Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 09:45 AM

2,205 posts, read 2,536,167 times

Advertisements

Woman shackled during labor awarded damages from deputies.

For WHAT?????

Quote:
Villegas, 35, was unshackled shortly before delivery, and her baby boy was born without complications, but she was shackled again shortly afterward. One leg was attached to the bed when she was lying down. Her legs were shackled together when she got up to use the bathroom. And deputies refused to allow her to use a breast pump after giving birth, causing her pain and illness.

Woman shackled during labor awarded damages from deputies - USATODAY.com

This Country has gone completely insane.

Old 08-31-2011, 09:52 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,219,329 times
Why make this about illegals?
This happens in Lakawana county Pa to non-illegal inmates.

Old 08-31-2011, 10:19 AM

1,574 posts, read 1,019,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
Yes, using shackles on a woman in labor accused of minor traffic violations certainly does seem insane.

Old 08-31-2011, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Why make this about illegals?
This happens in Lakawana county Pa to non-illegal inmates.
SHE made this about illegals as she is an illegal alien and was treated appropriately for her crime. When a health issue arose, it was dealt with accordingly.

So, because she was detained, shackled like as you would say like any other criminal, she should be awarded monies?

Thats just crazy.

And to add, she shouldn't be in OUR court systems at ALL let alone awarded anything. Her AND her baby should be booted BACK to whence she came! (Don't give me the crap about her child now being an American citizen, highly disputed as well as hopefully rectified soon)

Last edited by getout; 08-31-2011 at 10:34 AM.. Reason: addition

Old 08-31-2011, 10:48 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,474,269 times
Well her baby is a natural born citizen and that's never going to be "rectified". Ever. Sorry.

Old 08-31-2011, 10:52 AM

Quote:
(Don't give me the crap about her child now being an American citizen, highly disputed as well as hopefully rectified soon)
Yeah, "disputed" by people who can't understand simple concepts like "the law."

What, exactly, needs to be rectified?

Old 08-31-2011, 10:56 AM

Read the countless articles in "here" to enlighten yourself about the law, (constituion) not your interpretation.

To STAY ON TOPIC: It's an outrage that her case was ever heard in an American court, for the jurors not to know she was here ILLEGALLY, so I am sure they just thought it excessive for a traffic violation whereas her crime was much more than that, and to award her monies. I can bet they are kicking themselves in the butt after learning ALL the facts.

Old 08-31-2011, 10:56 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
Yes, using shackles on a woman in labor accused of minor traffic violations certainly does seem insane.
When you are detained and/or arrested by the police and deemed a flight risk, this is standard procedure so you don't make a run for it

Old 08-31-2011, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Read the countless articles in "here" to enlighten yourself about the law, (constituion) not your interpretation.
All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside.

What have I mis-interpreted there? What has the supreme court mis-interpreted?

Quote:
To STAY ON TOPIC: It's an outrage that her case was ever heard in an American court, for the jurors not to know she was here ILLEGALLY, so I am sure they just thought it excessive for a traffic violation whereas her crime was much more than that, and to award her monies. I can bet they are kicking themselves in the butt after learning ALL the facts.
I hate to break this to you but even if someone is in the country illegally they are still human beings and still have rights. I know the fact that you can't just shoot illegals on sight for entertainment just makes you FURIOUS but that's the actual law.

Old 08-31-2011, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside.

What have I mis-interpreted there? What has the supreme court mis-interpreted?

I hate to break this to you but even if someone is in the country illegally they are still human beings and still have rights. I know the fact that you can't just shoot illegals on sight for entertainment just makes you FURIOUS but that's the actual law.
Um, hello, redirect to other threads dealing exclusively on the topic you chose to derail this thread. Called "Search" look up Constitution, READ, really hard, decipher truth from fiction. Answer in those threads.

And How DARE YOU state I want human beings shot for entertainment? Whats WRONG with you? Oh, delusional, sorry! and reported.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration