U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-30-2011, 08:45 AM
 
Location: #
9,605 posts, read 14,273,941 times
Reputation: 6260

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
You seem to be making assertions about a proposed law, which you believe would allow police to pull your wife over for nothing other than being what you claim, Mexican-American. Your claims are nothing but tired rhetoric, as an officer must have a reason to pull you over to begin with, without that there is no reason to stop (her, you/her). If she violates a traffic law while driving, shouldn't she be pulled over? or is she suppose to be allowed to violate the traffic law because she is Mexican-American? If you are together and you are driving and violating a traffic law, shouldn't you be pulled over? You are aware that the officer does have the ability to ask for ID on all passengers when someone is pulled over, if she has ID, what is the problem?
Every time a Mexican-American or an in-law has voiced concerns over this law, it has been called "tired rhetoric" by a bunch of people who are white and don't have to worry about such issues.

Sorry, but your statement is spoken like someone who just has no clue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-30-2011, 08:47 AM
 
1,569 posts, read 1,005,127 times
Reputation: 111
Was this case actually regarding equal protection claims at all?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-30-2011, 11:32 AM
 
Location: California
2,477 posts, read 1,711,425 times
Reputation: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Every time a Mexican-American or an in-law has voiced concerns over this law, it has been called "tired rhetoric" by a bunch of people who are white and don't have to worry about such issues.

Sorry, but your statement is spoken like someone who just has no clue.
So your argument is "racism" by a bunch of people who are white (Progressive rhetoric). Sorry, your claims are fallacious, as police already have the ability to do just what I stated, which should "clue" you in. They must have a legal reason to stop you to begin with, you must have violated a law for them to stop you, reasonable suspicion comes to mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-30-2011, 12:29 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
So your argument is "racism" by a bunch of people who are white (Progressive rhetoric). Sorry, your claims are fallacious, as police already have the ability to do just what I stated, which should "clue" you in. They must have a legal reason to stop you to begin with, you must have violated a law for them to stop you, reasonable suspicion comes to mind.
Not only that but even if there were a small fraction of cops who might racial profile what does someone here legally have to fear? That is the thing that blows a giant hole in their racial profiling argument.

I see you noted their reference to white people as if only white people are cops and only white people object to illegal immigration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-30-2011, 06:35 PM
 
5,429 posts, read 4,196,407 times
Reputation: 5730
Disgusting. These judges need to be removed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-30-2011, 06:42 PM
 
Location: Richland, Washington
4,070 posts, read 4,964,859 times
Reputation: 2479
Another pro illegal who disregards the very laws they are supposed to be upholding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-30-2011, 06:43 PM
 
1,569 posts, read 1,005,127 times
Reputation: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
Disgusting. These judges need to be removed.
Man, your constitutional arguments must be pretty strong if you're going to make those claims.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-30-2011, 06:44 PM
 
5,429 posts, read 4,196,407 times
Reputation: 5730
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
Man, your constitutional arguments must be pretty strong if you're going to make those claims.
The argument that illegal is illegal is pretty damn strong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-30-2011, 06:57 PM
 
1,574 posts, read 788,884 times
Reputation: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
The argument that illegal is illegal is pretty damn strong.
No, it's not. Judges are supposed to examine the content of laws, not just say "well this IS in fact the law". The purpose here is to function as a check on the legislature.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-30-2011, 07:00 PM
 
1,569 posts, read 1,005,127 times
Reputation: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
The argument that illegal is illegal is pretty damn strong.
So you mean how like it's "illegal" for states to usurp federal power on immigration policy? That is a good point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top