Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 08:58 AM

1,569 posts, read 1,210,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Back to the excuse its not their fault we have minimum standards?
The system forces nothing.
1. They chose to violate our immigration laws.
2. they chose to use ID theft or fraud.
3. They chose to live a life of crime.
It would be the system fault if we granted them a VISA and then denied them the right to work.
As it stands we dont owe anyone a VISA or entrance into this country.
They can disagree with our policies and that is thier right. They dont have a right to break any of our laws they disagree with any more than does a citizen.
The system forced nothing.
Excuses, lol. If she comes here illegally, she has two choices once she starts working. One is getting a fake/stolen SSN and paying taxes, and the other is not paying taxes. You endorse this system where NO OTHER OPTION IS POSSIBLE and yet you still complain when one of these results inevitably occurs.

And shut up with the "life of crime" bull****. She doesn't live a life of crime any more than anyone who commits small crimes or civil offenses all the time (most people).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2011, 09:00 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,663,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
Excuses, lol. If she comes here illegally, she has two choices once she starts working. One is getting a fake/stolen SSN and paying taxes, and the other is not paying taxes. You endorse this system where NO OTHER OPTION IS POSSIBLE and yet you still complain when one of these results inevitably occurs.

And shut up with the "life of crime" bull****. She doesn't live a life of crime any more than anyone who commits small crimes or civil offenses all the time (most people).
Why are you comparing her to people who are native/legal/ or have heritage here?

You make it seem as if she has a right to be here illegally. Does she?

Old 08-29-2011, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Why are you comparing her to people who are native/legal/ or have heritage here?

You make it seem as if she has a right to be here illegally. Does she?
What do you mean by "right"?

Old 08-29-2011, 09:36 AM

Quote:
What do you mean by "right"?
Please answer my question first.

Old 08-29-2011, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Please answer my question first.
Hm? Obviously I can't if you don't tell me what you mean by "right."

Old 08-29-2011, 10:30 AM

302 posts, read 473,812 times
According to the article, she was arrested two years ago. Yet I notice that she has a new anchor baby who was 3 months old at the time the article was written.

So, even knowing she was facing deportation, working three jobs to make ends meet, etc., she went ahead and had another anchor baby! If she's so afraid that she will be forced to "leave her family behind", why add to it? Oh wait- I can hear it now- "But I have an infant who needs its mama. . .!"

Old 08-29-2011, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Hm? Obviously I can't if you don't tell me what you mean by "right."
An assertion that people have a personal right to something.

Old 08-29-2011, 10:31 AM

Quote:
An assertion that people have a personal right to something.
...ok, you still need to define "personal right" before I know what you're trying to say.

Old 08-29-2011, 10:35 AM

Quote:
...ok, you still need to define "personal right" before I know what you're trying to say.
Feel she should be here illegally with other Americans.

Does that answer right?

Old 08-29-2011, 10:42 AM

I think she can "feel" whatever she'd like. And I personally don't feel that I have the right or should want to infringe upon her ability to live where she prefers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration