U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 09:47 PM

1,574 posts, read 792,080 times

Advertisements

I'm guessing the "Mittens is a Latino" meme must be floating around the chain mail circuits as a way of getting everyone to convince themselves they aren't racist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2011, 09:50 PM

738 posts, read 932,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Mexico has birthright citizenship, so his father would be a Mexican before becoming a U.S. citizen (born abroad). In fact Mitt wouldn't even have to set foot in Mexico, he could go to a Mexican Consulate and gain an additional nationality from his father's Mexican citizenship. Sounds like a Manchurian Candidate to me.

How could he be rough on his Paisanos?...
George became a US citizen at birth. We don't recognize dual citizenship, and don't really care what Mexico thinks.

Do you even know what a Manchurian Candidate is?

Old 09-06-2011, 11:52 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,024,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodipper View Post
George became a US citizen at birth...
There would be a good claim, as long as the parent(s) are present in the United States for some years after a certain age, but there is a little more processing than you think for an American born overseas. George would have rather gained Mexican citizenship at birth. His direct offspring can claim Mexican nationality.

Quote:
...We don't recognize dual citizenship, and don't really care what Mexico thinks...
¨We¨, referring to the United States, can have someone that is a citizen or national of more than just the United States. The Department of State recognizes that it can happen. How are you saying it isn´t valid?

Quote:
...Do you even know what a Manchurian Candidate is?
If he hears ¨se venden gorditas¨ while President, he instantly grants ¨amnesty¨...

That is why some don´t want him as a candidate...

Old 09-07-2011, 08:10 AM

1,421 posts, read 1,241,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
How was George a Hispanic? His roots weren't in Spain. His ancestors were from England.
Same reason that Keiko Fujimori of Peru is a Hispanic or Latina; she was born and raisd in Peru. But her familys all from Japan. Keiko ran for president there a few weeks back.

Old 09-10-2011, 07:12 PM

8,673 posts, read 8,836,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Yeah, he'll go up against the illegals...as soon as they're done renovating his house.
lol.

Old 09-10-2011, 07:22 PM

9,833 posts, read 5,614,626 times
I am actually amazed that Cain hasn't really gained traction.. I think he would make an exceptional president. I support him but to this point he doesn't seem to be getting what he needs to get the nomination sadly.

Old 09-11-2011, 08:40 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,897,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I am actually amazed that Cain hasn't really gained traction.. I think he would make an exceptional president. I support him but to this point he doesn't seem to be getting what he needs to get the nomination sadly.
It makes you realize that the elections are fixed in that they will offer up pro-unlimited cheap labor globalist candidate A and pro-unlimited cheap labor globalist candidate B.

Cain has the best background, no questionable family history and doesn't seem to be a panderer.

Old 09-11-2011, 06:24 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,007,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
It makes you realize that the elections are fixed in that they will offer up pro-unlimited cheap labor globalist candidate A and pro-unlimited cheap labor globalist candidate B.

Cain has the best background, no questionable family history and doesn't seem to be a panderer.
lol @ you guys acting like the election revolves around illegal immigration. I would be shocked if more than 10% of people felt it was the top priority. 5% would probably be high.

Old 09-11-2011, 06:33 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,024,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
lol @ you guys acting like the election revolves around illegal immigration. I would be shocked if more than 10% of people felt it was the top priority. 5% would probably be high.
But the election going to hinge on the ¨illegal¨ Aunt and Uncle, right?...

Right?...

Old 09-11-2011, 10:05 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,241,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
But the election going to hinge on the ¨illegal¨ Aunt and Uncle, right?...

Right?...

Maybe. Obama is a 1 term pres I bet. His illegal alien members dont help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or