U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2011, 02:19 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,227,160 times

Advertisements

A friend just posted this to his facebook page, I thought it was worth discussing.

SO LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT... If you cross the North Korean border illegally, you get 12 yrs. hard labor. If you cross the Afghanistan border illegally, you get shot. Two Americans just got eight years for crossing the Iranian border. If you cross the U. S. border illegally you get a job, a drivers license, food stamps, a place to live, health care, housing & child benefits, education, & a tax free business for 7 yrs ...No wonder we are a country in debt.

Old 09-05-2011, 02:20 PM

10,725 posts, read 6,886,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
A friend just posted this to his facebook page, I thought it was worth discussing.

SO LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT... If you cross the North Korean border illegally, you get 12 yrs. hard labor. If you cross the Afghanistan border illegally, you get shot. Two Americans just got eight years for crossing the Iranian border. If you cross the U. S. border illegally you get a job, a drivers license, food stamps, a place to live, health care, housing & child benefits, education, & a tax free business for 7 yrs ...No wonder we are a country in debt.
Are you saying the USA should become as brutal as North Korea and Iran?

Old 09-05-2011, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Are you saying the USA should become as brutal as North Korea and Iran?

Actually I would like us to enforce OUR laws.

I posted that for discussion to see who would be the first to ask your question.

Thank you for playing!

Old 09-05-2011, 02:33 PM

10,725 posts, read 6,886,379 times
Quote:
Actually I would like us to enforce OUR laws.

I posted that for discussion to see who would be the first to ask your question.

Thank you for playing!
Of course we should enforce our laws, but you are pointing out a problem and then highlighting how other countries handle those problems in what seemed like a solution to those problems.

Old 09-05-2011, 02:56 PM

9,963 posts, read 6,097,687 times
Quote:
Of course we should enforce our laws, but you are pointing out a problem and then highlighting how other countries handle those problems in what seemed like a solution to those problems.
I did not see it that way at all. I think he is saying we should enforce our laws and if you come here illegally you should be put out of the country. Instead we give them all the rights of an American citizen. That's the way it should be. Come here legally or stay out. You don't just waltz across the border of any other country in the world and get all of the benefits of that country.

Old 09-05-2011, 03:17 PM

1,058 posts, read 1,615,259 times
I see no problem with cracking down VERY hard on those who break into our country illegally, and abuse and waste our tax payer money! By any means necessary!

Old 09-05-2011, 04:13 PM

1,574 posts, read 788,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Instead we give them all the rights of an American citizen.

Old 09-05-2011, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Actually, I pointed out that the OTHER countries were enforcing their laws.Now the fact that their punishment is harsher than ours is a point for a different discussion, BUT, the fact is, they strictly enforce their laws.

Old 09-05-2011, 05:23 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,005,007 times
Quote:
Actually, I pointed out that the OTHER countries were enforcing their laws.Now the fact that their punishment is harsher than ours is a point for a different discussion, BUT, the fact is, they strictly enforce their laws.
Those punishments are a case study in laws that would be better off unenforced, but...I guess that's less obvious to some people.

Old 09-05-2011, 05:42 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,878,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
Those punishments are a case study in laws that would be better off unenforced, but...I guess that's less obvious to some people.
Better off according to who? Of course those who would violate the laws would prefer no enforcement. Pretty sure all criminals feel this way.
Should we punish those who would trespass against us? Yes. Should the punishment be such as it would discourage others ? Yes
Is hard labor wrong? Well it costs this nation a great deal to deport. The illegals often dont have the money to pay for it. Use them to work the fields their pay will be garnished to pay for the cost of their deportation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or