U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2011, 12:21 PM

1,574 posts, read 795,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Are you suggesting a lawless society?
No.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2011, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
No
Why not? That plan addresses concerns about:

* terrorists
* criminals
* disease
* "draining our coffers"

so what's the problem, exactly?

Old 09-02-2011, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Of course it does but that's only the tip of the ice berg.

Jobs
Housing
Roads
Schools
Hospitals
Food
Water

These are not infinite resources.
Yes, immigrants would still have to pay for housing. They'd still pay gas taxes and property taxes that fund roads and schools. They'd have to buy food and water.

Competition for jobs is going to exist whether they come or not. And there's not a finite supply of jobs.

Old 09-02-2011, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post
Are you really that oblivious to your own statements? Do you not see further than your own nose?
I'm pointing out that the STATED objection "it's THE LAW" is meaningless. There's clearly another, deeper motive. But people are reluctant to come out and say it.

Why is that?

Old 09-02-2011, 12:27 PM

9,243 posts, read 7,145,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
Yes, immigrants would still have to pay for housing. They'd still pay gas taxes and property taxes that fund roads and schools. They'd have to buy food and water.

Competition for jobs is going to exist whether they come or not. And there's not a finite supply of jobs.
Illegals push wages down which is bad.

They do not speak English.

We don't need them & they should not be here.

Old 09-02-2011, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post
Are you so naive that you believe they would actually follow all of this, particularly the agreement not to accept welfare? Is so, I have some beachfront property in Idaho I'd like to sell you.
If they're here legally, it will be much harder for them to engage in welfare fraud. Impossible? no. But certainly harder.

Old 09-02-2011, 12:29 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,114,845 times
Quote:
So make them legal. Problem solved.
So let me get this straight, you're in favor of awarding legal status to those who knowingly took it upon themselves to break the law and violate the sovereignty of a nation? Really? I'm not.

Even moreso, I oppose awarding monies to the off springs of law breakers when the children of United States Citizens - like mine own - are struggling to get through college. If anything, I'ld favor enacting laws which would force illegals to restitute the state all monies which they fraudulently benefited from.

Enough is enough!

Last edited by chacho_keva; 09-02-2011 at 01:02 PM..

Old 09-02-2011, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Illegals push wages down which is bad.
Well poor citizens push wages down, too. Should we get rid of them? Clearly there are some people who want to do this (look at all the people who want anchor babies (who are citizens) "deported").

Old 09-02-2011, 12:37 PM

10,032 posts, read 6,909,021 times
Quote:
Why not? That plan addresses concerns about:

* terrorists
* criminals
* disease
* "draining our coffers"

so what's the problem, exactly?

Quote:
Of course it does but that's only the tip of the ice berg.

Jobs
Housing
Roads
Schools
Hospitals
Food
Water

These are not infinite resources.
Pay attention....

Old 09-02-2011, 12:40 PM

9,243 posts, read 7,145,002 times
Quote:
Well poor citizens push wages down, too. Should we get rid of them? Clearly there are some people who want to do this (look at all the people who want anchor babies (who are citizens) "deported").
No they do not.

We have unions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or