U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 03:13 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,166,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Who made her Secretary of Labor?
Despite record unemployment she is pushing amnesty for invaders.
Yes, and note how she claims that the right is trying to turn them against "immigrants". Uh, Ms. Solis the topic is illegal aliens, not immigrants and why shouldn't any loyal American be against illegal immigration?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2011, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
More or less?...
It has nothing to do with Ms. Solis understanding the economy or labor. It is all about ethnic ties to her. She is a typical ethnocentric.

Old 09-06-2011, 03:19 PM

1,574 posts, read 791,038 times
Doing what THEY want: pandering for votes.

Doing what WE want: just the right thing to do!

Old 09-06-2011, 03:35 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,913,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
Doing what THEY want: pandering for votes.

Doing what WE want: just the right thing to do!
Well when doing what they want is to ignore our laws or look the other way in order to appease a very specific voting block then yes its pandering.
And yes bothsides do it. But somehow its a bit more reasonable when the ones who might benefit are actually legal citizens and residents.
Doing what the majority of americans want in this case is the right thing to do.

Old 09-06-2011, 03:51 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,006,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Well when doing what they want is to ignore our laws or look the other way in order to appease a very specific voting block then yes its pandering.
And yes bothsides do it. But somehow its a bit more reasonable when the ones who might benefit are actually legal citizens and residents.
Doing what the majority of americans want in this case is the right thing to do.
No one wants the current regime. She isn't advocating for ignoring laws anymore than someone advocating for drug policy reform is.

Old 09-06-2011, 04:24 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,913,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
No one wants the current regime. She isn't advocating for ignoring laws anymore than someone advocating for drug policy reform is.
Well lets define the reform they seek. I freely admit that I am not at all sure what they want. They say 1 thing but do another. They insist on identifying illegals and legals as being within the realm of comparison.
They say illegals through their reform will need to apply and follow the same path as legals. But this doesnt include what all legals had and have to do. That is apply from nation of origin.
They say illegals will be required to pay back taxes. How do they propose to implement this?
When they say reform do they mean amnesty or do they mean fix a flawed inefficient system? Does this reform address the lack of enforcement? Does it address a system that abounds in redundancy? Or is it a reform like the one of 1986 that only granted amnesty to 3 million illegals with no fix.
Can you see why I have little faith in political appointees to do the right thing? The right thing is to actually address whats broken and fix it. Not hand out amnesty after amnesty in hopes the problem will cure itself.

Old 09-06-2011, 06:01 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,019,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
It has nothing to do with Ms. Solis understanding the economy or labor. It is all about ethnic ties to her. She is a typical ethnocentric.
The question was "more or less?", and answered "yes"...

Whom are you responding to?...

You do know that you can post a reply without quoting anyone?...

Old 09-06-2011, 08:49 PM

25,396 posts, read 16,358,174 times
I agree that our laws need to be changed regarding illegal aliens. Here are my ideas:

1) Make illegal border crossing a felony with a mandatory jail sentence.

2) In other crimes, the proceeds from criminal activity can and often are seized by LE. DO THE SAME with criminal immigrants. Ensure that money being sent outside of the country is seized if from illegals.

3) Ensure that ID theft is prosecuted.

4) Ensure that we don't reward criminals with free health care, education and welfare.

5) Take steps to ensure that criminal aliens can not get US drivers licenses. Prosecute those that drive w/o a licensce or insurance. Seize vehicles driven by illegals.

6) Prosecute those that knowingly employ criminal aliens.

Old 09-06-2011, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
The question was "more or less?", and answered "yes"...

Whom are you responding to?...

You do know that you can post a reply without quoting anyone?...
Uh, I was responding to you. I quoted you in my reply.

Old 09-06-2011, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I agree that our laws need to be changed regarding illegal aliens. Here are my ideas:

1) Make illegal border crossing a felony with a mandatory jail sentence.

2) In other crimes, the proceeds from criminal activity can and often are seized by LE. DO THE SAME with criminal immigrants. Ensure that money being sent outside of the country is seized if from illegals.

3) Ensure that ID theft is prosecuted.

4) Ensure that we don't reward criminals with free health care, education and welfare.

5) Take steps to ensure that criminal aliens can not get US drivers licenses. Prosecute those that drive w/o a licensce or insurance. Seize vehicles driven by illegals.

6) Prosecute those that knowingly employ criminal aliens.
All good ideas. I would only add, change birthright citizenship to require that at least one parent be a citizen in order for their newborn to qualify for birthright citizenship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or