U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-01-2011, 04:10 PM

250 posts, read 265,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
That was the point. Why do many Mexicans want part of the U.S.back that shortly belonged to them (but were paid millions for) and not want any of those other countries back? Hint....they want the wealth of this country, not the dirt on the ground.
There is no movement originating from Mexico to invade and take those territories back. Mexico is filled with other problems, failed politicians, corruption, drug wars to be worried about land that was lost in the past.

I think we can be more than sure than an invasion by force is out of the question, the Mexican population is not armed, and the Mexican army is a tiny fraction of the US forces. So the only possible support for this idea is what you mention as a "takeover by births". Do you think this "takeover" is a planned movement by a mass of people or a migration movement motivated by individualistic reasons?

There needs to be a motivation for the people to align behind a particular cause, this "reconquista" cause provides no benefit to any group of Mexicans.

Old 09-01-2011, 04:16 PM

17,745 posts, read 7,594,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowsky View Post
There is no movement originating from Mexico to invade and take those territories back. Mexico is filled with other problems, failed politicians, corruption, drug wars to be worried about land that was lost in the past.

I think we can be more than sure than an invasion by force is out of the question, the Mexican population is not armed, and the Mexican army is a tiny fraction of the US forces. So the only possible support for this idea is what you mention as a "takeover by births". Do you think this "takeover" is a planned movement by a mass of people or a migration movement motivated by individualistic reasons?

There needs to be a motivation for the people to align behind a particular cause, this "reconquista" cause provides no benefit to any group of Mexicans.
That's what I said too. Most Mexicans come here for a multitude of reasons, one of them NOT being to re-take the Southwest. Just because someone living in their mom's basement blogged about taking over the Southwest does not make it fact. It's just a few people's wet dream, because that is not on most Mexicans' mind.

Old 09-01-2011, 08:00 PM

14,307 posts, read 5,680,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
That's what I said too. Most Mexicans come here for a multitude of reasons, one of them NOT being to re-take the Southwest. Just because someone living in their mom's basement blogged about taking over the Southwest does not make it fact. It's just a few people's wet dream, because that is not on most Mexicans' mind.
Disagree, there is much evidence that it is more than a few Mexican's wet dreams both within our country and in Mexico. It is mostly a Chicano's dream but illegals are their little foot soldiers to help them achieve this dream. They know if they produce enough babies on our soil that it will be an automatic takeover. They lack the cajones to fight us in a real war so this is their method of conquering. Kind of a coward's way if you ask me.

Old 09-01-2011, 08:17 PM

19,479 posts, read 10,252,173 times
As if they would be anything but an annoyance.

Old 09-01-2011, 09:29 PM

1,421 posts, read 611,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Disagree, there is much evidence that it is more than a few Mexican's wet dreams both within our country and in Mexico. It is mostly a Chicano's dream but illegals are their little foot soldiers to help them achieve this dream. They know if they produce enough babies on our soil that it will be an automatic takeover. They lack the cajones to fight us in a real war so this is their method of conquering. Kind of a coward's way if you ask me.
Aint gonna happen cause the Hispanic birthrate is crashing down.

Hispanic birthrate dips in Arizona

"Hispanic women in Arizona are having children at a significantly lower rate than in past decades, which could slow overall population growth if the trend continues, according to new state and federal data."

Old 09-02-2011, 04:52 AM

2,207 posts, read 1,237,585 times
Gee, birthrate slows down as the screws tighten to get rid of illegals sucking this Country dry. Maybe, just MAYBE they are getting the point that you have to care for your own children if you have them, not depend on others. My opinion.

Old 09-02-2011, 07:07 AM

9,122 posts, read 3,194,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post

"Hispanic women in Arizona are having children at a significantly lower rate than in past decades, which could slow overall population growth if the trend continues, according to new state and federal data."
That doesn't matter.

As long as there is an incentive for them to come here with back door amnesty, their number will constantly grow.

Old 09-02-2011, 07:38 AM

47,586 posts, read 32,343,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post

But it's not dipping in California, Texas and other states. They're still pouring over the border to give birth and then collect their food stamps, WIC, and other handouts.

They just aren't going to Arizona to give birth.

Old 09-02-2011, 07:40 AM

47,586 posts, read 32,343,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
But they take it in other ways. They insist on all their services be provided for them in their own language, they continue giving their true allegience to their own country, and they cram pack the maternity units of our hospitals and our welfare offices.

They aren't going to form armies to take over, they're doing so through other means.

Old 09-02-2011, 07:41 AM

14,307 posts, read 5,680,432 times
From the article:

"Census reports show the national birthrate for Hispanic women had been lower than in Arizona but was drifting higher near the end of the past decade even as Arizona's birthrate was likely flat or falling".

In otherwords the decline in births from Hispanic women is only pertinent to Arizona. For the rest of the nation it is getting higher. I wouldn't be surprised if the decline in Arizona is due to laws such as sb1070. I don't have the stats readily available but I would be willing to bet that their birthrates are increasing here in Calif. since Calif. isn't implementing strong illegal immigration laws.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.