U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-15-2011, 05:35 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,152,437 times
Reputation: 2130

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
I agree, just wanted to point at conflicts most humans have with political opinions.

The reason millions of illegals are here is that many people from all parties have interest to let them in:
1) For employers (many with conservative opinions) they are an excellent source of cheap labor, people who are afraid of the law. Its easy not to declare something undocumented in the first place.
2) Democrats envision millions of potential voters which may give them a "permanent majority"...
3) The hispanic community prefers those who make them feel at home. Now they are the "old" guard...
4) Crazed human rights activists are looking for any possible cause to harass the government.
Therefore, all these combined, proved stronger then the common sense in this case.

And today the situation deteriorated to the point that there is no practical way (regardless of money) to get rid of all illegals. If they all leave at once, many industries will simply collapse. That's a fact.
I disagree with your last remark. There may be an adjustment at first but in the long run Americans will be back to work and our country will be much better off in so many ways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-15-2011, 05:35 PM
 
Location: NW Las Vegas - Lone Mountain
15,756 posts, read 32,498,817 times
Reputation: 2661
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
Would you please stop living in this fantasy world where you feel like you KNOW exactly what every person who opposes illegal immigration feels about an illegal immigrant? You try to play this idea out that those of us who are against illegal immigration have no other perspective or understanding of illegal immigrants. I have known people and been either a friend or an associate with those who are here illegally, I know that all aren't bad people and have shared moments of life with them. With that said, that doesn't mean that I still don't feel the way I don't about illegal immigration. There are many of us who are good people, kind, compassionate but we still want to protect the future and security of the country and our families, neighborhoods and cities.
Do you read this list?

Don't you know that all illegals who cross the border are actually 18 year old females impregnated with triplets by a representative of the drug cartels?

Gosh you have been missing the message...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2011, 05:38 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,152,437 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
Would you please stop living in this fantasy world where you feel like you KNOW exactly what every person who opposes illegal immigration feels about an illegal immigrant? You try to play this idea out that those of us who are against illegal immigration have no other perspective or understanding of illegal immigrants. I have known people and been either a friend or an associate with those who are here illegally, I know that all aren't bad people and have shared moments of life with them. With that said, that doesn't mean that I still don't feel the way I don't about illegal immigration. There are many of us who are good people, kind, compassionate but we still want to protect the future and security of the country and our families, neighborhoods and cities.
I agree. It is the act of illegal immigration that is bothersome to me. It is just a fact that they all have at least violated our immigration laws. Many if not most are working here without authorization and in some or many cases by using fake documents. There are other crimes that "some"also commit but the bottom line is regardless of how nice or bad they are illegal immigration is hurting our country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2011, 05:39 PM
 
Location: NW Las Vegas - Lone Mountain
15,756 posts, read 32,498,817 times
Reputation: 2661
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I disagree with your last remark. There may be an adjustment at first but in the long run Americans will be back to work and our country will be much better off in so many ways.
But of course you would. Anytime reality intrudes on your sacred beliefs you disagree...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2011, 05:44 PM
 
3,951 posts, read 3,583,774 times
Reputation: 1270
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I agree. It is the act of illegal immigration that is bothersome to me. It is just a fact that they all have at least violated our immigration laws. Many if not most are working here without authorization and in some or many cases by using fake documents. There are other crimes that "some"also commit but the bottom line is regardless of how nice or bad they are illegal immigration is hurting our country.
I hear you. I am concerned about the future. I've become very stingy as a citizen of the United States and I say that honestly, bluntly and openly. Not just for me, but for other citizens and legal immigrants. Really, it just doesn't seem like there is enough to go around. It's pretty messed up that people can just walk in and start reaping the benefits. We live in a great country and I think people should have the chance to be here honestly and not try to rape it or take away from the people that are here legally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2011, 05:45 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,816,809 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Illegal aliens don't qualify for government aid.

Next
Subsidized Housing. . .

Quote:
Untold thousands of illegal immigrants live in public housing at a time when hundreds of thousands of citizens and legal residents are stuck waiting years for a spot.

The issue made headlines in November with news that Zeituni Onyango, an aunt of President-elect Barack Obama, was living in Boston public housing while in the country illegally.

Massachusetts, where Obama's aunt occupied one of about 50,000 state-funded units, doesn't ask immigration status under a 1977 federal consent decree in a class-action lawsuit that prohibits the state from denying the benefit to illegal immigrants.
Many illegal immigrants live in public housing - USATODAY.com

Welfare. . .

Quote:
In fiscal year 1995, about $1.1 billion in welfare and food stamp benefits were provided to illegal aliens with citizen children.
U.S. GAO - Illegal Aliens: Extent of Welfare Benefits Received on Behalf of U.S. Citizen Children

Note, the latest GAO report is for the fiscal year 1995. I wonder why they haven’t released one showing the current costs.

Quote:
All children born on U.S. soil are automatically granted U.S. citizenship. This allows many illegal immigrant mothers to qualify for national, state and local welfare programs. While this process is not explicitly illegal, it does allow otherwise ineligible women to receive welfare benefits.
Quote:
State Children's Health Insurance Program (SCHIP) is a welfare program designed to provide low-income children with medical care. Some states have made it possible for illegal mothers to apply on behalf of kids with "unqualified children" status.
Can an Illegal Alien Mother Receive Welfare Assistance While Living in the United States? | eHow.com

Food Stamps. . .

Quote:
I am undocumented but my children are citizens. Can I get food stamps for them?

Yes. Even though you cannot get food stamps for yourself, you should be able to get food stamps for your children if they are U.S. citizens or eligible immigrants. Even if you or your family members can't get food stamps, you can still get school lunch and breakfast, WIC, and go to soup kitchens, community food banks, meals on wheels and other food programs.
Powered by Google Docs


Florida Heroin Kingpin is Illegal Alien on FOODSTAMPS! - YouTube



Obama's Illegal Aunt: "You Have The Obligation to Make Me a Citizen" - YouTube



Next.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2011, 05:47 PM
 
3,951 posts, read 3,583,774 times
Reputation: 1270
Benicar, you just shut them down. LOL You pretty much laid all the facts out there. I know that illegal immigrants are receiving welfare, I know this for a fact. Plus, there are tons of people in the administrative offices that help them get what they need.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2011, 06:55 PM
 
Location: NW Las Vegas - Lone Mountain
15,756 posts, read 32,498,817 times
Reputation: 2661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Subsidized Housing. . .

Many illegal immigrants live in public housing - USATODAY.com

Did you read it. Under 1% except for under 2% in San Diego. You bellieve that threatens the US public housing supply?


Quote:
Welfare. . .

U.S. GAO - Illegal Aliens: Extent of Welfare Benefits Received on Behalf of U.S. Citizen Children

Note, the latest GAO report is for the fiscal year 1995. I wonder why they havenít released one showing the current costs.
So you think it wrong for Americans of Hispanic roots to get assistance. Is that not xenophobic?



And you further suggest other legal aliens along with American Citizens should not recieve appropriate welfare?

Quote:
Food Stamps. . .


Powered by Google Docs




Next.
Uhh we got a purported drug king pin under house arrest...receiving food stamps? And this is whose fault? His parole officer probably signed him up.

And somehow Obama's Aunt..who is legal. Is germane to an illegal thread?

YOu guys continue to spread it wide. But it sure ain't very deep.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2011, 07:12 PM
 
5,532 posts, read 5,717,008 times
Reputation: 3146
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I disagree with your last remark. There may be an adjustment at first but in the long run Americans will be back to work and our country will be much better off in so many ways.
You are wrong. At this point, it is impossible to replace all or most illegals. Maybe in the past that was still an option. You also forget the way our economy works: if a business loses money for a while, they are out. There is no breath for any long term adjustments. Not today. Not anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
ohh this is going to be good...


1) But it is always pointed out here that the employers can bring them in free and don't need illegals.

And lots of people here have pointed out that Americans are much better workers and will work for any legal salary at this point.

So it really does not make any sense for an employer does it?
Are you following the usual BS that propagandists repeat, or are you talking real world? In reality, visas for foreign workers are capped. Nobody can bring in anyone "free". Also the illegals are not treated according to our labour laws. Many are paid sub minimal wages and employers do not pay payroll taxes. Some are paid late or not at all...
American are much better workers? Such generalizations are always inaccurate. For unskilled labour, they can bring in 2-3 illegals for each US citizen.
Quote:
well perhaps in ten years and four or five states. What about the rest of the country.
Not so. The very large hispanic community (already here) is expected to vote for "pro immigration" candidates and parties. And in the future, if you have 5 guranteed states the presidency may be in your pocket. Don't forget that with many children, there will be a constant flow of voters. That is a huge advantage against a party that has prospect to little or no natural growth.
Quote:
So these guys are coming in to make their predecessors feel superior? Wow
In a way they do.
Quote:

Why not just run around naked by the Lincoln memorial or something? More fun and less work.
Some folks are addicted to political "activism" as others are to drugs. Just read the forum and you can't miss them. They are always on hunt for "human rights" violations (no matter how obscure or minor). As long as it supports their bias against US governments, they will do everything possible. Including protests (which governments fear), superior court, bashing states in the media and on the internet, blogs, etc. They are absolutely one big reason illegal immigration grew to current proportions.
Quote:
Did it ever occur to you that maybe the illegals come for work and to make money? And then stay because they like it here?
It's not important why illegals come. If America (like any sovereign country) decided it doesn't tolerate this form of immigration, it wouldn't exist.
Quote:

And that the reason they got away with it was no one gave a big enough damn to stop them?
Not so. As I said, the unholy coalition of illegal immigration supporters, is stronger than the opposition (in reality, not in public declarations). One reason is because the support comes from multiple directions, some working hard underground. If only democrats supported this form of immigration, they would had been defeated long ago.

Last edited by oberon_1; 10-15-2011 at 07:23 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2011, 07:30 PM
 
Location: NW Las Vegas - Lone Mountain
15,756 posts, read 32,498,817 times
Reputation: 2661
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post

Are you following the usual BS that propagandists repeat, or are you talking real world? In reality, visas for foreign workers are capped. Nobody can bring in anyone "free". Also the illegals are not treated according to our labour laws. Many are paid sub minimal wages and employers do not pay payroll taxes. Some are paid late or not at all...
American are much better workers? Such generalizations are always inaccurate. For unskilled labour, they can bring in 2-3 illegals for each US citizen.
Well of course they are real. I heard all that right here on this list. And we all know these people are totally into reality.

Quote:
Not so. The very large hispanic community (already here) is expected to vote for "pro immigration" candidates and parties. And in the future, if you have 5 guranteed states the presidency may be in your pocket. Don't forget that with many children, there will be a constant flow of voters. That is a huge advantage against a party that has prospect to little or no natural growth.
So you think TX is guaranteed to be pro-illegal and pro-Democrat? and AZ and NV...boy it is going to be interesting watching all that happen...

Quote:
In a way they do.
Some folks are addicted to political "activism" as others are to drugs. Just read the forum and you can't miss them. They are always on hunt for "human rights" violations (no matter how obscure or minor). As long as it supports their bias against US governments, they will do everything possible. Including protests (which governments fear), superior court, bashing states in the media and on the internet, blogs, etc. They are absolutely one big reason illegal immigration grew to current proportions.
Oh really and these activists did it because it makes them feel good and the feds feel bad? Would not running around the Lincoln Memorial naked have the same impact?

Quote:
It's not important why illegals come. If America (like any sovereign country) decided it doesn't tolerate this form of immigration, it wouldn't exist.
Not so. As I said, the interests of illegal immigration advocates, are stronger than those who oppose it (in reality, not in speeches). One reason is because the support comes from multiple directions, some working hard underground. If only democrats supported this immigration, they would had been defeated long ago.
Ohhh I got it. Like drugs. The sovereign US decided 80 years ago that it would have no illlegal drugs...and sure enough no drugs out there are there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top