U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2011, 09:06 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
I can't wait to get more historical insights from you, malamute. Tell us about the 3/4ths compromise!
Nah, that all got resolved later, but how about we discuss those savages at the frontiers instead.

Or do you not like to read the whole document but pick just one line and pretend it was meant to apply to foreigners invading illegally and breaking all sorts of laws?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2011, 09:08 AM

1,569 posts, read 1,005,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Nah, that all got resolved later, but how about we discuss those savages at the frontiers instead.

Or do you not like to read the whole document but pick just one line and pretend it was meant to apply to foreigners invading illegally and breaking all sorts of laws?
You JUST admitted that the line is about God-given rights and thus applies to all human beings.

Congrats on Googling the 3/5ths Compromise, you are a captain of industry.

Old 09-03-2011, 09:12 AM

Quote:
You JUST admitted that the line is about God-given rights and thus applies to all human beings.

Congrats on Googling the 3/5ths Compromise, you are a captain of industry.
American slaves have absolutely nothing to do with illegals breaking the laws to come here.

Again, what about those savages at the border?

And I'm not denying that Mexicans and Central Americans have God-given rights in their own countries, and maybe it's time they exert them.

Remember -- GOD didn't make the land of the USA the only place in the world for people to live, but no one is denying the illegals their God-given or natural rights in their own country. They have them, they just won't fight for them.

Old 09-03-2011, 09:22 AM

1,574 posts, read 788,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
American slaves have absolutely nothing to do with illegals breaking the laws to come here.

Again, what about those savages at the border?

And I'm not denying that Mexicans and Central Americans have God-given rights in their own countries, and maybe it's time they exert them.

Remember -- GOD didn't make the land of the USA the only place in the world for people to live, but no one is denying the illegals their God-given or natural rights in their own country. They have them, they just won't fight for them.
This is such a totally bizarre goalpost shift I'm not even really sure what the point you're making is.

Are you suggesting that immigrants are savages? Because that certainly would be interesting (not really shocking, just interesting for you to say out loud).

Old 09-03-2011, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
This is such a totally bizarre goalpost shift I'm not even really sure what the point you're making is.

Are you suggesting that immigrants are savages? Because that certainly would be interesting (not really shocking, just interesting for you to say out loud).
No, I'm pointing out that you missed that part about the "savages at the frontier" in the Declaration of Independence - since you seem to hungup and believing that the Declaration of Independence was written for illegals, I wondered how you didn't get to that savages at the frontier part in there.

Old 09-03-2011, 10:27 AM

1,574 posts, read 788,884 times
What are you talking about? I mean, if you want to use your backward revisionist thinking, the guys writing that were pretty barbaric in some ways, but clearly didn't even believe in something as barbaric as "illegal immigration." It wasn't a concept they understood. It took some innovations in bigotry to come up with it.

Old 09-03-2011, 10:31 AM

5,411 posts, read 6,212,424 times
Hispanics who fail to assimilate. Big deal .

Old 09-03-2011, 10:35 AM

1,569 posts, read 1,005,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
What are you talking about? I mean, if you want to use your backward revisionist thinking, the guys writing that were pretty barbaric in some ways, but clearly didn't even believe in something as barbaric as "illegal immigration." It wasn't a concept they understood. It took some innovations in bigotry to come up with it.
Come on now, if we know one thing about the colonists, it's that they hated people who traveled to places without a legal mandate.

Old 09-03-2011, 12:42 PM

2 posts, read 1,582 times
Quote:
The system obviously forces these extra crimes on anyone who is here illegally. Do you really think they'd choose to steal SSNs if they could be legally granted temporary status? Obviously not.

And, of course, I have no problem admitting that I'm a criminal in the literal sense, just as most people are. I'm also highly productive, and it speaks basically nothing as to my character or economic value.
I rarely post here but I had to address this.

Are you kidding me? The SYSTEM forces these extra crimes? Really? So you just absolve the person who comes here illegally from any responsibility or consequences? So because the SYSTEM doesn't give them certain allowances then its okay for them to steal?

So basically if you ( and I mean you Rock) don't have a car, its okay for you to steal my car, a car I own?

But then you've admitted you're a criminal and have no problem taking something that doesn't belong to you.

This type of thinking is so sad.

Coming to the US illegally is illegal. Stealing someone's SSN is illegal and wrong. Employing people who are not legally able to work in the US is wrong and I hope one day will be punishable.

Old 09-03-2011, 12:50 PM

18,856 posts, read 30,447,336 times
Okay, the game is up. Time to face the music. Did this couple pay taxes on ALL monies earned from their business? Did they pay all employer taxes on the employees? I am thinking NOT...their being illegal was just the FIRST law in many that they broke...This is not a cafeteria, where we pick and choose what laws to obey, nor is the American Judicial system a place where we plead that we did not break any "major" laws....there is no distinction...even though the Obama government thinks that there is...time for these folks to go home. The ride is over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration