U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2011, 07:57 PM

302 posts, read 341,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Vizguerra, a native of Mexico City, moved to Colorado with her husband 14 years ago. In 2000, her husband was diagnosed with cancer, and the illness returned with greater severity three years ago, making him no longer able to work.

The mother of a grown-up daughter and three U.S.-born children ages 8, 6 and 3 months, the immigrant owns a moving and cleaning company with 12 full-time employees.

She also works two other jobs part-time to pay the medical bills and support her family.

"Jeanette's only 'crime' was to come here and work hard in three low-paying jobs," Klawitter said.[LEFT]

Mrs. Vizguerra has been here 14 years yet has never bothered to learn English (I have seen her interviewed on the news and she had to have an interpreter.) She states she pays taxes on her business and her jobs, but how did she get a business license if she is undocumented? Whose tax id number and SSN is she using? I wonder how many of her 12 employees are also illegals?

She has 3 anchor babies. The three "low-paying jobs" she holds are jobs that are now not available to legal citizens. She was arrested in the first place for driving without a license in an unregistered vehicle.

I am sure she is a perfectly nice lady, but she has broken more than one law, and continues to do so with no remorse. She took the chance of being deported when she chose to come here illegally in the first place. If she chooses to break-up her family if she is, in fact, deported, that is also her choice. There is nothing to stop her from taking her husband and anchor babies back to Mexico City with her.

Community rallies behind Mexican mom facing deportation | Fox News Latino
[/LEFT]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2011, 08:00 PM

28,906 posts, read 45,211,944 times
This isn't a game of Kick The Can. Just because you manage to escape detection by the immigration authorities for 14 years doesn't make you home free.

Send her back.

Old 08-28-2011, 08:05 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,383,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadKittehs View Post

Mrs. Vizguerra has been here 14 years yet has never bothered to learn English (I have seen her interviewed on the news and she had to have an interpreter.) She states she pays taxes on her business and her jobs, but how did she get a business license if she is undocumented? Whose tax id number and SSN is she using? I wonder how many of her 12 employees are also illegals?

She has 3 anchor babies. The three "low-paying jobs" she holds are jobs that are now not available to legal citizens. She was arrested in the first place for driving without a license in an unregistered vehicle.

I am sure she is a perfectly nice lady, but she has broken more than one law, and continues to do so with no remorse. She took the chance of being deported when she chose to come here illegally in the first place. If she chooses to break-up her family if she is, in fact, deported, that is also her choice. There is nothing to stop her from taking her husband and anchor babies back to Mexico City with her.

[/LEFT]

Free health care in Mexico. Sounds to me like it's time to go and take advantage of her homeland...which she also failed to support.

Old 08-28-2011, 08:07 PM

3,847 posts, read 3,162,024 times
She should have her assets seized and forfeited to help pay for deportation costs.

Old 08-28-2011, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
She should have her assets seized and forfeited to help pay for deportation costs.

Exactly! Want to live in the US? When we make money illegally it is confiscated!

Old 08-28-2011, 08:35 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,005,489 times
[x] created 12 jobs

Old 08-28-2011, 08:46 PM

18,563 posts, read 15,774,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadKittehs View Post

[/LEFT]
She wont be deported.

Old 08-28-2011, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
[x] created 12 jobs

Your point? If she is working 3 jobs... what kind of jobs did she create?

Last edited by Isitmeorarethingsnuts?; 08-28-2011 at 08:58 PM.. Reason: Additional point

Old 08-28-2011, 09:10 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
[x] created 12 jobs

If she does employ 12, and that's a big IF, I bet they're all here illegally, and haven’t paid a dime in taxes. I’m sure the drug cartels create even more jobs. So what? This woman is a criminal, and should be treated accordingly. She certainly wouldn’t qualify for Obama’s “no crime other than illegal entry” reprieve. But, watch, she’ll be allowed to stay. After all, she has three anchors, and it would be inhumane to separate her family. Never mind the fact that her children can leave with her.

As Isitmeorarethingsnuts? said, why would she even need to work 3 jobs if she can afford to employ 12?

Old 08-28-2011, 09:18 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,005,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
Your point? If she is working 3 jobs... what kind of jobs did she create?
Not sure what you're asking. You guys have trouble fathoming how the employment of an individual in a labor job benefits the economy for some reason, but surely you understand how creating jobs produces capital.

You will alternately pretend that your arguments turn on different issues depending on which one is ruined by the case at hand. Woman creates 12 jobs = SHE IS A CRIMINAL THOUGH!! Person gets a labor job = THEY ARE TAKING OUR JOBS AND STEALING OUR WELFAREZ!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration