U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 07:59 PM

302 posts, read 344,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad
Excuses, lol. If she comes here illegally, she has two choices once she starts working. One is getting a fake/stolen SSN and paying taxes, and the other is not paying taxes. You endorse this system where NO OTHER OPTION IS POSSIBLE and yet you still complain when one of these results inevitably occurs.
Excuse me, but her OPTION would be NOT TO COME HERE ILLEGALLY in the first place!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2011, 08:47 PM

3,493 posts, read 2,396,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadKittehs View Post
Excuse me, but her OPTION would be NOT TO COME HERE ILLEGALLY in the first place!!

I have no sympathy at all for someone who lives here fourteen years and still does not speak English. We have no evidence the women in question is a productive citizen. We have no evidence she employs Americans or pays taxes.

The evidence we have is that she's lived here in violation of our laws for over a decade. During this time she has not bothered to learn English. She has most definitely broken our employment laws obviously in multiple ways. For that alone she ought to be deported. If she wants to stay with her children there's nothing preventing them from coming with her.

Old 08-29-2011, 09:30 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,941,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
Excuses, lol. If she comes here illegally, she has two choices once she starts working. One is getting a fake/stolen SSN and paying taxes, and the other is not paying taxes. You endorse this system where NO OTHER OPTION IS POSSIBLE and yet you still complain when one of these results inevitably occurs.

And shut up with the "life of crime" bull****. She doesn't live a life of crime any more than anyone who commits small crimes or civil offenses all the time (most people).
There are other options for her, don't be such a drama queen.

She had the option of obeying the laws. She could have come here legally if she intended to start a business here - that is on VERY VERY easy way of immigrating legally. However there are a few rules that must be followed but I don't know what it is, but it doesn't take much more than opening a burrito stand to come here legally with a business.

Other even better option: Stay in her own country whose language she obviously prefers to speak - so much so that she apparently refused ever to learn any English and create jobs there.

Imagine that.. She could have done something for her own country, ambitious worker and entrepeneur that she is. She could have provided jobs back home for her people, maybe made her own country a better place. She did NOTHING for ours and would not be at all missed.

Old 08-29-2011, 11:49 PM

5,946 posts, read 6,393,352 times
Quote:
I think she can "feel" whatever she'd like. And I personally don't feel that I have the right or should want to infringe upon her ability to live where she prefers.
So your fine with her moving her family into your house?

Old 08-30-2011, 09:23 AM

1,569 posts, read 1,008,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Well your correct you don't have that right. But our government does.
and by "right" you mean...they can do it. They can do anything, of course. They can call you a terrorist and lock you up indefinitely right now. I don't care about "rights" (whatever that means), I care about the state interfering with liberty without just cause.

Old 08-30-2011, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadKittehs View Post
durrrr

And? I specifically said once she has come here illegally. I mean, the whole line of argument has basically broken down like this:

A. Outlaw illegal immigration
B. Create status offenses based on being an illegal immigrant
C. Complain that by breaking those status laws, illegal immigrants are living lives of crime.

Old 08-30-2011, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Other even better option: Stay in her own country whose language she obviously prefers to speak - so much so that she apparently refused ever to learn any English and create jobs there
Maybe she wanted to be in a country where there is no official language. You know, like ours.

BTW loved your "even better" option being her staying there rather than immigrating legally. True agendas being revealed by accident daily here at c-d!

Old 08-30-2011, 11:04 AM

9,243 posts, read 7,134,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post

I have no sympathy at all for someone who lives here fourteen years and still does not speak English. We have no evidence the women in question is a productive citizen. We have no evidence she employs Americans or pays taxes.

The evidence we have is that she's lived here in violation of our laws for over a decade. During this time she has not bothered to learn English. She has most definitely broken our employment laws obviously in multiple ways. For that alone she ought to be deported. If she wants to stay with her children there's nothing preventing them from coming with her.
I agree.

I can see if she tried to assimilate learned the language, American culture, etc...even then I would be hesitant but goes to show you where her heart was.

I am not sorry in the least bit.

Old 08-30-2011, 11:22 AM

3,493 posts, read 2,396,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
I agree.

I can see if she tried to assimilate learned the language, American culture, etc...even then I would be hesitant but goes to show you where her heart was.

I am not sorry in the least bit.
ITA

She's clearly not interested in assimilating. She wants this country to be Mexico but with better economics. If that's not what most Americans want she doesn't care. But she expects Americans to care about her. She clearly expects us to provide her with economic opportunities and probably even to learn Spanish so we can communicate with her.

That is not the sort of person we need here. That's certainly not the sort of person we should grant permission to skip the immigration lines ahead of other people.

The whole issue is ultimtely simple. We have a commodity people want. We should reserve that commodity for people who can benefit America. That means people who speak English, pay taxes and can employ Americans. If you can't meet those criteria we should make it clear that you should leave. We have no moral or legal obligation to provide anything for people who can't meet such criteria.

Americans are not responsible for meeting every single person's needs, wishes, desires and wants in this world.

Old 08-30-2011, 12:34 PM

2,868 posts, read 4,055,324 times
Quote:
You see, there it is right there, illegally! Why do you continue to fail to comprehend this. All the rest of the sob stories and yadda, yadda, yadda mean nothing and are irrelevant. It's spin and has no merit. Her first act in coming here was to break the law by entering illegally.

There really is a bottom line and that is "illegal". Myself, as well as a huge number of my fellow Americans and Legal Immigrants I'm sure, have become immune to these sob stories.

I live in a very diverse neighborhood with many immigrants, rest assured, the legal immigrants are just as appalled about this illegal immigrant situation as us American born. Legals have worked hard to become true Americans, and I find most make a strong effort to learn English and acclimate. Unlike the majority of the Illegal variety.

Deport her.....end of story......she can take her old man and the "anchors" with her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration