Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 05:14 PM

4,173 posts, read 6,684,994 times

Advertisements

Problem is that many Ds and Rs (like Perry) are supporting illegals. Pisses me off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2011, 05:16 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calmdude View Post
Problem is that many Ds and Rs (like Perry) are supporting illegals. Pisses me off.
There are laws ON THE BOOKS allowing them to do this.
US citizens have been sold down the river by our own government.

Old 09-02-2011, 05:18 PM

4,173 posts, read 6,684,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
There are laws ON THE BOOKS allowing them to do this.
US citizens have been sold down the river by our own government.
Agree. We the people dont have the money to buy off both sides as big business has. Unfortunately, it is always lesser of 2 evils (and for me - Ron Paul is not an option although him and Hunstsman are the more intelligent among the current nutty Rep pool).

Last edited by calmdude; 09-02-2011 at 06:00 PM..

Old 09-02-2011, 06:14 PM

33,547 posts, read 18,143,148 times
We are broke.. we owe trillions.. yes, we the people owe.. Washington spends and takes money out of our paychecks to pay for the freebees of illegals..

We the people will see more taxes , whether it be at the gas pump, what we buy or what we earn.. we will be told that our paycheck has to be hit again to pay for what Washington gives out. Our president isn't doing anything to stop it..The word illegal only has meaning to Americans... the word doesn't mean anything to the illegals. They laugh and take more from us. America is good, they say.

Old 09-02-2011, 06:22 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,640,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
they're just having kids Americans won't have..
We need to stop rewarding people for having children they can't afford, and we as a country can't afford.

Old 09-02-2011, 06:24 PM

2,472 posts, read 3,196,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
Undocumented workers got billions from IRS in tax credits, audit finds - The Federal Eye - The Washington Post

If we would sit down and eliminate these types of hand-outs I bet we could get upward of 500 billion if not more.. I sit here and think about how folks chastise the Tea Party who wants to rid the government of this type of entitlements and it just doesn't make sense.. I'm not a Tea Partier but how can ANYONE make sense of this type of entitlement other than potential new voters? The more waste and entitlement funding I see pouring out of this government the more pissed I get...
That ridiculous, illegal babies shouldn't get anything from my government! :P

Old 09-02-2011, 07:51 PM

2,794 posts, read 4,154,337 times
When enough Americans wake the hell up & realize exactly what the illegals are costing this country,then we can do something about it. Meanwhile, the politicians are getting $$$ from all the corporations & employers getting rich off the slave wages they are allowed to pay the illegals. And unemployment continues to rise... & I'm a democrat.

Old 09-02-2011, 08:47 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coachgns View Post
So is everyone prepared to give credit where credit is due?
The changes to the law that allow this are primarily from 2001.
Who was in charge then?
I think it was Pres. Bush, last I looked.
Then the 2009 law made it even easier to get these payments.

Under the Obama administration an audit was done that pointed out this problem. That's what audits are for. Now it is their job to fix it.
True, Bush certainly did everything he could to bring millions of illegals into the country, he couldn't stop promising amnesty even for a moment.

Obama is just doing more of the same.

Both are nothing but puppets of the cheap labor elites, globalists.

Old 09-02-2011, 08:57 PM

2,794 posts, read 4,154,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
True, Bush certainly did everything he could to bring millions of illegals into the country, he couldn't stop promising amnesty even for a moment.

Obama is just doing more of the same.

Both are nothing but puppets of the cheap labor elites, globalists.
Yup...and guess who gets to foot the bill? Sure isn't The Elite...

Old 09-02-2011, 09:04 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
The government is giving them ID's to file their taxes with so who is to blame here ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration