Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2011, 08:22 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,570,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
Or parts of Mexico will do a Texas or Guatemala an try to become USA states. Word has it that Nuevo Leon, etc. aint happy with Calderon.
Yes, what the people of Texas, once part of Mexico did was admirable. They didn't want to be part of Mexico any more so they fought for their independence from it and later joined the USA.

That's the proper way of joining the USA, sneaking through sewer tunnels and breaking our laws is not.

If so many Mexicans really want to belong to the USA instead of to their own country, let them man up and do it the right way. The Texas (and Tejano) way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2011, 08:27 AM

1,569 posts, read 1,208,135 times
lol. Proper way of joining US = war. Noted.

Old 09-03-2011, 08:36 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,570,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
lol. Proper way of joining US = war. Noted.
It doesn't have to be a war but it often requires one. It requires severing their own nation's ties and jurisdiction over them. That's between them and their own government however.

It certainly requires some honor, decency, and bravery.

Old 09-03-2011, 10:04 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,184,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
It doesn't have to be a war but it often requires one. It requires severing their own nation's ties and jurisdiction over them. That's between them and their own government however.

It certainly requires some honor, decency, and bravery.
Normally not traits found in the character of criminals.

Old 01-03-2012, 10:40 AM

3,951 posts, read 7,181,649 times
All I can say is that I deeply admire Susana Martinez! I think I could kiss the woman's feet.:-)

Old 01-03-2012, 06:54 PM

313 posts, read 329,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
NO USA drivers licenses for ILLEHAL aliens. They have NO right to be here xcept in jail waitin to be deported.
Why so much angst? I agree they shouldn't have drivers licenses save for the ones who are trying in this country. Hey, down in Albuquerque we have Mexican Americans who have them but still cause traffic violations and traffic drugs.

I think there should be a swap.

Old 01-03-2012, 06:56 PM

313 posts, read 329,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Yes, what the people of Texas, once part of Mexico did was admirable. They didn't want to be part of Mexico any more so they fought for their independence from it and later joined the USA.

That's the proper way of joining the USA, sneaking through sewer tunnels and breaking our laws is not.

If so many Mexicans really want to belong to the USA instead of to their own country, let them man up and do it the right way. The Texas (and Tejano) way.
So killing people is the proper way of becoming an American?

Old 01-04-2012, 12:55 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,867,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvocatusCenturion View Post
Why so much angst? I agree they shouldn't have drivers licenses save for the ones who are trying in this country. Hey, down in Albuquerque we have Mexican Americans who have them but still cause traffic violations and traffic drugs.

I think there should be a swap.
How about NO US driver's licenses for illegal aliens. I don't see the point of rewarding lawbreakers.

Old 02-15-2012, 07:56 PM

3,951 posts, read 7,181,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
How about NO US driver's licenses for illegal aliens. I don't see the point of rewarding lawbreakers.
I'm with you there!

Old 02-16-2012, 03:00 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,770,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
So if they don't have licenses, complain about them driving without licenses, engaging in document fraud, using identification documents issued by other governments, etc...

If they DO have licenses, complain about them... having licenses.

I'm not seeing how this fits into the standard narrative of them "stealing" from americans. Is there a shortage of driver's licenses? Are we going to have to tap the strategic driver's license reserves again?
How about "stealing" votes? It's a form of identification. For one thing, you can register to vote in a few states when applying for a driver's license or obtaining a voter registration card by providing a driver's license.

How many times have you been asked to actually provide a hard copy of your social security card, as opposed to being asked what your SS number is? When filling out a form they just drop a number in because there is no link in the system to verify if the SS number belongs to a person or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration