U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 05:38 PM

2,206 posts, read 2,140,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
You are not grounded in reality if you think that somehow removing 12 million people from the workforce is going to be a good thing for the economy.

Georgia’s New Immigration Law Leading To Crops Rotting In Farmers’ Fields

Hey, according to you this is not suppose to happen right? American citizens should have been filling those jobs right?
Then guess what? We all eat a little less lettuce. Let those who tangled themselves with illegal aliens cheap labor get themselves out of it.

Old 08-31-2011, 05:40 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,006,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
Then guess what? We all eat a little less lettuce. Let those who tangled themselves with illegal aliens cheap labor get themselves out of it.
Thank God we have people like you to tell us who we can or cannot employ.

Old 08-31-2011, 05:42 PM

Again mssing the point, another veer off topic. No illegal alien should have any rights in our court system, especially awarded funds.

Old 08-31-2011, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
Thank God we have people like you to tell us who we can or cannot employ.
As a farm owner, I totally agree. You?

Old 08-31-2011, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
Again mssing the point, another veer off topic. No illegal alien should have any rights in our court system, especially awarded funds.
Oh yeah? So if some foreign national injures you and flees to their country, you shouldn't have standing to sue in that jurisdiction, right?

Old 08-31-2011, 06:28 PM

2,477 posts, read 1,714,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
Oh, the old discredited, disingenuous "get in the line" gambit.

OK, let's play your game. What if instead we just made "the line" much easier to ACTUALLY GET INTO and made it much faster to go through?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01
I am 100% for stream lining the process and speeding it up. I am not for lowering standards.
Agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMmuesum
Define this "line" and its mechanism (is it a FIFO queue?).
You already defined it a process just like what legal immigrants follow

Old 08-31-2011, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Oh yeah? So if some foreign national injures you and flees to their country, you shouldn't have standing to sue in that jurisdiction, right?
Is the foreign nation going to extradite this individual or is that foreign nation going to laugh (scoff) at the lawsuit of one of its persons. How are you going to make this individual return to the US for the court hearing and/or lawsuit? Is the other nation going to allow you to sue that individual in that nation for injuries sustained while here?

Old 08-31-2011, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
Is the foreign nation going to extradite this individual or is that foreign nation going to laugh (scoff) at the lawsuit of one of its persons. How are you going to make this individual return to the US for the court hearing and/or lawsuit? Is the other nation going to allow you to sue that individual in that nation for injuries sustained while here?
I don't know if you're seriously asking these questions or not, but none of them are actually relevant to my (rhetorical) question. There are various reasons that you might lack standing. A total lack of rights because you are not a legal citizen is not one of them.

Old 08-31-2011, 06:44 PM

Quote:
I don't know if you're seriously asking these questions or not, but none of them are actually relevant to my (rhetorical) question. There are various reasons that you might lack standing. A total lack of rights because you are not a legal citizen is not one of them.
I was merely asking questions based on your comment, if some foreign national injures you and flees to their country, you shouldn't have standing to sue in that jurisdiction, right? The simple answer to your question is they can attempt to sue, but the likeliness of it going anywhere is at best laughable.

I've said before, while illegal aliens are here they do have limited rights, you do have the ability to sue them here or in their nation, but the chance of getting them to return or have them extradited on a damages lawsuit is pretty much nill.

Old 08-31-2011, 06:52 PM

Quote:
I was merely asking questions based on your comment, if some foreign national injures you and flees to their country, you shouldn't have standing to sue in that jurisdiction, right? The simple answer to your question is they can attempt to sue, but the likeliness of it going anywhere is at best laughable.
Actually not only is that a positive answer to my normative question and thus not an answer at all, it's wrong.

Quote:
I've said before, while illegal aliens are here they do have limited rights, you do have the ability to sue them here or in their nation, but the chance of getting them to return or have them extradited on a damages lawsuit is pretty much nill.
You know, you're probably sitting on enough knowledge to know that the people you're siding with have no ****ing clue what the relevant legal issues here are. Do you actually believe this woman shouldn't be able to sue in this position?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or