U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 08:33 PM

25,374 posts, read 37,689,359 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Do you know how expensive and impossible it is to deport all illegals? Do you know how expensive it is to build a fence along the border?
Do you know how much it cost to have an illegal who murders a person, be on trial for the death penalty and how much grief a person is causing?

To me that is worth it, but better to prevent it and have criminals be deported. Illegals are criminals since we (I'm a foreigner) came through the front door, paid to have our background checked and it took month's to get the papers done. To me illegals don't belong here and should be sent back and apply just as we did.

Build that wall and if a person doesn't have anything else on their record they can apply 10 years after having left the Country...incl. Obama's aunt and uncle and the rest of his family that might be here in an illegal way!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

3,493 posts, read 2,397,671 times
Many of us simply don't want to provide any fiscal incentives to keep illegals here. You don't have to deport. You just have to stop rewarding people and they'll go home. Anyone six months pregnant or more should be turned away at the border. The supreme court decision granting their offspring free schooling should be repealed. No passing the dream act. Confiscation of any assets they've earned here. An illegal parent should not be able to give birth to an American citizen let alone claim all sorts of welfare benefits based on that child.

FYI, I am not a conservative. But I despise illegals. They are lazy, arrogant, stupid criminals. They lower wages, crowd schools, create a sense of anarchy and compete for jobs with our own suffering poor people. They also impose huge costs on the middle class who must pay for their schooling and health care.

8,743 posts, read 10,038,464 times
Quote:
Do you know how expensive and impossible it is to deport all illegals? Do you know how expensive it is to build a fence along the border?
Do you know how expensive it is for us when they come here in high numbers pregnant and having anchor babies?

Then going on welfare for as long as they can all the while having more babies and then getting more welfare and taking American jobs as they leech off more welfare.

Then we educate their kids for free and I could go on.

Don't get me started.

Old 09-09-2011, 08:50 PM

10,543 posts, read 11,728,153 times
Quote:
I thought the left liked mass transportation. Think of all the jobs that would stimulate.

Old 09-09-2011, 08:58 PM

9,857 posts, read 6,781,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I am all for cracking down on and very stiff penalities for those Employers, Companies, who hire illegals knowingly and willingly.
Yes, you have to take away the candy.

No entitlement program access either.

Old 09-09-2011, 08:58 PM

17,022 posts, read 9,139,849 times
Rggr,
"I thought the left liked mass transportation. Think of all the jobs that would stimulate."

LMAO!

Old 09-09-2011, 08:59 PM

9,857 posts, read 6,781,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
I thought the left liked mass transportation. Think of all the jobs that would stimulate.
The left seem to have the trasportation business booming everywhere between foreclosured and closing jobs. Moving van companiew are booming.

Old 09-09-2011, 10:14 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,958,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
Yes, deporting the illegals would be a great stimulus kind of job creation. Plus no one should mind if the government goes after the assets of all who hire illegals, it would be great for the dishonest businesses that bring in illegals are shut down and the honest businesses that hire Americans can flourish.

And no one should object to any illegal showing up in a welfare office to pick up food stamps being deported and to make sure no households of illegals are receiving any food stamps, WIC, medicaid and so on. No one should object to making sure illegals receive no government handouts even in behalf of their anchor babies - because the pro-illegals insist no illegals have babies here to get welfare handouts, and the rest of us would love to see the welfare handouts cut off.

Old 09-09-2011, 11:55 PM

18,194 posts, read 13,363,334 times
Quote:
It might be "expensive and impossible" in your universe which is devoid and totally bereft of any imagination, but not in my universe.

The last I heard there were animals like National Guard engineer battalions, and Army Reserve engineer battalions and brigades, and Naval Reserve construction groups.

Last I heard there were prisons in Texas, Oklahoma, New Mexico and Arizona too.

What moron would build a fence?

I would dig a ditch, 100 feet deep and 300 feet wide all across the Texas/Mexico border. It would be a pretty ditch, with landscaping on the bottom, lots of shrubbery and grasses and wild flowers.

And when the ditch was finished, I'd close the borders of the US, except for diplomatic and military (NATO) visas.

And then I would go on national television and ask real nicely that all illegal aliens leave the US. I'd let the media sit at entry/exit ports. I wouldn't hassle the immigrants. All I'd want is statistical information: gender, age and country of origin. And why would I want that? So everyone would know how many illegals were in the US.

After 30 days, I'd go on national television and order all illegal aliens to leave the US. Except now I'm not going to be so nice. All aliens get a 10-year interdiction, and I would confiscate all of their personal possessions and money.

How many illegals would leave the US? I don't know. It doesn't really matter, because 30 days later, I would go on national television at exactly 9:50 PM Eastern Time and announce that effective at midnight, any natural born or naturalized US citizen over 21 years old and qualified to obtain a hand-gun permit is now deputized as US Border Police and pay a bounty of $10,000 for every illegal alien that was captured and deported.

I would authorize the use of force up to and including the use of deadly force to apprehend an illegal and there would be no sanctuary, except police stations and military bases. All deputies would be authorized to enter any building in pursuit of illegals, and that includes churches and lawyer's offices. Deputies are authorized to confiscate any property where illegals live or work or are hiding, and I would auction that property off to pay the bounties owed, plus pay for the cost of the Beautiful Ditch.

In addition to confiscating all of the possession and money from the illegals, I'd order DNA samples to be taken from the illegals and they and their descendants for seven generations would be banned from entering the US for any reason.

So depending on the time zone, the illegals would have a 2 hour to 6 hour head start to un-ass the US before the deputies descended on them.

I would allow the illegals to keep their possessions and wealth, if they gave up the landlords and employers they worked for, and then I would go deal with them.

For starters, I can think of Title 18 USC 2 Aiding and Abetting:

Quote:
Principals
(a) Whoever commits an offense against the United States or aids, abets,
counsels, commands, induces or procures its commission, is punishable as a principal.

(b) Whoever willfully causes an act to be done which if directly performed
by him or another would be an offense against the United States, is punishable as a principal.
I wouldn't waste the jail space, but I'll collect the fines.

Old 09-10-2011, 12:29 AM

1,717 posts, read 2,517,542 times
No fence is needed. Take all non-violent prison inmates, train and arm them, disperse them along the border and for every illegal sniped they receive a 30 day reduction off their sentence. Hispanics and gang members are ineligible so for the inmates not meeting their quota on the border, just bring them back and shoot the ineligible in the rec yard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration