U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 04:10 PM

1,574 posts, read 788,884 times

Advertisements

well now you just have to show that the people that claimed it were in fact illegals. Just showing that people with ITINs claimed it is not in fact enough to conclude that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2011, 04:14 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,574,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
well now you just have to show that the people that claimed it were in fact illegals. Just showing that people with ITINs claimed it is not in fact enough to conclude that.
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Sorry, but millions of illegal aliens have applied for and received an ITIN. Actually, the IRS has realized for years theyíre issuing these numbers to illegals. Clearly, they donít care. Otherwise, they would require proof of legal status, which they do not. The fact that the EITC is disallowed under this tax filing procedure, yet the IRS has issued billions in tax credits, only serves to illustrate the level of ineptitude existing at this agency. Sadly, this is not the first time the IRS has erroneously issued billions in tax credits and refunds to ineligible ďnon-citizenĒ filers, including illegal aliens. Their First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (FTHBC) a few years ago was another debacle exploited by illegals, costing taxpayers millions.

Moreover, according to certain pro-illegals, the ITIN is widely used by illegals, and is a primary source for determining their tax contributions. I'm surprised none have posted on this thread. This, and other fraud, should have been audited years ago. Unfortunately, even prior to this audit, untold millions/billions had already been paid to illegals which will NEVER be recouped. Never underestimate illegal aliens. They are well-versed on how to fleece this nation. Furthermore, illegals arenít afraid of announcing their status to the federal government. In fact, they often flaunt it, as evidenced by their brazen protests outside ICE offices, and sit-ins at the offices of members of Congress. They know nothing will be done.

The Washington Post is as pro-illegal as they come. If this article had no credibility, they wouldnít report it. Actually, I am shocked they did.

General ITIN Information
Do you have any proof of the statement in blue?

And you do realize that the IRS website reinforces what I said don't you?

Old 09-07-2011, 04:18 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
Oh, so now those using the ITIN arenít primarily illegal aliens? In that case, the IRS certainly canít use ITIN filers to determine the tax contributions of illegal aliens, can they? Or, should we assume only those who do not claim the EITC are illegal? Hmmm. . .

Old 09-07-2011, 04:21 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,068,069 times
this one [thread] is good! so informative. thanks guys.

Old 09-07-2011, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
Exactly.

Do you have any proof of the statement in blue?

And you do realize that the IRS website reinforces what I said don't you?
Youíll have to ask one of our pro-illegals for that proof. Itís their assertion, not mine. As for your comments, I posted from the IRS website solely to provide info from the source. Again, it only underscores their level of ineptitude.

Old 09-07-2011, 04:28 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,010,077 times
Quote:
Not if they claimed the EITC using their ITIN, which apparently they did to the tune of over $4 Billion. But then, whatís to be expected? After all, they ignore ALL of our laws, so why should this be an exception?
What is expected is that someone else didn't actually read the report to know it wasn't EITC. The tax credits are lawfully claimed, it isn't "illegal". In fact a base premise of the ITIN is that they wouldn't be ignoring "ALL of our laws".

Old 09-07-2011, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Oh, so now those using the ITIN arenít primarily illegal aliens? In that case, the IRS certainly canít use ITIN filers to determine the tax contributions of illegal aliens, can they? Or, should we assume only those who do not claim the EITC are illegal? Hmmm. . .
If it's true, just please show me the proof.

As someone who came very close to requesting an ITIN for a spouse while living in Europe in order to be able to file my own tax return, I think I have a good understanding of when ITINs are used.

Because it takes a leap of faith for me to comprehend that someone who is here illegally, working illegally, and generally trying to stay away from the long arm of the law would announce their presence to a Federal agency by applying for an ITIN. OK stranger things have happened, and I remember being appalled when major banks courted illegal aliens for mortgage loans.

But so far all I have seen in this article is that the $4.2 bil has been awarded to taxpayers where an ITIN was used on the return. For all we know this is someone who was transferred to the US by his foreign company and the ITIN is for is stay-at-home foreign wife who is here legally.

Benicar I see that you do not understand ITINs yet since you went to the trouble to use red for certain text:

"ITINs are issued regardless of immigration status because both resident and nonresident aliens may have a U.S. filing or reporting requirement under the Internal Revenue Code."

Example 1: resident with ITIN
Foreign company transfers employee to the US. He brings his wife. He has a work visa. She does not. Both are resident aliens. He gets a SS#, she gets and ITIN. They may file jointly.

Example 2: non-resident with ITIN
American is transferred abroad to foreign country. He is married to a non-US citizen who has been authorized to work in the US. As a matter of fact, she has never set foot inthe US. He can only file as 'married filing separately' unless he gets an ITIN # for his spouse, since the IRS will not issue a SS# solely for the purpose of married filers wanting to file joint returns.

NOW do you understand what the phrase "regardless of immigration status" refers to?

Proof please that the $4.2 bil was handed out to illegals!

Last edited by FrugalYankee; 09-07-2011 at 04:37 PM..

Old 09-07-2011, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
What is expected is that someone else didn't actually read the report to know it wasn't EITC. The tax credits are lawfully claimed, it isn't "illegal". In fact a base premise of the ITIN is that they wouldn't be ignoring "ALL of our laws".
According to the Washington Post article, they claimed the EITC by filing using an ITIN, which is FRAUD.

Old 09-07-2011, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
If it's true, just please show me the proof.

As someone who came very close to requesting an ITIN for a spouse while living in Europe in order to be able to file my own tax return, I think I have a good understanding of when ITINs are used.

Because it takes a leap of faith for me to comprehend that someone who is here illegally, working illegally, and generally trying to stay away from the long arm of the law would announce their presence to a Federal agency by applying for an ITIN. OK stranger things have happened, and I remember being appalled when major banks courted illegal aliens for mortgage loans.

But so far all I have seen in this article is that the $4.2 bil has been awarded to taxpayers where an ITIN was used on the return. For all we know this is someone who was transferred to the US by his foreign company and the ITIN is for is stay-at-home foreign wife who is here legally.

Proof please!
I am seriously trying to understand why you do not comprehend that I am NOT the one making the claim. AGAIN, you will have to ask one of the pro-illegals posting here. Ask rhymetime for the proof, not me.

Old 09-07-2011, 04:38 PM

Quote:
According to the Washington Post article, they claimed the EITC by filing using an ITIN, which is FRAUD.
No it isn't, clearly you have no idea what ITINs are and when they are issued.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration