U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-01-2011, 12:04 AM
 
841 posts, read 789,787 times
Reputation: 186

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Do you think these laws are cruel?

If not what are other alternatives?
Not cruel at all, how would a country deport illegals without these measures. Those that are pro illegal can say any crazy thing they want, that doesn't mean we should listen to what they say or act on it, the question is ridiculous isn't it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-01-2011, 03:34 AM
Yac
 
5,874 posts, read 6,290,826 times
Back on topic folks, please. Also, remember that while you might have completely different ideas, it's not a reason to be disrespectful.
Yac.
__________________
Forum Rules
City-Data.com homepage
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-01-2011, 03:47 AM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,878,727 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
I don't give a **** what you think you "owe" but believe it or not, Americans want to hire whomever they'd like. So you are infringing upon their liberty as well.

I mean, the only reason you might think you "owe" something to citizens is that you think that certain thing is very important to human welfare. But then you turn around and deny it to non-citizens. Whatever.
And you didnt respond to the rest of the post. We as a nation simply do not have the resourses to accomidate immigration to the levels you would like to see. No Nation on earth can.You keep trying to compare illegal immigration to people from 1 state moving to another. You completely ignore that the standard of living between states is comparable. Thats why we dont see mass migrations state to state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-01-2011, 06:58 AM
 
1,569 posts, read 1,005,007 times
Reputation: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
And you didnt respond to the rest of the post. We as a nation simply do not have the resourses to accomidate immigration to the levels you would like to see.
There is no level I would like to see. But um....yes we do. Do you know why? Pretend the world has easily crossable borders. Maybe more people want to come here. If resources here were being depleted (not sure what resources you mean, but I'd like to know), they could be imported from elsewhere. Or, worst case, people would stop coming or even leave until an equilibrium was met. You guys just assume the whole world would want to ship itself to America. They wouldn't be able to, nor would they want to. Mexicans come here because it's relatively cheap and easy. People in the slums of India won't be floating rafts over here anytime soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
No Nation on earth can.You keep trying to compare illegal immigration to people from 1 state moving to another. You completely ignore that the standard of living between states is comparable. Thats why we dont see mass migrations state to state.
I actually already addressed this argument earlier.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-01-2011, 07:18 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,690,207 times
Reputation: 22158
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsicmovies View Post
Not cruel at all, how would a country deport illegals without these measures. Those that are pro illegal can say any crazy thing they want, that doesn't mean we should listen to what they say or act on it, the question is ridiculous isn't it?
Deportations don't have to be cruel at all. Illegals don't mind cruelty when it comes to breaking our laws, they'll come over packed liked sardines in unventilated semi-trailers and train boxcars, they'll pay the cartels good money and end up hiking 8 miles through scorching deserts.

When they're deported however, they ride home in nice airconditioned buses and are given a good meal. There is nothing at all cruel in our deportations, only drama queens who don't know how the deportations are done would claim that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-01-2011, 09:13 AM
 
Location: Jewel Lake (Sagle) Idaho
25,333 posts, read 16,279,731 times
Reputation: 14064
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
...Pretend the world has easily crossable borders. Maybe more people want to come here. If resources here were being depleted (not sure what resources you mean, but I'd like to know), they could be imported from elsewhere....
The resources you are questioning? Number one are the dollars from the American taxpayer. The dollars that go so far to support those criminals that have violated our immigration laws. The dollars that pay for education, welfare, health care and housing for these criminals. I agree that these can be "imported from elsewhere". The governments of foreign countries need to pay equally for every one of their citizens that are in this country illegally. IIRC there are some 12 million illegals in this country, according to some sources. Lets estimate that 75% of those are from Mexico (9 million) and that each year they cost the taxpayer $10,000 each. That works out to $90 billion a year. Send the bill to Calderon, retroactive to when he took office. Now, when Phillipe pays his bill, we can continue this discussion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-01-2011, 09:27 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,144,640 times
Reputation: 2130
It just blows my mind that these open border advocates would rather stuff billions of people into our one country and import natural resources to sustain them rather than encouraging other countries to create jobs and an economy for their own citizens. That way humans are more evely distributed across the planet, less overcrowing and no need to import resources to sustain billions all crammed into just one country.

There would be no more unique cultures which are represented by individual countries now. We will all just be clones of each other or a bunch of squabbling nationalties with culture clashes and chaos. Yeah, that's a "brilliant" plan for the U.S.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-01-2011, 09:40 AM
 
1,574 posts, read 788,760 times
Reputation: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
There would be no more unique cultures which are represented by individual countries now. We will all just be clones of each other or a bunch of squabbling nationalties with culture clashes and chaos. Yeah, that's a "brilliant" plan for the U.S.
True agenda: revealed.

Anyway, this fear is overhyped. There's free movement within the US now and there are still distinct cultures inside the country. You can still act as white as you want (and hey, I dig that, I'm white too and I like to get funky with some Lawrence Welk just like the next guy) even if some Mexicans cross the border.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-01-2011, 03:32 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,878,727 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
There is no level I would like to see. But um....yes we do. Do you know why? Pretend the world has easily crossable borders. Maybe more people want to come here. If resources here were being depleted (not sure what resources you mean, but I'd like to know), they could be imported from elsewhere. Or, worst case, people would stop coming or even leave until an equilibrium was met. You guys just assume the whole world would want to ship itself to America. They wouldn't be able to, nor would they want to. Mexicans come here because it's relatively cheap and easy. People in the slums of India won't be floating rafts over here anytime soon.



I actually already addressed this argument earlier.
Many would want to come here. Go to another country. Visit our embassy mon thru fri. What you will see is a line of people stretching for blocks. All to have thier interview.
Now pretend changed our standards to allow all who dont have a criminal record.
Mexico alone would see tens of thousands or even more flooding across our border. Why? in fear the policy might change before they got here.
Now we have X amount of people and Y amount of housing and Z amount of social services.
Add to this not enough classrooms to facilitate all the children.
Not enough medical staff to facilitate the increase burdon.
How long does it take to build a school? A hospital? What about increased pressure on the other infra structure? Will the current roads be able to handle increased traffic? Doubtful.
Resourses are all part of what I mentioned. Schools hospitals, roads, fuel for the additional drivers,fuel for the additional homes and schools. Add to this we would need to expand gov services to accomidate these people.
And all before we saw an increase in revenue.
Revenue. Most these immigrants will be low and non-skilled meaning minimum wage earners. Meaning they effectively pay 0 fed income tax.
So who will foot the bill? The middleclass.
Resourses like fuel we are already importing. Will we be able to feed 10, 20 or 50 million people on short notice? I doubt it.
You say it will level itself out but not before the damage is done. wages will be supressed cost of living will increase. We already have 9% unemployment. How do we find work if we increase our population by 10% in so short a time? We wont. This is reality. In my area we have the natural gas drillers flooding in. Rent increased from an avg of 500 a month to 900 a month. Not enough resturants, class rooms are becoming crowded and for sure not enough law enforcement. And this is on a small scale compared to what you propose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top