U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-03-2011, 09:08 PM
 
Location: San Antonio Texas
11,435 posts, read 15,946,342 times
Reputation: 5224

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
I love this. Finally we have a candidate with stones. He's not afraid of the ridiculous illegal supporters who will shout racist because they have no valid argument. I thought he was a good governor other than signing a permanent assault weapons ban here in Massachusetts.....




Mitt Romney, Republican Hispanic,Crack Down on Illegal Immigration - Hispanically Speaking News

Good. He probably had nothing to fear though since a conservative Republican audience plausibly feels exactly the same way. It's good that he said it though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-03-2011, 09:16 PM
 
Location: San Antonio Texas
11,435 posts, read 15,946,342 times
Reputation: 5224
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Depends on the definition, remember it's not some racial category, but his family is most definitely Mexican-American. So is the NM governor Susanna Martinez, but she's very good so far.
I would agree with you. It would be fair to call Romney at least half Mexican. there were many immigrants from other countries besides Spain that invaded Mexico, among them Germans, French, Irish, Polish, Lebanese. The Porfiriato (reign of Porfirio Diaz late 1800s) was a huge industrial era in Mexican history that welcomed European immigrants to "whiten" Mexico. Many came from all over Europe. Salma Hayek is of Lebanese descent, but Mexican nationality. Linda Ronstadt has German roots. Former Pres Vicente Fox has Irish-Mexican roots. My pediatrician was from Mexico of Polish ancestry. My family has Irish-Mexican roots. So on and so on.

I just wish that romney acted more Mexican, not so stiff and bland.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-03-2011, 09:33 PM
 
Location: too far from the sea
17,994 posts, read 17,150,498 times
Reputation: 30131
Romney was a pretty good governor of Massachusetts. He seemed honest and not too intertwined with the corrupt politicians. He also gave our state universal health care which is GREAT. (Don't knock it until you've had it.) He does flip flop now and again but he's still a good choice.
I voted for Obama and may vote for him again because it's the Repubs who have screwed him over. He is just a little bit too liberal for me, however and I do wish he'd do something about illegal immigration. If I believed Romney would Really DEPORT those illegals--just get them outa here--be fair to the people who are waiting in line to come in here legally, then I'd certainly vote for him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-04-2011, 06:35 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptug101 View Post
There have been more deportation under obama,then under bush.
that is a statistical fact.
That may be true for the convicted felon types but otherwise he has a hands off approach for any illegals that haven't been "convicted" yet. He recently made exempt 300,000 illegal aliens for deportation based on no felony convictions. He is also going to consider many of them for work permits while millions of Americans are out of work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-04-2011, 07:59 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
Reputation: 22158
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptug101 View Post
There have been more deportation under obama,then under bush.
that is a statistical fact.
Yes, we all know that Bush was terrible especially on illegal immigration but Obama has now done some big amnesty and has stopped the deportations. He's giving illegals work permits -- no matter that unemployment of Americans is way up.

And even with all Obama has done for the illegals, La Raza isn't all that pleased. The problem with this group is they have no intention of compromising, they want "the Whole Enchilada", nothing less than what they demand which is completely open borders, no limits on how many from their country can come here, no limits to the welfare handouts they can take, full social security checks to elderly illegals, financial aid money for illegals who decide they want to go to a university here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-04-2011, 05:08 PM
 
841 posts, read 790,007 times
Reputation: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
I love this. Finally we have a candidate with stones. He's not afraid of the ridiculous illegal supporters who will shout racist because they have no valid argument. I thought he was a good governor other than signing a permanent assault weapons ban here in Massachusetts.....




Mitt Romney, Republican Hispanic,Crack Down on Illegal Immigration - Hispanically Speaking News

Romney is not any different than the rest who lie about getting tough on illegal immigration. He also is for registration of illegals to stay here! He is for comp immigration reform. The reason they lie is that most every official and all candidates except one are corporate globalists, paid by elite globalists for their re-election campaigns, the candidates work for them not us. They are members of the Foreign Relations Committee (who are globalists). Ron Paul a non globalist is not a member of the FRC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-04-2011, 05:13 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsicmovies View Post
Romney is not any different than the rest who lie about getting tough on illegal immigration. He also is for registration of illegals to stay here! He is for comp immigration reform. The reason they lie is that most every official and all candidates except one are corporate globalists, paid by elite globalists for their re-election campaigns, the candidates work for them not us. They are members of the Foreign Relations Committee (who are globalists). Ron Paul a non globalist is not a member of the FRC.
I have to admit that I don't really "fully" trust any candidate on this issue. I have seen far too many times politicians flip flopping on this issue and many other issues after getting elected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-04-2011, 05:22 PM
 
841 posts, read 790,007 times
Reputation: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Well I like Herman Cain and my vote will go to Cain if he's running, otherwise I'll have to take a look at Romney. No Perry.
Are you for globalism and the three country merge that's destroying us. All candidates are corporate globalists from Obama to Romney to Perry. The elite gloabalists who own banks, corporations and media are in control of two parties and pay candidates re-election money. THe globalists send out their candidates every election. All candidates but Paul are members of foreign relations committee (globalists). Paul is non globalist, only one who tells us the truth on corruption in Washington and the globalist agenda, he's been doing this for 30 years in office. Paul states that with the Repubs and Dems change we want won't happen, they will tinker around the edges only. I read Bush's long speech on illegal immigration the other day, was full of lies since none of it came true. Once you research globalism it all starts to make sense on exactly what they are doing to this country and to us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-04-2011, 07:10 PM
 
Location: Miami
888 posts, read 606,576 times
Reputation: 658
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsicmovies View Post
Are you for globalism and the three country merge that's destroying us. All candidates are corporate globalists from Obama to Romney to Perry. The elite gloabalists who own banks, corporations and media are in control of two parties and pay candidates re-election money. THe globalists send out their candidates every election. All candidates but Paul are members of foreign relations committee (globalists). Paul is non globalist, only one who tells us the truth on corruption in Washington and the globalist agenda, he's been doing this for 30 years in office. Paul states that with the Repubs and Dems change we want won't happen, they will tinker around the edges only. I read Bush's long speech on illegal immigration the other day, was full of lies since none of it came true. Once you research globalism it all starts to make sense on exactly what they are doing to this country and to us.
Agree.

Ron Paul is making the most sense.

The globalist objective is to make sure that both Rep&Dem candidates would complete the globalist agenda. It really does not matter who you vote for, other than Ron Paul. And even if we did vote for Ron Paul, how long would he last before being killed off?

Once people start really looking at the big picture, they will realize that it does not matter who gets elected.

The real race is right now: All candidates vs Ron Paul

For those who want the borders dismantled for the North American Union and a Common Currency, Perry is the best candidate to have it done quickly. Obama will get it done too, but we'd probably wait a bit longer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2011, 12:09 AM
 
Location: Mexifornia
913 posts, read 735,642 times
Reputation: 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Well I like Herman Cain and my vote will go to Cain if he's running, otherwise I'll have to take a look at Romney. No Perry.

Cain would make a good candidate except for his foreign policy. He's an Israel-first candidate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top