobs Americans won't do!

 
Old 09-01-2011, 02:28 PM
 
9,243 posts, read 7,139,866 times
Reputation: 2200
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
So they're cheap, but they're making good money? You're just ranting and not making any sense.

They pay taxes. Even the IRS says so. Why are they all "stealing" SSNs if not to pay taxes? If you don't want to hire them, don't. That's fine with me. If you want to pay more for better work, go right ahead. I pay extra for good craftsmanship all the time.

If you want to complain about them not paying taxes, well, there's a SUPER SIMPLE solution for that.
They shouldn't be here
 
Old 09-01-2011, 02:37 PM
 
1,574 posts, read 794,264 times
Reputation: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Some people's paranoia just baffles me. There is no deep secret agenda. Take off the tinfoil hat, stop with the sexist language and grow up.
Wow, the irony. There's no sexist language in this thread. And reading your posts, they're practically dripping with hystertia, paranoia, and conspiracy boogeymen. You disingenuously characterize other people as supporting "skipping lines," you deal in discredited stereotypes, and you spread a bunch of hate-filled rhetoric about people conspiring to pick your pockets and throw around ridiculous accusations when you have nothing else to scrape out of the barrel.
 
Old 09-01-2011, 02:48 PM
 
Location: SW MO
23,605 posts, read 30,474,549 times
Reputation: 28989
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
Wow, the irony. There's no sexist language in this thread. And reading your posts, they're practically dripping with hystertia, paranoia, and conspiracy boogeymen. You disingenuously characterize other people as supporting "skipping lines," you deal in discredited stereotypes, and you spread a bunch of hate-filled rhetoric about people conspiring to pick your pockets and throw around ridiculous accusations when you have nothing else to scrape out of the barrel.
What part of "illegal" are you incapabe pf comprehending and wrapping your mind around? All the rest is simply window dressing and none of the "pro" arguments hold water. They're simply straw men and red herrings by which the progressives try to legitimize their disdane for the rule of law.
 
Old 09-01-2011, 02:55 PM
 
3,493 posts, read 2,398,657 times
Reputation: 2345
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
Wow, the irony. There's no sexist language in this thread. And reading your posts, they're practically dripping with hystertia, paranoia, and conspiracy boogeymen. You disingenuously characterize other people as supporting "skipping lines," you deal in discredited stereotypes, and you spread a bunch of hate-filled rhetoric about people conspiring to pick your pockets and throw around ridiculous accusations when you have nothing else to scrape out of the barrel.
As I pointed out to you previously the word hysteria has sexist connotations. You should stop using it.

Everything else I wrote was true. Illegals are skipping lines. The United States has laws that state you must wait your turn if you want to come here. You have no legal or moral right to come here after we said you could not.

For the thousandth time most illegals are from Mexico or Guatemala. Fewer than half have a high school diploma and many do not speak English. I am sorry if facts offend you but facts are facts however unflattering. It is not hatred to point that out.

This is not in dispute:

Report: Most Illegal Immigrants Come From Mexico - US News and World Report

Quote:
A new congressional report sure to stir up the heated immigration debate finds that about 1 in 4 foreigners in America are here illegally and that 62 percent of them come from Mexico through America's most porous border.
American universities are directly funded from taxpayer dollars. Illegals pay little if any in taxes and are therefore not paying for such universities. By demanding that we not only finance their primary education but fund higher education for them as well they are indeed demanding the right to pick our pockets. Illegals and their supporters act as if the only place anyone could possibly get an education is here in America. That's ridiculous. There are many fine universities in Mexico. If Mexicans want to get a college degree they should go back to Mexico and enroll in one of them. If Mexicans wish to study in America they should do what others do: apply legally as foreign students and pay for it themselves if accepted.

Misuse of language and wholly false accusations do not help your case nor do they grant you the moral high ground the way you arrogantly seem to think they do.



Again stop with the false accusations. Accusing every one who has the temerity to disagree with you with the basest of motives just makes people ignore you. Which is probably the best course of action . . .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top