Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2011, 09:49 AM

1,421 posts, read 1,490,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
Yes, ending unjust laws "favors" people that the unjust laws are unjust to.

Ending slavery "favored" slaves.
rhymetime: are you WILLING to get arrestd an put in jail an risk deportation to fight for what you believe in? IF your an illegal alien. If you dont have the cojones, say it.

Old 09-10-2011, 10:22 AM

1,574 posts, read 1,018,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
Again!!!!

There is no way in Hades to compare an illegal with a slave. That is preposterous.
Ending slavery favored slaves. Agree or disagree?

Old 09-10-2011, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
rhymetime: are you WILLING to get arrestd an put in jail an risk deportation to fight for what you believe in? IF your an illegal alien. If you dont have the cojones, say it.
I'm not an illegal. If I were an illegal and I were here, wouldn't that implicitly show that I were willing to risk jail/deportation? I mean I'm happy to see that the only argument you have left is to question my manhood, but I don't realy see what this has to do with anything.

Old 09-10-2011, 10:58 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,555,982 times
Quote:
Both of those are completely bogus questions. You might as well ask how opposition to abortion makes one a vegetarian. I'm not claiming that anyone's "opposition to lawlessness" is what makes them a racist.

Likewise, the presence of some kids on a baseball team doesn't say anything at all about the coach's racism or lack thereof. But people who do think that this does prove something clearly don't understand what either racism or bigotry in the general sense are.
You have repeatedly accused members of this board of racism. Yet, you’ve been unable to demonstrate how opposition to illegal immigration, in and of itself, is tantamount to racism/bigotry. Please support your assertion.

Old 09-10-2011, 11:01 AM

Quote:
That’s a no-brainer. But, how do illegal aliens compare to slaves?

Old 09-10-2011, 11:16 AM

3,204 posts, read 2,866,889 times
Quote:

Slaves were brought here against their will, right? DUH!!!!!

Old 09-10-2011, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
You have repeatedly accused members of this board of racism. Yet, you’ve been unable to demonstrate how opposition to illegal immigration, in and of itself, is tantamount to racism/bigotry. Please support your assertion.
I don't think that opposition to illegal immigration in and of itself is tantamount to racism or bigotry, so of course I've been unable to demonstrate that.

People like tinman, for example, seem to have rationales for their opposition that are not rooted in irrational hatred.

Old 09-10-2011, 11:36 AM

I *do* think the underlying reason immigration controls were enacted in the first place is because of bigotry and xenophobia. And I think most people who are anti-immigrant are bigots. But not all of them (but again, this number is very small).

Old 09-10-2011, 12:03 PM

Quote:
I don't think that opposition to illegal immigration in and of itself is tantamount to racism or bigotry, so of course I've been unable to demonstrate that.

People like tinman, for example, seem to have rationales for their opposition that are not rooted in irrational hatred.
Are you suggesting that other than tinman, all opposition to illegal immigration on this board is rooted in irrational hatred? If so, please elaborate. Also, since you specified “irrational” hatred, in your opinion, is there a difference between rational and irrational hatred?

Quote:
I *do* think the underlying reason immigration controls were enacted in the first place is because of bigotry and xenophobia. And I think most people who are anti-immigrant are bigots. But not all of them (but again, this number is very small).
I don’t know any anti-immigrant people. However, I do know many who oppose illegal immigration, and justifiably so. Since you have yet to provide concrete examples of the bigotry and xenophobia in our immigration laws, I will assume this is merely your opinion, influenced by your pro-illegal stance, and your disdain for those with opposing views you deem irrational.

Old 09-10-2011, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Are you suggesting that other than tinman, all opposition to illegal immigration on this board is rooted in irrational hatred?
I don't know if I'd say "all" but a whole lot of it is.

Quote:
I don’t know any anti-immigrant people. However, I do know many who oppose illegal immigration, and justifiably so.
Oh, come on. There are plenty of them on this very forum. You see the people whining that they have to "press 1 for english" or that Miami is "turning into little havana." Stuff like that is 100% completely independent of legal status.

Quote:
Since you have yet to provide concrete examples of the bigotry and xenophobia in our immigration laws, I will assume this is merely your opinion, influenced by your pro-illegal stance, and your disdain for those with opposing views you deem irrational.
Assume whatever you want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration