Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2011, 10:43 AM

3,484 posts, read 2,870,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
How do people think remittances to Mexico can be way up? Doesn't anyone wonder how illegals can come over here and take the very lowest paying jobs, have much larger numbers of children than Americans have, and still have hundreds of dollars to send out of the country, billions of dollars every month?

Americans are hurting, no job creation in August but Obama and his administration are doing all they can to entice illegals to move on over.

No one moves to an area with over 9% unemployment rates from an area with 5% or so unemployment if they are really wanting jobs. It's the government handouts more than anything that attract.
Quote:
We are not like Mexico and the Central American nations trying to pawn off our poor classes onto other countries.

The foreign poor belong to their own countries, our poor belong to us.
Quote:
And if you would only allow unlimited numbers of homeless types into your home, they would belong to your household in the same sense.
Quote:
Our American poor belong to us as a nation, I never said they all belong in my own house.

You really ought to go after the people of the sending nations. Why are they ridding their nations of their poor classes?

If Mexico doesn't want it's illegals, why should we?
Quote:
You aren't making much sense.

It would be true of everything - legalize tax evasion, then not paying taxes wouldn't be a crime, legalize slavery, then owing slaves wouldn't be against the law, legalize embezzlement, legalize extorsion. Legalize dead beat fathers, then they wouldn't be evading the laws.

Granting amnesty to a group of non-English speaking high school drop outs isn't magically going to turn them into taxpayers or productive citizens. It never ceases to amaze me that some people have the nerve to argue that Americans are supposed to bend just about all our laws solely to serve the economic needs of Latin America's underclass.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2011, 11:15 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,658,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
Wait a second.

Obama did not grant amnesty to 300,000, what he did was to halt deportations of 300,000 illegal aliens pending individual reviews.

Not that I don't think that stinks (pardon the double negative) since if we know they are here illegally I think we need to toss them out - period. No "review" necessry.

I'm not disagreeing with the thrust of your argument, just being picky about the details of calling case-by-case review the same thing as amnesty.
He didn't just tell them they aren't going to be deported, he's giving out 300,000 work permits which is amnesty, those work permits entitle them to take jobs in the USA. And by telling them not to worry about being deported, he's achieved an amnesty for them. No penalties, no punishment, no deportation back to the homeland.

Other illegals are now asking their leaders if they should turn themselves in so that they too can be given work permits. Their leaders aren't sure yet if more than 300,000 work permits will be handed out so are telling them to hold off on that.

Old 09-04-2011, 01:16 PM

3,078 posts, read 4,372,773 times
I disagree that Obama (as if it were him personally) has handed out 300,000 work permit to illegal aliens.

Here is the most neutral news source I could find on the subject.
Quote:
Napolitano said the Obama administration has frequently pointed out "it makes no sense to expend our enforcement resources on low-priority cases, such as individuals... who were brought into this country as young children and know no other home."

Officials say immigration court dockets are clogged, putting public safety in jeopardy, costing money, resources and time. They want to see DHS enforcement resources diverted from illegal immigrants who don't have criminal records to individuals who pose a threat to public safety and national security.

A senior administration official, who requested anonymity because details of the policy change had not yet been announced, told reporters 79% of deportations involve people without a criminal record -- people who have just entered the country illegally or had been previously deported and re-entered.
Administration says it will conduct case-by-case review on deportation - CNN

Now really I'd like see them all gone, but if it's a matter of our overloaded court system getting involved, I'd also like to see a number over 90 % for deportations involving illegals with criminal records (such as drug traficking, robbery etc.)

And while we're on the subject I have to say if any group of illegal aliens should have a shot at becoming US citizens, I'd put the ones who have voluntarily joined the miltary near the top of the list.

Old 09-04-2011, 01:32 PM

884 posts, read 715,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
But you guys, ya see, those arguments apply equally to all poor people. We'd DEFINITELY be better off if there were just straight up less of them.

So right now you're pretending that your concern is their level of education etc. etc. etc. But the argument will, without fail, carry on like so:

Us: "If they are legalized they will no longer be illegal."
You: "But they are poor and uneducated."
Us: "So are the poor people here, do you have a problem with them?"
You: "They have a right to be here."
Us: "But if we legalized illegals, they'd have a right to be here, too."
You: "I SAID THEY ARE ****ING POOR!!!!1"
The answer is very simple. Why don't you take in all the illegals, we will let you feed, clothe, shelter them all. How can you tell everyone else to give up more of his or her income because you want another 20 million on the welfare dole? Do I have a problem with American's on the welfare dole too? Yes, for those that can work and just won't (lazy) I despise them all. If one is needing help because of medical, lose of job etc, I got their back.

Old 09-04-2011, 03:33 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,310,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
I disagree that Obama (as if it were him personally) has handed out 300,000 work permit to illegal aliens.

Here is the most neutral news source I could find on the subject.

Administration says it will conduct case-by-case review on deportation - CNN

Now really I'd like see them all gone, but if it's a matter of our overloaded court system getting involved, I'd also like to see a number over 90 % for deportations involving illegals with criminal records (such as drug traficking, robbery etc.)

And while we're on the subject I have to say if any group of illegal aliens should have a shot at becoming US citizens, I'd put the ones who have voluntarily joined the miltary near the top of the list.
Illegals can't join the military.

Old 09-04-2011, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvmycountry View Post
The answer is very simple. Why don't you take in all the illegals, we will let you feed, clothe, shelter them all. How can you tell everyone else to give up more of his or her income because you want another 20 million on the welfare dole? Do I have a problem with American's on the welfare dole too? Yes, for those that can work and just won't (lazy) I despise them all. If one is needing help because of medical, lose of job etc, I got their back.
I don't know how many times it has to be repeated in here that we don't have jobs for the illegals that are already here and yet the pro-illegals wants us to import even more and make them legal also?

Old 09-04-2011, 03:36 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,210,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Illegals can't join the military.
They have, and that's obviously who he is talking about.

Old 09-04-2011, 03:39 PM

838 posts, read 921,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I think you pretty much covered it. Without those in Government really giving a damn to what is truly going on with immigration. What an understatement, Both sides have failed us miserably, and shame on them.
Shame on all of us for putting up with this crap.
The only way not to put up with it is to vote in non establishment non globalist candidates. THere is only one running, Ron Paul.

Old 09-04-2011, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsicmovies View Post
The only way not to put up with it is to vote in non establishment non globalist candidates. THere is only one running, Ron Paul.
It is my understanding that Ron Paul is an illegal alien sympathizer just like the rest of them.

Old 09-04-2011, 03:47 PM

838 posts, read 921,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
This surprises me if they know who is receiving these funds why isn't more being done to stop it?
Yes, but it's the government is orchestrating it all, see the 1020 tax book regarding immigrants using illegals in Mexico for tax credits and exemptions. Also, illegals are getting unemployment benefits now and government stated last year that they would not be checking social security numbers due to there being high numbers thus too burdensome. You know that any benefits citizens are getting, illegals will definitely try to get it too, working the system any way they can. They aren't exactly humble.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration