U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-06-2011, 01:40 PM
 
9,243 posts, read 7,134,989 times
Reputation: 2200

Advertisements

Who made her Secretary of Labor?
Despite record unemployment she is pushing amnesty for invaders.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-06-2011, 01:51 PM
 
1,569 posts, read 1,008,409 times
Reputation: 111
Do you think you understand the labor market more or less than the Secretary of Labor?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-06-2011, 02:01 PM
 
Location: in a cabin overlooking the mountains
3,079 posts, read 3,593,681 times
Reputation: 2247
1 -Does the US permit foreigners to study at our universities and get degrees and then toss them out when they're done?

yes and they go home and help out their own economies rather than ours

2 - Does our immigration system give visa preference to foreigners who will help our economy?

no we give preference to applicants bassed on family reunification

3 -Is our immigration system broken?

yes I think so so it is high time to reform it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-06-2011, 02:15 PM
 
9,243 posts, read 7,134,989 times
Reputation: 2200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
Do you think you understand the labor market more or less than the Secretary of Labor?
I am sure I do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-06-2011, 02:24 PM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,028,161 times
Reputation: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
I am sure I do.
More or less?...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-06-2011, 02:24 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,956,936 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
Do you think you understand the labor market more or less than the Secretary of Labor?
party agenda? Pandering for votes? This person is apolitical hack at best.
But what qualifiers this person as such an expert on the impact of immigration on our economy and unemployment? Oh yeah they were appointed to the job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-06-2011, 02:28 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,956,936 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
1 -Does the US permit foreigners to study at our universities and get degrees and then toss them out when they're done?

yes and they go home and help out their own economies rather than ours

2 - Does our immigration system give visa preference to foreigners who will help our economy?

no we give preference to applicants bassed on family reunification

3 -Is our immigration system broken?

yes I think so so it is high time to reform it.
reform it how?
Does the US permit immigration for those with no family ties? YES provided they can demonstrate financial capability.
Does the USA kick out all foreign students? NO
Is the system broken? Yes our standards are too low, and we dont enforce our laws except on those who already are obeying them.
Whats broken the most is lack of enforcement. Why have laws if you dont enforce.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-06-2011, 02:30 PM
 
Location: OCEAN BREEZES AND VIEWS SAN CLEMENTE
19,899 posts, read 15,373,247 times
Reputation: 6451
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
party agenda? Pandering for votes? This person is apolitical hack at best.
But what qualifiers this person as such an expert on the impact of immigration on our economy and unemployment? Oh yeah they were appointed to the job.
How right you are! don't you know who is pandering for votes, can you guess?

Who appointed this person to the job!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-06-2011, 02:33 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,956,936 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
How right you are! don't you know who is pandering for votes, can you guess?

Who appointed this person to the job!
with 1 year to go and no hope of passing an amnesty he needs to start the pandering now. How can we survive without illegals? With only 9+% unemployment we cant fill the jobs available without them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-06-2011, 02:41 PM
 
9,243 posts, read 7,134,989 times
Reputation: 2200
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
More or less?...
More
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top