U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 11:59 AM

10,032 posts, read 6,903,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
Wow, like I haven't heard this witty retort before.

If you legalize robbery and murder, the PROBLEM (people's stuff disappearing and people getting killed) still exists.

If you legalize immigration the PROBLEM (people being here illegally) DISAPPEARS.

I don't know about you, but I'd consider that to be a pretty significant difference.

The issue is not just their immigration status. The issue is that we don't have the infrastructure to support billions of needy people who don't want to live in their own country. Legalizing illegals doesn't make their issues go away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2011, 12:00 PM

Quote:
So then, the same proposition: unlimited immigration with immigrant-funded background and health screening, and agreement they won't access welfare. This addresses ALL of your (stated) concerns. Will you support it? A simple yes or no will do here.

No

Old 09-02-2011, 12:06 PM

9,243 posts, read 7,138,597 times
Quote:
I don't support "illegal aliens". I support freedom for human beings.
What freedom?

Are you suggesting a lawless society?

Old 09-02-2011, 12:07 PM

3,493 posts, read 2,398,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
The issue is not just their immigration status. The issue is that we don't have the infrastructure to support billions of needy people who don't want to live in their own country. Legalizing illegals doesn't make their issues go away.
It makes it worse by allowing them access to our welfare system.

But what do you expect from someone who is reduced to using the third grade taunt, "mind your own business!" Yeah. That's a convincing argument.

9,243 posts, read 7,138,597 times
Quote:
Wow, like I haven't heard this witty retort before.

If you legalize robbery and murder, the PROBLEM (people's stuff disappearing and people getting killed) still exists.

If you legalize immigration the PROBLEM (people being here illegally) DISAPPEARS.

I don't know about you, but I'd consider that to be a pretty significant difference.
Why encourage bad behavior?

Quote:
I don't support "illegal aliens". I support freedom for human beings.

That's very touching. This is fine though. Let them be free- in their country of origin.

Why do you feel that the USA has an obligation to the rest of the world?

Old 09-02-2011, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
It makes it worse by allowing them access to our welfare system.

But what do you expect from someone who is reduced to using the third grade taunt, "mind your own business!" Yeah. That's a convincing argument.

Of course it does but that's only the tip of the ice berg.

Jobs
Housing
Roads
Schools
Hospitals
Food
Water

These are not infinite resources.

Old 09-02-2011, 12:12 PM

6,456 posts, read 9,570,698 times
Quote:

Are you really that oblivious to your own statements? Do you not see further than your own nose?

Old 09-02-2011, 12:14 PM

Quote:
So then, the same proposition: unlimited immigration with immigrant-funded background and health screening, and agreement they won't access welfare. This addresses ALL of your (stated) concerns. Will you support it? A simple yes or no will do here.
Are you so naive that you believe they would actually follow all of this, particularly the agreement not to accept welfare? Is so, I have some beachfront property in Idaho I'd like to sell you.

Old 09-02-2011, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
I think someone's an illegal or closely related to a few. Or just stupid.

Ooh! Ooh! I know! I know!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or