U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 04:46 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,020,887 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
Why duplicate (another line) whats already there? Many were in the line to begin with, they simply got tired of waiting and chose to get out of it, why accommodate them further?
Define this "line" and its mechanism (is it a FIFO queue?). Whom is now in this "line"? What is holding them in this line", and why?

Explain whom you are saying were qualified to legally immigrate, and why they chose a route that would not provide them any immigration status at all...

Old 08-31-2011, 04:53 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,168,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Define this "line" and its mechanism (is it a FIFO queue?). Whom is now in this "line"? What is holding them in this line", and why?

Explain whom you are saying were qualified to legally immigrate, and why they chose a route that would not provide them any immigration status at all...
Oh come on now. You know what Liquid is saying. There are those waitingin their homeland and have filed papers to come here legally and are within our annual quotas (the line). There are those who chose not to apply to come here legally because either they don't want to wait (the line) or because they know they won't qualify (illegal aliens).

Old 08-31-2011, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
They are already in the workforce. If its okay for you to call my proposals amnesty( you have freedom of speech), then i have the right to state my opinion that majority of posters here are anti-immigrant. No?
I said amnesty or legalization whatever you want to call it that allows them to remain here. There is no comparison to calling those of us who are simply anti-illegal immigration and calling us anti-immigrant. They are two different groups.

Yes, they are already in the workforce holding a job that American should have instead. If they are removed instead of giving them a legal right to remain here they will still be holding a job that an American needs. Citizens first!

Old 08-31-2011, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
But if it was made into a process just like what legal immigrants follow, would that be more digestible?...
No, because they violated our immigration laws in the first place and should be deported instead. Not digestible at all. We don't need them here anyway. They are excess foreigners that don't fall within our annual quotas for legal immigration. Why should we change our quotas to accomodate them especially with millions of Americans out of work?

Old 08-31-2011, 05:22 PM

2,206 posts, read 2,141,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
But she was in custody. The prisoners taken to the hospital are treated the exact same way. That includes those awaiting trial but couldnt post bail.
Exactly the outrage of this article! Even more so because she was able to sue OUR government!

Go the bleep home. Period!

Old 08-31-2011, 05:23 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,917,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
Exactly the outrage of this article! Even more so because she was able to sue OUR government!

Go the bleep home. Period!
More to the point why would I give charity to someone after I caught them trying to pick my pocket?????

Old 08-31-2011, 05:24 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,007,032 times
I like how you guys think that non-citizens should just have zero rights. ****ing monsters, seriously.

Old 08-31-2011, 05:31 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,917,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
I like how you guys think that non-citizens should just have zero rights. ****ing monsters, seriously.
Well I hope your not talking about me. I have already stated that illegals have rights.

Old 08-31-2011, 05:31 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,020,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Oh come on now. You know what Liquid is saying. There are those waitingin their homeland and have filed papers to come here legally and are within our annual quotas (the line). There are those who chose not to apply to come here legally because either they don't want to wait (the line) or because they know they won't qualify (illegal aliens).
Within our "quotas" for what kind of visa? What are the "filed papers" that qualify them? I think it just going to be easier for you to say at this point that you don't have a freakin' clue how our immigration system works.

Why are you proactively calling those that don't qualify to immigrate as "illegal aliens"? Someone is also going to get tired of the "line", to instead come here illegally, with a more rare, long range plan at possibly getting legal residency, and then citizenship? There seems to be a lack of understanding very fundamental concepts in the process here.

Stated again, two-thirds of immigrants come here by a relationship to a U.S citizen. Two-thirds of those becoming Legal Permanent Residents each year are already present in the United States, usually adjusting their status from non-immigrant visas. Your flowchart doesn't account in any way for the majority of legal immigrants.

Old 08-31-2011, 05:35 PM

4,828 posts, read 6,799,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I said amnesty or legalization whatever you want to call it that allows them to remain here. There is no comparison to calling those of us who are simply anti-illegal immigration and calling us anti-immigrant. They are two different groups.

Yes, they are already in the workforce holding a job that American should have instead. If they are removed instead of giving them a legal right to remain here they will still be holding a job that an American needs. Citizens first!
You are not grounded in reality if you think that somehow removing 12 million people from the workforce is going to be a good thing for the economy.

Quote:
After enacting House Bill 87, a law designed to drive illegal immigrants out of Georgia, state officials appear shocked to discover that HB 87 is, well, driving a lot of illegal immigrants out of Georgia.
It might be funny if it wasn’t so sad.
Thanks to the resulting labor shortage, Georgia farmers have been forced to leave millions of dollars’ worth of blueberries, onions, melons and other crops unharvested and rotting in the fields. It has also put state officials into something of a panic at the damage they’ve done to Georgia’s largest industry
Georgia’s New Immigration Law Leading To Crops Rotting In Farmers’ Fields

Hey, according to you this is not suppose to happen right? American citizens should have been filling those jobs right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or