U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 08:03 AM

10,946 posts, read 7,976,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
I would agree with that.

Fortunately, the racist posters here provide us with plenty of evidence.
Yes, you certainly do.

Old 09-09-2011, 08:09 AM

10,946 posts, read 7,976,337 times
Quote:
Thank you for demonstrating that you don't understand what "racism" means.
True. Only a racist such as your self can understand what the term means, being as you assign the term at will. Of course only to those who disagree with your racist rants.

Old 09-09-2011, 11:26 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
Why don’t you enlighten us to the racism against illegal aliens? Also, please explain how opposition to lawlessness constitutes bigotry.

Old 09-09-2011, 11:33 AM

5,200 posts, read 4,106,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
What race are we affecting? I don't get the racist angle. I don't like criminals, illegal aliens are criminals. Are they all the same race? Are Somolians, Mexicans, Haitians, Russians the same race?

I got 12 kids on my baseball team. One Asian kid, two Hispanic kids, three black kids, and six white kids. How am I a racist?????????
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
True. Only a racist such as your self can understand what the term means, being as you assign the term at will. Of course only to those who disagree with your racist rants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Why don’t you enlighten us to the racism against illegal aliens? Also, please explain how opposition to lawlessness constitutes bigotry.

Yeah, I'd like to know too. Both questions.

Silly me, I thought racism had something to do with race.

Old 09-09-2011, 04:35 PM

1,574 posts, read 788,760 times
Both of those are completely bogus questions. You might as well ask how opposition to abortion makes one a vegetarian. I'm not claiming that anyone's "opposition to lawlessness" is what makes them a racist.

Likewise, the presence of some kids on a baseball team doesn't say anything at all about the coach's racism or lack thereof. But people who do think that this does prove something clearly don't understand what either racism or bigotry in the general sense are.

Old 09-09-2011, 04:44 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,285,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Very true and very good comeback, hats off to ya.

Old 09-09-2011, 04:44 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
There are many definitions of racism.
Racism simply put is the belief that one race is inherently superior to another.
Another would be those in power using their authority against a specific race soley due to them being of a different race.
In regards to illegal immigration that is simply untrue. Where some cry racism is due to hispanics being the focus or the poster child of illegal immigration. The fact that hispanics are the vast majority of offenders being the cause of this focus might ellude some supporters especially those who say our policies are racist.

Old 09-09-2011, 04:59 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,285,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Actually it is ok. Its just narrow minded and short sighted. Not to mention ignorant. Just as its ignorant to accuse people of being racist when its unfounded.
This forum taunts fly back and forth from all sides. Discussion gets heated and people say stupid things sometimes.
My bench mark for a racist. If they can look at children playing and hate on them because of race, ethnic back ground or culture then they are a true bigot. Anyone who can hate on kids well they are just as low as it gets.
We all know my stand on illegals. I have never seen a child I can hate by looking at them I dont and won't hate children of illegals. I dont even hate illegals. I hate the crimes they commit and the apparent sense of entitlment some have. I don't know any illegals well enough to hate them personally.

Wow never thought of it in the capacity you have put it in. Maybe time for me to get over the fact that a illegal killed someone very dear and close to me. And stop hating the whole race because of this. Literally speaking i do not hate the whole race, my best friends are Mexican and i love them. What i hate are those who come to this Country, without batting an eye, illegally. He was driving drunk, don't you dare tell me this did not happen, it sure as hell did.

I think so many of us don't hate illegals per say, because of their race, but because of the fact, that they are in our Country those of us born here, illegally. Some as i said yes have committed crimes, and because of the fact that so many of them, expect entitlements. I think that is what so many of us hate. I think what we hate, is the fact, that though they are here illegally, that they expect so much more from our Country then their own.

Old 09-09-2011, 05:01 PM

1,574 posts, read 788,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Anyone who can hate on kids well they are just as low as it gets.
Well you don't have to look very hard to find plenty of that in this forum.

Old 09-09-2011, 05:07 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Wow never thought of it in the capacity you have put it in. Maybe time for me to get over the fact that a illegal killed someone very dear and close to me. And stop hating the whole race because of this. He was driving drunk, don't you dare tell me this did not happen, it sure as hell did.

I think so many of us don't hate illegals per say, because of their race, but because of the fact, that they are in our Country those of us born here, illegally. Some as i said yes have committed crimes, and because of the fact that so many of them, expect entitlements. I think that is what so many of us hate. I think what we hate, is the fact, that though they are here illegally, that they expect so much more from our Country then their own.
Well Jewel not sure what part of my post even elluded to drunk driving illegals and I certainly never questioned your word about what happened in your life.
I agree many hate on illegals for the entitlment mentality many have and the obvious abuse of our freedoms and social systems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or