U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 07:46 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,051,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Yet, the IRS can threaten my mother for taxes my deceased father did not owe. And, pro-illegals continue to think stealing the ID of dead people is a victimless crime. I blame the SSA for advertising SSN info of deceased people online for every scumbag crook to access.
Note that those working for the IRS are probably not illegal aliens...

Note that those working for the SSA are probably not illegal aliens....

Your statement about "pro-illegals" and ID theft after a person dies can't be universally sustained...

Every "scumbag crook" is correct, where ID theft is not limited to illegal aliens...

Some (like me) use the Death Records for genealogy help...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2011, 07:56 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,612,235 times
Considering that the IRS runs information in tax returns through software that detects errors, how hard can it possibly be for the SSA to notify the IRS that a SS# belongs to a person who is deceased, so that a return filed with that SS# would automatically be flagged?

Old 09-08-2011, 08:06 AM

23,686 posts, read 31,547,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
they're just having kids Americans won't have..
...or can't afford to have because we're paying for THEIRS.

Old 09-10-2011, 03:11 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,927,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Note that those working for the IRS are probably not illegal aliens...

Note that those working for the SSA are probably not illegal aliens....
Note I never even remotely implied otherwise. Although given our lax enforcement and the failure by government agencies (including SSA) to use E-Verify, chances are, illegals are in fact employed by both agencies. However, my comments were in reference to their incompetence, not the immigration status of their workforce.

Quote:
Your statement about "pro-illegals" and ID theft after a person dies can't be universally sustained...
Correction: According to certain pro-illegals on this forum, most illegals steal the identities of dead people, rather than the living.

Quote:
Every "scumbag crook" is correct, where ID theft is not limited to illegal aliens...
I consider EVERY ID thief to be a scumbag and a crook. And, if I accused an illegal of being the culprit in my fatherís case, please quote me. However, it cannot be denied that the recent surge in ID theft correlates with the increase in illegal immigration.

Quote:
Identity theft has been a growing worry in the United States, but a rise in federal prosecutions of immigrants offers a new wrinkle on the problem. As better systems are developed for verifying employment, illegal immigrants are assuming the names and government-issued ID numbers of Americans like Miranda to thwart detection at workplaces, get driver's licenses and obtain credit.
Illegal immigrants turn to identity theft - Technology & science - Security - msnbc.com

Quote:
Federal estimates indicate that nearly 10 million Americans become victims of identity theft each year. Officials can't say how many of those identities are being used by illegal workers, but prosecutors in Kansas say they see more cases of illegal immigrants using fake credentials every year.

It mirrors an increase in overall cases related to illegal immigration.

"We know there are thousands and thousands of people working here who aren't even supposed to be here," said Brent Anderson, assistant U.S. attorney for Kansas. "There is rampant ID theft going on ... and I'm afraid that given the situation we're in right now, this is just the beginning."
Identity theft linked to illegal immigration

Quote:
Some (like me) use the Death Records for genealogy help...
Unfortunately, unlike you, far too many use the SSA Death Index for ID theft. There is absolutely no good reason for the SSA to publish the SSN of the deceased.

Old 09-10-2011, 03:17 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,927,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
Considering that the IRS runs information in tax returns through software that detects errors, how hard can it possibly be for the SSA to notify the IRS that a SS# belongs to a person who is deceased, so that a return filed with that SS# would automatically be flagged?
Thatís an excellent question. They clearly have the means. They simply lack the will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration