U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 04:03 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,152,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
It's also a ludicrously inaccurate race card.

Immigration to the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That's over 175,000 people allowed to immgrate legally from Mexico alone in a single year. I daresay many of them were both brown and poor. I would also venture to assert that many people from other countries on the list such as El Salvador and Guatemala are also poor and brown.

Enough already. Americans do not owe every single poor person the right to come here because their lives might be better economically. If you break our laws and come anyway you should be fined and shipped home.

Americans are not slaves. No one has any legal or moral right to ask us to work harder to support the economic desires of poor foreigners. It is disgusting that refusal to agree to that idiotic proposal is labeled mere racism.

I don't owe anyone a Manhattan apartment or a Harvard education. If you can't get either one it is neither my fault nor is it my problem. If you argue the "right" to pick my pocket so you can get such things I will do everything I can to shove your hands out of my purse.
So much for the pro-illegals claims that our immigration quotas favor the white and the rich, right? Another one of their lies blown to smitherines. Nearly the entire list is comprised of "browns".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2011, 05:02 PM

15,924 posts, read 16,856,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian Ideals View Post
How do you know those aren't facts?
Because the Rights for All People is a pro-illegal alien organization and has a history of making up illegal alien sob stories...

Old 09-11-2011, 05:12 PM

1,574 posts, read 789,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Once again the race card was played when you said only rich whites.
How many professional athletes from the Dominican Republic play baseball?
You talked about rich whites. Your words and thats the race card.
No, that's not what "the race card" means. Mentioning race isn't "playing the race card."

Quote:
nations do have rights. Recognized by the world body. A nation is composed of people and reflect its citizens. Its citizens have the right to determine that nations laws.
I'm not sure what "the world body" is but this doesn't really matter either way so I won't discuss this any further.

Quote:
There are lines for everyone. Regardless of how certain an individual might be about their chances to get a VISA.
If your poor and brown or poor and white, poor and yellow is the point. It means you dont meet the minimum standards. And these standards are justified.
If you get sent to the line that means the system is working even tho its slow and redundant. Some nations enjoy ertain freedoms or advantages others dont. For Example japan, England, Germany nations that have an equiv. stand. of living. That means that thier citizens are less likely to violate our immigration policies and leave when they are supposed to. They have something worth going back too. They also can demonstrate the financial means to live here.
The point is every legal immigrant in this country regardless of type of VISA had to apply and wait for approval, and wait until all those who applied before them are approved.
We can cry no fair because some applicants have the means and the potential to meet our standards and others dont. That really isnt our problem its theirs.
Is it unfair that i want to eat at an upscale resturaunt but cant because I cant afford whats on the menu and dont have the clothes they require?
I dont think so.
OK, so then, like I said, if there are insurmountable hurdles, then the "get in line and wait patiently" handwave is in fact intellectually dishonest. It's just a way of ending a discussion without admitting that there is no possible way for some people to legally immigrate. Repeating the fact that there are some standards is nothing more than (as I said) agreeing with me. Glad to see there's nothing left to discuss here.

Old 09-11-2011, 05:50 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,887,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
No, that's not what "the race card" means. Mentioning race isn't "playing the race card."

I'm not sure what "the world body" is but this doesn't really matter either way so I won't discuss this any further.

OK, so then, like I said, if there are insurmountable hurdles, then the "get in line and wait patiently" handwave is in fact intellectually dishonest. It's just a way of ending a discussion without admitting that there is no possible way for some people to legally immigrate. Repeating the fact that there are some standards is nothing more than (as I said) agreeing with me. Glad to see there's nothing left to discuss here.
Insurmountable to who? To those who dont qualify. I want to own a 747. Its not fair because of insurmountable hurtles.
1. I don't have the money
2. I have no place to park it
3. If I did I couldn't afford to park it
4. I cant afford the up keep
5. I cant afford the insurance.
I may never accumulate the wealth.
By your logic I should be given the 747 and everyone else chip in to pay for it.
Once again. We dont need 10 or 30 or 50 million unskilled immigrants. That's why we set minimum standards.
The fact they don't qualify is completely irrelevant to the fact that anyone who does qualify can apply.
Then the complaint by some its not fair that some get sponsored by family members or spouses. Well obviously the sponsors qualified.
Yes there are hurdles and for some possibly insurmountable.
None of which justifies violating our laws. None of which justifies allowing millions of un-needed immigrants to obtain a VISA.
The lines are there for the qualified, those who meet the standard. Is it fair? Fair is relative. Its certainly fair for this nation. Its fair for the qualified.

Old 09-11-2011, 05:53 PM

3,493 posts, read 2,386,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
So much for the pro-illegals claims that our immigration quotas favor the white and the rich, right? Another one of their lies blown to smitherines. Nearly the entire list is comprised of "browns".
Isn't it ridiculous?

We legally let in hundreds of thousands of people yet if we dare draw a line anywhere at any point out come the vile insults. This is ridiculous. We have a huge recession. We literally have no new jobs right now. Why are we supposed to invite people here who are not only not likely to create any new jobs but to lower wages on existing jobs?

Old 09-11-2011, 05:56 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,887,954 times
Quote:
Isn't it ridiculous?

We legally let in hundreds of thousands of people yet if we dare draw a line anywhere at any point out come the vile insults. This is ridiculous. We have a huge recession. We literally have no new jobs right now. Why are we supposed to invite people here who are not only not likely to create any new jobs but to lower wages on existing jobs?
And will most likely strain our social systems even more due to the fact they will be within the income level that will pay minimum or nor fed taxes, will be eligible for food stamps and other such programs, and have children requiring specialized education ie bi-lingual teachers.

Old 09-11-2011, 06:09 PM

3,493 posts, read 2,386,453 times
Quote:
And will most likely strain our social systems even more due to the fact they will be within the income level that will pay minimum or nor fed taxes, will be eligible for food stamps and other such programs, and have children requiring specialized education ie bi-lingual teachers.
Especially when our own kids are facing educational layoffs:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/24/ed...layoffs&st=cse

Quote:
School aides were saved from layoffs last year by federal money, but 438 about 5 percent of their ranks will now lose their jobs. Some 82 parent coordinators, about 6 percent of the total, will also lose their jobs, essentially severing the main link between parents and administrators at dozens of schools.

The budget cuts have also cost 2,186 teachers their full-time, fixed assignments at city schools.
Our schools are a disaster right now. Why should we allow people to immigrate here who will only fail to pay more taxes and overcrowd them even further?

Old 09-11-2011, 07:18 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,293,898 times
Quote:
Isn't it ridiculous?

I agree with you Eleanora1;

Most normal people would agree with you, not to mention the huge burden and strain on all Social Services in regards to illegals. Such a strain. and also economically and huge burdern we don't need, any good solutions i would be willing to listen to. Because the way we are going, they are going to keep on a coming.

Old 09-12-2011, 07:22 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,722,338 times
Quote:
Their extremely high teen birth rates are the biggest problem. What has them selling chicklets on the side walk with their infants and toddlers back home has them sitting in the welfare offices in the USA.

It's common along the border in these immigrant communities to see a grandmother taking a kindergartener to school and then dropping the mother off at the high school. It's not rare for a latina girl to have 3 kids before she graduates from high school, they don't become taxpayers and start on the next welfare generation.

Like they say, they have to be in the USA with it's easy money and government handouts to feed their children. It requires a little personal effort and self-control to make it back home where there are no food stamp and WIC programs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration