Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 05:20 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,727,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Martinez, who has drawn national attention and criticism from immigrant groups for trying to stop illegal immigrants from getting driver's licenses, has acknowledged her paternal grandparents came to the U.S. illegally.
"I know they arrived without documents, especially my father's father," the Republican said Wednesday in an interview in Spanish with KLUZ-TV, the Albuquerque Univision affiliate.
Martinez's grandparents - Ben Smith - POLITICO.com

What a hypocrite.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2011, 05:27 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,274,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
How is she a hypocrite? She can't help what her grandparents did. She can't be for the rule of law just because her grandparents weren't? If I had a bank robber in my ancestry should I approve of bank robbery?

Everytime a Hispanic doesn't tow the raza line they get accused of being "vendidos" to their own ethnic kind by the ethnocentrics.

Old 09-08-2011, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
How is she a hypocrite? She can't help what her grandparents did. She can't be for the rule of law just because her grandparents weren't? If I had a bank robber in my ancestry should I approve of bank robbery?

Everytime a Hispanic doesn't tow the raza line they get accused of being "vendidos" to their own ethnic kind by the ethnocentrics.
Here is why she is a hypocrite. I believe she supports repealing birthright citizenship!

Old 09-08-2011, 06:06 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,151,291 times
Many from my fathers side were alcoholics. I dont have a good thing to say about drunks. Am I a hypocrite?
She is admitting that illegal immigration is wrong and shouldnt be rewarded. She is correct.

Old 09-08-2011, 06:07 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,829,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post

And the reverse isn't possible for someone perceived as "White"?...

First, it isn't "Rule of Law" when she is attempting to change that law...

What about the supposition that she doesn't belong here being descended from at least one illegal immigrant?...

Her father is an "Anchor Baby", and she is an "Anchor Grandbaby"...

Old 09-08-2011, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
And the reverse isn't possible for someone perceived as "White"?...

First, it isn't "Rule of Law" when she is attempting to change that law...

What about the supposition that she doesn't belong here being descended from at least one illegal immigrant?...

Her father is an "Anchor Baby", and she is an "Anchor Grandbaby"...
I don't recall any whites calling other whites "race traitors" because they don't approve of illegal immigration by white people.

The rule of law in this case was her grandparents not following our immigration laws and yet she is opposed to illegal immigration. She got called a hypocrite for that.

I have never stated that anchor babies aren't citizens by law according to the current interpretation of the 14th on birthright citizenship, so what are you talking about?

Old 09-08-2011, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Here is why she is a hypocrite. I believe she supports repealing birthright citizenship!
That doesn't make her a hypocrite. Just because she gained citizenship from her grandparent's illegal entry and the birth of her parents that should play no role in her opinion that birthright citizenship gained in this manner is not what the intention of the 14th was. It means she is a sensible, patriotic American, not a hypocrite.

Old 09-08-2011, 07:29 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,485,312 times
Quote:
Things were diferent back in the day. My moms mom was here illegaly but got her amnesty in 1986. She was from Juarez but lived in El Paso most her life. Nana passed a few years back.

Just cause some of MY people were illegal dont make me in favor of amnesty. Things are diferent now with the bad economy an to many people like me are STILL mad bout those demos in 2006.

Old 09-08-2011, 07:34 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,485,312 times
Quote:

So do I. Things change an its time to shut down the gravy train.

Old 09-08-2011, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
So do I. Things change an its time to shut down the gravy train.
Lol, you are a hypocrite as well. Opposing things that you personally benefited from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration