U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2011, 01:20 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,244,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
I'm not an illegal. If I were an illegal and I were here, wouldn't that implicitly show that I were willing to risk jail/deportation? I mean I'm happy to see that the only argument you have left is to question my manhood, but I don't realy see what this has to do with anything.
Then you got the guts to face gettin arrestd for what you believe in.

Old 09-10-2011, 01:34 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,884,915 times
Quote:
I don't know if I'd say "all" but a whole lot of it is.
Again, based on what, other than your pro-illegal stance?

Quote:
Oh, come on. There are plenty of them on this very forum. You see the people whining that they have to "press 1 for english" or that Miami is "turning into little havana." Stuff like that is 100% completely independent of legal status.
Help me understand how one’s annoyance at having to “press 1” for English is independent of legal status. I have lived in this country my entire life, and prior to this invasion, NEVER had that requirement, despite the presence of millions of Hispanics. So, please explain how illegal immigration is not directly related to the current Spanish language accommodations.

Quote:
Assume whatever you want.
You could easily resolve this matter by simply supporting your assertion. Your failure indicates you can’t. It’s just that simple.

Old 09-10-2011, 03:20 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,398,628 times
Quote:
I *do* think the underlying reason immigration controls were enacted in the first place is because of bigotry and xenophobia. And I think most people who are anti-immigrant are bigots. But not all of them (but again, this number is very small).

You really do BELIEVE this????

We allow more people from across the globe to become citizens of this country every year than any other country in the world. The highest percentage of those are Hispanic (so I guess you could call that racist/bigoted if you really stretched it). There is no way in Hades that you could connect xenophobia to that. Being against someone that doesn't follow the rules when they play the game does not make anyone a bigot. Strange concept.

Old 09-10-2011, 03:33 PM

5,214 posts, read 4,140,786 times
Quote:
Yes, ending unjust laws "favors" people that the unjust laws are unjust to.
Changing immigration laws to help (criminaliens), is like raising the alscohol limit to cure drunk driving.

Accusation of racism offensive, untrue-mexi2-1-.gif

Old 09-10-2011, 03:41 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,211,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
You quite obviously have a problem keeping the definitions of words separated. You constantly interchange "bigotry" with "racism", "ethnicities" and "cultures" and seem fine with it, until you are called on it and then claim innocence.

In other words, you are admitting that you have no basis in fact for your "arguments", just trying to spin it as you go along.
I'd like to know who in here is anti-immigrant, wouldn't you? I know many are anti-illegal immigration, however. I guess pointing out the "fact" that most illegals here are from Mexico and are hispanic is considered to be racism and bigotry?

Old 09-10-2011, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
Again!!!!

There is no way in Hades to compare an illegal with a slave. That is preposterous.

If our immigration laws are unjust, explain how changing them helps the United States.

If we allow people from specific countries only, we are racist and bigoted. If we allow unfettered entry from any country, do you see any problems with that?
I agree, I would say that the true bigots and racists against Americans are those who do support illegal immigration from mostly one group and unfettered immigration into our country.

Old 09-10-2011, 06:54 PM

10,946 posts, read 8,024,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I'd like to know who in here is anti-immigrant, wouldn't you? I know many are anti-illegal immigration, however. I guess pointing out the "fact" that most illegals here are from Mexico and are hispanic is considered to be racism and bigotry?
What the illegals supporters just can't seem to remember is that hispanic or mexican is not a race. It is an ethnic group.

Some bigotry, possible. Racism, just a political ploy by the illegals and their supporters.

Old 09-10-2011, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Ending slavery favored slaves. Agree or disagree?
In the long run yes. In the short run, many former slaves had it worse than they did as slaves. Or don't you read history? The real history, not the stuff you make up.

Old 09-10-2011, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Well the primary counterargument is something ridiculous like "XYZ isn't a race" as if that somehow excuses the bigotry. Using bigotry just gives the bigots less wiggle room. Sorry if that makes you uncomfortable.
What makes me "uncomfortable" is seeing you continue to miss use terms that you obviously don't understand in your feeble attempts to justify your untenable position, using "racism" and "bigotry" as interchangeable terms when they are not. You admit this in one statement and then continue to do so in your next statement.

A complete break down of your position. But go ahead, make yourself look even sillier.

Old 09-10-2011, 09:37 PM

Right, a lot of racists are not white and do not wear white hoods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or