Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 01:24 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,835,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
The largest group of Hispanic “immigrants” in the U.S. is comprised of Mexicans. Given the following info, I think it’s safe to assume the bulk of the unprecedented births are the result of illegal immigration from Mexico. In addition, you can read the articles I linked which indicate the same...
And what portion of the U.S. Hispanic population do you equate as ¨illegal¨?...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2011, 01:28 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,289,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Irresponsibility is irresponsibility...

Think about it, there is always going to be an equal or greater number of U.S. citizen patients for every birth. What does immigration status matter in a relationship? In the example you countered with there (still not understanding what I mean by one-half of the "patients" in a birth), that family now typically has at least twice as many U.S. citizens as illegal aliens.

There was also an earlier article about Parkland Hospital that snopes debunked, in that an e-mail chain letter objected after a certain number of "Anchor Baby" births the mother would automatically become a U.S. citizen. We know that claim is false, on an I-601 waiver the U.S. citizen children are only considered if it is impossible that they live in the home country of the illegal alien parent. An I-601 is specifically for the marital relationship between a U.S. citizen and illegal alien present in the United States.
No, citizen parents = irresponsiblity, illegal alien parents = irresponsibility and lawbreaking.

My point of view is that it is just plain dumb to get involved with an illegal alien knowingly. If the illegal hasn't been honest with the American in a relationship about their status then that poses the question of their trustworthiness. I wouldn't continue to stay involved with them if they had witheld such information from me. That shows dishonesty on their part right there and I would no longer trust them.

You've yet to provide any proof that many if not most of these illegals have children with a citizen parent.

An e-mail chain letter, please? Parkland Hospital would make no such claim that these illegal moms would automatically be given citizenship themselves by giving birth on our soil. These illegal moms might think so or they may hope so, however.

Old 09-14-2011, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
They do it because they can...go visit a third world country and you would too.
I wouldn't make any assumptions about law abiding Americans if I were you. I wasn't raised to be a coward. I don't like a lot of things that go on in my own country but I will work to fix them rather than jumping some other country's borders and be a burden on their citizens.

Old 09-14-2011, 01:44 PM

9,240 posts, read 8,651,307 times
Quote:
What portion of the U.S. Hispanic population and "Mexican immigrants" are you attributing as illegal aliens?...
There are 609,000 other than Mexican illegals in the country out at least 23 million.

Old 09-14-2011, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
No, citizen parents = irresponsiblity, illegal alien parents = irresponsibility and lawbreaking...
I need to introduce you to some U.S. citizen ¨parents¨ we have around here...

Quote:
...My point of view is that it is just plain dumb to get involved with an illegal alien knowingly. If the illegal hasn't been honest with the American in a relationship about their status then that poses the question of their trustworthiness. I wouldn't continue to stay involved with them if they had witheld such information from me. That shows dishonesty on their part right there and I would no longer trust them...
Who is saying that they are being honest about their status to those they are in a relationship with?...

Quote:
...You've yet to provide any proof that many if not most of these illegals have children with a citizen parent...
My claim is that there is at least one U.S. citizen patient involved in each birth at Parkland Hospital. Somebody help her out. I am being as clear as I can.

Quote:
...An e-mail chain letter, please? Parkland Hospital would make no such claim that these illegal moms would automatically be given citizenship themselves by giving birth on our soil. These illegal moms might think so or they may hope so, however.
The hospital itself didn´t make the claim, it was circulated by a chain e-mail message...

Old 09-14-2011, 02:27 PM

Quote:
I need to introduce you to some U.S. citizen ¨parents¨ we have around here...

Who is saying that they are being honest about their status to those they are in a relationship with?...

My claim is that there is at least one U.S. citizen patient involved in each birth at Parkland Hospital. Somebody help her out. I am being as clear as I can.

The hospital itself didn´t make the claim, it was circulated by a chain e-mail message...
Uh, what does your first sentence have to do with what we are discussing?

Re-read my post. I pointed out both scenarios. One of which is a citizen knowingly becoming involved with an illegal and the other was the illegal alien not telling the citizen that they are here illegally until much later or maybe not at all.

No, you're not being clear at all. Are you saying that most or many of the births by illegal alien moms have citizen spouses or vice versa?

If the hospital didn't make that claim then who cares what is said in a chain e-mail?

Old 09-14-2011, 02:47 PM

403 posts, read 333,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian Ideals View Post
So, all the social programs that make it easier to have "3rd world birthrates," has access to these programs for illegal immigrants increased, decreased, or stayed the same over the past 10-20 years?
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Increased. Word has spread that all it takes is giving birth here and the rest is gravy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
Except access to these services haven't increased to illegal aliens over the years, they have actually decreased, yet these services are having an increase in usage due to children born to illegal aliens, by way of being born here and being eligible for these services. Aren't birth rates in this circumstance correlated to usage? An increase in usage by their children born here equals an increase in illegal aliens birth rates. This is what I believe this entire argument is about.

Malamute disagrees with you. And, the answer is not necessarily. There very easily could have been a time when, as malamute seems to think, that not as many illegals knew about the programs or knew that they could qualify or were afraid to apply for fear of being deported, etc. as word spreads of ways to get on and that it is safe for them to apply you could very easily have an increase in use of services without the birthrate changing at all.

Old 09-14-2011, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Uh, what does your first sentence have to do with what we are discussing?
Irresponsible parenting coupled with ¨lawbreaking¨...

Quote:
...No, you're not being clear at all. Are you saying that most or many of the births by illegal alien moms have citizen spouses or vice versa?...
The mother is a patient for the birth, right? Whom is typically the other patient (sometimes there is more than one) for that same birth? Hint: You have been a part of that process on both sides, when I have only experienced it once.

Old 09-14-2011, 03:17 PM

2,475 posts, read 2,070,963 times
Quote:
The child is presumed to be a born citizen, but we already went over the fact that the birth certificate does not ingrain citizenship nor does it have the status of parents or the child on it, it is merely a beginning to an identity for the child.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian Ideals
And, the answer is not necessarily. There very easily could have been a time when, as malamute seems to think, that not as many illegals knew about the programs or knew that they could qualify or were afraid to apply for fear of being deported, etc. as word spreads of ways to get on and that it is safe for them to apply you could very easily have an increase in use of services without the birthrate changing at all.
That is always a possibility, neither of which you or I can prove, much like your assumption of the correlation of birth rates declining amongst illegal aliens. It is two views of the same coin. We are arguing the same rope, just from opposite ends.

Old 09-14-2011, 03:20 PM

2,475 posts, read 2,070,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian Ideals View Post
Malamute disagrees with you.
Malamute doesn't disagree with me at all. Malamutes argument is more broad brushed vs mine being more defined.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration