Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 11:30 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
Oh, I see. It's OK to be bigoted against a culture or ethnicity or "class" as long as you're not bigoted against a race?
Actually it is ok. Its just narrow minded and short sighted. Not to mention ignorant. Just as its ignorant to accuse people of being racist when its unfounded.
This forum taunts fly back and forth from all sides. Discussion gets heated and people say stupid things sometimes.
My bench mark for a racist. If they can look at children playing and hate on them because of race, ethnic back ground or culture then they are a true bigot. Anyone who can hate on kids well they are just as low as it gets.
We all know my stand on illegals. I have never seen a child I can hate by looking at them I dont and won't hate children of illegals. I dont even hate illegals. I hate the crimes they commit and the apparent sense of entitlment some have. I don't know any illegals well enough to hate them personally.

Old 09-08-2011, 04:50 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,346,222 times
Quote:
Oh, some student newspaper says they aren't racist, ergo nobody in this forum is?

Flawless logic, as usual!

Please quote the post where I said this^^.

1+1= 3 in the world of rt.....LMMFA0

Old 09-08-2011, 07:25 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
Untrue accusation of racism is offensive. It is also lying.
I'd like to know how objection to illegal immigration is bigotry towards one ethnic group or culture. Just because most illegals are from one ethnic group and therefore they get the most attention does not imply bigotry towards that entire culture or ethnic group. I do however find it appalling when the citizens of that ethnic group think that their ethnic group should be above our laws or should be rewarded for breaking them. In that case the bigotry and racism label belongs on their heads, not ours.

Old 09-08-2011, 04:00 PM

1,574 posts, read 1,019,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Please quote the post where I said this^^.

1+1= 3 in the world of rt.....LMMFA0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Illegal alien apologists need to come up with a new one....
Why would they "need to come up with a new one" unless the people they are calling racists are in fact not racists? And why would you post that article with that catch phrase unless you thought the article somehow showed that the people labeled "racist" are in fact not racist?

Seriously, your "quote the post where I said this" is beyond ridiculous. I didn't claim you said it. If you actually said that, then I would just laugh directly at you. What I did was make explicit the implicit argument you were making. you seem to agree that it's a pretty dumb argument since you're now trying to distance yourself from it...

Old 09-08-2011, 09:33 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,303,952 times
Default Accusation of racism offensive, untrue

Quote:
Why would they "need to come up with a new one" unless the people they are calling racists are in fact not racists? And why would you post that article with that catch phrase unless you thought the article somehow showed that the people labeled "racist" are in fact not racist?

Seriously, your "quote the post where I said this" is beyond ridiculous. I didn't claim you said it. If you actually said that, then I would just laugh directly at you. What I did was make explicit the implicit argument you were making. you seem to agree that it's a pretty dumb argument since you're now trying to distance yourself from it...
What race are we affecting? I don't get the racist angle. I don't like criminals, illegal aliens are criminals. Are they all the same race? Are Somolians, Mexicans, Haitians, Russians the same race?

I got 12 kids on my baseball team. One Asian kid, two Hispanic kids, three black kids, and six white kids. How am I a racist?????????

Old 09-08-2011, 10:18 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,491,139 times
Quote:
What race are we affecting? I don't get the racist angle. I don't like criminals, illegal aliens are criminals. Are they all the same race? Are Somolians, Mexicans, Haitians, Russians the same race?

I got 12 kids on my baseball team. One Asian kid, two Hispanic kids, three black kids, and six white kids. How am I a racist?????????
An a Mexican can be of Somali, Russian, Japanese, etc. background; there still ALL Mexicans. Tho MOST illegal aliens are Hispanic Indians.

Old 09-09-2011, 04:08 AM

1 posts, read 738 times
Default Brilliant

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
People need to drop the RACE card. It's about CULTURE, CLASS and ETHNICITY. It has ZERO to do with race.

When they're wrong about an issue, they lean on the RACE card. They figure that if they throw out the RACE card enough times then maybe everyone will forget there's a REAL HARDLINE ISSUE they are trying to get everyone to ignore.

Like a shiny beacon of light the words ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION, ILLEGAL ALIEN keeps blazing forward. They can cover it up with piles of RACE covered CRAP but ONE WORD KEEPS REPEATING. ILLEGAL, ILLEGAL, ILLEGAL.

Nobody is illegal. BULLL CRAPPP! You're a racist. ILLEGAL IS A STATUS NOT A RACE TRY AGAIN! You're a racist! RACE RACE RACE.

The more they try the dumber they look.
Well put, Rush Limbaugh. I've seen the same amount of Americans pull the "race card" then any other race. "Hey, I've got me a luminous idea, why don't we all pull the hypocritical card, and call it even?" DONE.

Old 09-09-2011, 04:52 AM

1,574 posts, read 1,019,165 times
Quote:

Thank you for demonstrating that you don't understand what "racism" means.

Old 09-09-2011, 07:46 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Armada View Post
Well put, Rush Limbaugh. I've seen the same amount of Americans pull the "race card" then any other race. "Hey, I've got me a luminous idea, why don't we all pull the hypocritical card, and call it even?" DONE.
Here is the difference you aren't getting. 1. Many Hispanic-Americans think that their ethnic group is above our laws in regards to illegal immigration and should be rewarded by allowing them to remain here and anyone who objects to that must be a racist. 2. Most non-Hispanic Americans are not advocating for that for their particular ethnic group or race and only want our immigration laws enforced. Think about it!

Old 09-09-2011, 08:00 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,555,443 times
Quote:
Oh, some student newspaper says they aren't racist, ergo nobody in this forum is?

Flawless logic, as usual!
Some biased poster on this forum says they are racist, ergo they are?

Typical deceptive statement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration