U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-15-2011, 08:48 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,834,008 times
Reputation: 3028

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Did you read it. Under 1% except for under 2% in San Diego. You bellieve that threatens the US public housing supply?
Yes, I do. Illegal aliens should not be living in subsidized housing, period. Furthermore, these are guesstimates. No one knows the actual numbers.
And, I suppose you missed the fact that while illegals are receiving these benefits, citizens are waiting in line. I find that very disturbing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
So you think it wrong for Americans of Hispanic roots to get assistance. Is that not xenophobic?
Perhaps you’d like to quote my opposition to “Americans of Hispanic roots” receiving assistance. But, of course, you can’t. Is that not a LIE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
And you further suggest other legal aliens along with American Citizens should not recieve appropriate welfare?
Yet, another LIE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Uhh we got a purported drug king pin under house arrest...receiving food stamps? And this is whose fault? His parole officer probably signed him up.
It was an appropriate response to the poster. How or why he received food stamps is irrelevant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
And somehow Obama's Aunt..who is legal. Is germane to an illegal thread?
Was she LEGAL during the majority of her parasitic existence in this country? I think not. So yes, Obama’s aunt, an ILLEGAL ALIEN who received tax-funded disability payments, while living in tax-funded housing, despite ignoring a deportation order, is very germane to the issue of illegal immigration. Her recent status adjustment does not negate the fact that she sponged off taxpayers for years while living in this country illegally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
YOu guys continue to spread it wide. But it sure ain't very deep.
You’re entitled to your opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-15-2011, 08:50 PM
 
Location: California
2,477 posts, read 1,715,573 times
Reputation: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Many illegal immigrants live in public housing - USATODAY.com

Did you read it. Under 1% except for under 2% in San Diego. You bellieve that threatens the US public housing supply?
Did you not understand the question and Benicars response? (by the way, you misspelled believe) It's not a question as to the percentage it is a fact that they should not be receiving it to begin with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
So you think it wrong for Americans of Hispanic roots to get assistance. Is that not xenophobic?
Xenophobic is the wrong word, check your dictionary. Do you think it right for illegal aliens to receive monies that they are not subject to receiving?

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
And you further suggest other legal aliens along with American Citizens should not recieve appropriate welfare?
Legal aliens are denied welfare for 5 years upon receiving LPR status. Nothing further was suggested by Benicar. You seem to somehow believe anybody that can make into the USA is entitled to what ever we have and are equal to citizens simply by being here. You are advocating things that aren't reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Uhh we got a purported drug king pin under house arrest...receiving food stamps? And this is whose fault? His parole officer probably signed him up.

And somehow Obama's Aunt..who is legal. Is germane to an illegal thread?

YOu guys continue to spread it wide. But it sure ain't very deep.
Aunt Zeituni was here illegally due to her order of deportation years ago, same as Uncle Onyango. Zeituni has received asylum recently, prior to that she was living in public assisted housing while an illegal. Because she was granted asylum doesn't change the facts.

It appears you stepped in it and the smell is coming from you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2011, 08:53 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,166,436 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
You are wrong. At this point, it is impossible to replace all or most illegals. Maybe in the past that was still an option. You also forget the way our economy works: if a business loses money for a while, they are out. There is no breath for any long term adjustments. Not today. Not anymore.


Are you following the usual BS that propagandists repeat, or are you talking real world? In reality, visas for foreign workers are capped. Nobody can bring in anyone "free". Also the illegals are not treated according to our labour laws. Many are paid sub minimal wages and employers do not pay payroll taxes. Some are paid late or not at all...
American are much better workers? Such generalizations are always inaccurate. For unskilled labour, they can bring in 2-3 illegals for each US citizen.

Not so. The very large hispanic community (already here) is expected to vote for "pro immigration" candidates and parties. And in the future, if you have 5 guranteed states the presidency may be in your pocket. Don't forget that with many children, there will be a constant flow of voters. That is a huge advantage against a party that has prospect to little or no natural growth.
In a way they do.
Some folks are addicted to political "activism" as others are to drugs. Just read the forum and you can't miss them. They are always on hunt for "human rights" violations (no matter how obscure or minor). As long as it supports their bias against US governments, they will do everything possible. Including protests (which governments fear), superior court, bashing states in the media and on the internet, blogs, etc. They are absolutely one big reason illegal immigration grew to current proportions.

It's not important why illegals come. If America (like any sovereign country) decided it doesn't tolerate this form of immigration, it wouldn't exist.
Not so. As I said, the unholy coalition of illegal immigration supporters, is stronger than the opposition (in reality, not in public declarations). One reason is because the support comes from multiple directions, some working hard underground. If only democrats supported this form of immigration, they would had been defeated long ago.
No, you are wrong. The adjustment would be short term not long term. With the claim that there are 10 million illegals in our country and not all of them working there are more Americans out of work than that. I am all for a smaller economy to fit a smaller population anyway. Fewer people in this country is good for the environment and all the other demands that a population puts on the carrying capacity of a country.

There are no caps on the H-2A visas for agricultural workers and that IS the facts. For all other jobs there is very little need for "immigrants". We have enough able bodied Americans to work and keep our country afloat.

I never said that Americans are better workers but the pro-illegals sure have no problem claiming that illegals are superior workers. There are productive and lazy workers in every ethnic group/nationality.

They can bring in 2-3 illegals to replace an American and you're ok with that? Are you saying that our immigration laws mean nothing to you or that it's ok for an American to be put out of work this way? I may be wrong but it sure sounds that way.

Pro-"immigration" candidates? Excuse me, but I thought all candidates were pro-"immigrant"? There are many that are anti-illegal immigration though. Did you forget the word "illegal" in front of the word "immigrant? It is the typical spin by the pro-illegals. As for Hispanics why do so many of them vote on the basis of whether a candidate will give their illegal counterparts amnesty? Are they special and aren't beholding to our laws like everyone else?

"Regular law abiding Americans" are not tolerating illegal immigration. It is our corrupt government, the greedy employers, far left bleeding heart liberals and ethnocentrics. Which catagory are you in? You're right, it doesn't matter why illegals come here. The only thing that matters is that they are here in violation of our immigration laws and need to be deported according to our laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2011, 09:04 PM
 
Location: NW Las Vegas - Lone Mountain
15,756 posts, read 32,567,458 times
Reputation: 2661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Yes, I do. Illegal aliens should not be living in subsidized housing, period. Furthermore, these are guesstimates. No one knows the actual numbers.
And, I suppose you missed the fact that while illegals are receiving these benefits, citizens are waiting in line. I find that very disturbing.
What number would you find acceptable? Can't get it to zero. How much would you pay to drive it down another 0.5%. Can't enforce without paying for it. And note that apparently in Boston there is no requrement to demonstrate status for an apartment. So you got to go fix that first.

Quote:
Perhaps you’d like to quote my opposition to “Americans of Hispanic roots” receiving assistance. But, of course, you can’t. Is that not a LIE?
YOu objected to welfare to asylum seekers, the disabled and other legals as well as to the legal children of Hispanics. Why would you do that other than xenophobia?



Quote:
It was an appropriate response to the poster. How or why he received food stamps is irrelevant.
LOve it. A drug king pin under house arrest recieves food stamps and how or why is irrelevant. Gotta love it.


Quote:
Was she LEGAL during the majority of her parasitic existence in this country? I think not. So yes, Obama’s aunt, an ILLEGAL ALIEN who received tax-funded disability payments, while living in tax-funded housing, despite ignoring a deportation order, is very germane to the issue of illegal immigration. Her recent status adjustment does not negate the fact that she sponged off taxpayers for years while living in this country illegally.
You’re entitled to your opinion.[/quote]

Actually she started out legal went illegal and went back to legal. But only her present state is relevant unless you have changed your views.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2011, 09:20 PM
 
Location: California
2,477 posts, read 1,715,573 times
Reputation: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
What number would you find acceptable? Can't get it to zero. How much would you pay to drive it down another 0.5%. Can't enforce without paying for it. And note that apparently in Boston there is no requrement to demonstrate status for an apartment. So you got to go fix that first.
Why can't it get to zero? There is a requirement (you misspelled the word) in order to qualify for section 8 housing. Who is eligible? Eligibility for a housing voucher is determined based on the household's annual gross income and the PHA's definition of a family. Participation is limited to U.S. citizens and specified categories of non-citizens who have eligible immigration status. DSS: Housing Assistance - Section 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
LOve it. A drug king pin under house arrest recieves food stamps and how or why is irrelevant. Gotta love it.
Comprehend the question asked and the answer, or is the point not sharp enough to penetrate your thick head? (by the way you misspelled receives, and Love shouldn't have a capital O)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2011, 10:01 PM
 
1,770 posts, read 2,538,969 times
Reputation: 1155
With a day such as "Bank Transfer Day", we should include one more day: Report a business day. We've ALL been to places that has mexicans working there. Report those places on a certain day, let them get checked out.. all employees show ID as well as the owner showing their legal papers they signed when hired...

And we may clear up some jobs. Though some businesses may go out of business, but they deserve to if they don't want to hire us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2011, 10:14 PM
 
Location: NW Las Vegas - Lone Mountain
15,756 posts, read 32,567,458 times
Reputation: 2661
Quote:
Originally Posted by h0tmess View Post
With a day such as "Bank Transfer Day", we should include one more day: Report a business day. We've ALL been to places that has mexicans working there. Report those places on a certain day, let them get checked out.. all employees show ID as well as the owner showing their legal papers they signed when hired...

And we may clear up some jobs. Though some businesses may go out of business, but they deserve to if they don't want to hire us.
YOu folk don't listen. They won't respond because they have all the illegals they can handle. Their problem is sorting not finding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2011, 11:04 PM
 
3,493 posts, read 2,389,743 times
Reputation: 2345
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Illegal aliens don't qualify for government aid.

Next
California is handing them fourteen million in scholarship money.

Some morons in NY are planning to follow suit:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/15/ny...nandemigration

Quote:
The agenda, proposed by the state education commissioner, John B. King Jr., to the Board of Regents, has as a top priority a proposal to push Congress to pass legislation that would provide a path to citizenship for illegal immigrants who go to college. Included in that legislation, known as the Dream Act, is a provision that would give students who are in the country illegally access to tuition assistance at city and state universities. The agenda is expected to be approved.
This is the same place where the largest city in the city in the state just laid off hundreds of teacher's aides.

Crazy, huh? They don't even have the legal right to work here but we're supposed to give them a free college degree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Actually not in any significant way.

There is a need in the anti-ilegal community to cement their belief that these are bad people.

The hardworking Jose who just wants to make a nice living and be left alone makes it hard to maintain the bile level.

So we take what are likely true examples and pyramid them into a national problem. That the true is small and of little consequence is unimportant if it can be jawboned in a big deal.

The reason that analysis by the antis of the costs if illegals always includes the cost of their US born children...but they are not illegal...is that without that cost the cost goes away.

Why is that? Because it is the only large cost available. And any port in a storm.

Ohh there are some real costs. The one that still bugs me is the ER. We simply need to let the illegals use clinics and things or reimburse the hospitals. I just don't care for victimizating the hospitals that serve the poor because we can't otherwise deal with illegals.

But again...the antis make it politically impossible to reimburse the hospitals...and the illegals have no where else practical to go.
Nonsense. Mexico has national health insurance. Once the patient is stablized send them home and bill Mexico. Instead we bill Americans like me in the form of higher co-pays to pay for these lazy criminals.



Jose Illegal is not that nice. He does not want to be left alone. He wants to have babies he can't afford and he wants Americans to give him money for having done so. He's a demanding little creep who can't make it in his own country so he breaks into ours. He drives without a license or insurance, works under the table, lives here twenty years without learning English and overcrowds our schools with his brats. Worse, he raises his brats to think that Americans are evil people because we won't hand everyone his country the right to come here and get all kinds of free stuff from natives.

If Jose is held in contempt it's because he holds us in contempt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-16-2011, 01:38 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,840,989 times
Reputation: 22174
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
You are wrong. At this point, it is impossible to replace all or most illegals. Maybe in the past that was still an option. You also forget the way our economy works: if a business loses money for a while, they are out. There is no breath for any long term adjustments. Not today. Not anymore.


Are you following the usual BS that propagandists repeat, or are you talking real world? In reality, visas for foreign workers are capped. Nobody can bring in anyone "free". Also the illegals are not treated according to our labour laws. Many are paid sub minimal wages and employers do not pay payroll taxes. Some are paid late or not at all...
American are much better workers? Such generalizations are always inaccurate. For unskilled labour, they can bring in 2-3 illegals for each US citizen.

Not so. The very large hispanic community (already here) is expected to vote for "pro immigration" candidates and parties. And in the future, if you have 5 guranteed states the presidency may be in your pocket. Don't forget that with many children, there will be a constant flow of voters. That is a huge advantage against a party that has prospect to little or no natural growth.
In a way they do.
Some folks are addicted to political "activism" as others are to drugs. Just read the forum and you can't miss them. They are always on hunt for "human rights" violations (no matter how obscure or minor). As long as it supports their bias against US governments, they will do everything possible. Including protests (which governments fear), superior court, bashing states in the media and on the internet, blogs, etc. They are absolutely one big reason illegal immigration grew to current proportions.

It's not important why illegals come. If America (like any sovereign country) decided it doesn't tolerate this form of immigration, it wouldn't exist.
Not so. As I said, the unholy coalition of illegal immigration supporters, is stronger than the opposition (in reality, not in public declarations). One reason is because the support comes from multiple directions, some working hard underground. If only democrats supported this form of immigration, they would had been defeated long ago.
But why was it so very possible to replace at least that many Americans in the workplace? The way it would be very possible is to start fining businesses that bring in illegals, fine businesses and individuals at the very least $10,000 per illegal, and the costs of any medical care including maternity hospital stays that were incurred.

That way if the costs of the illegals are shoved onto the taxpayers, and those who bring them in had to pay for them, then it might become more profitable to hire Americans than to keep bringing in truckloads of illegals.

Yes businesses like illegals because they are a dirt-cheap labor force. The government can pay the real costs of them living here, and also the government can pay for the costs of keeping Americans unemployed. The big problem is though, the government is out of money.

And yes the politicians are looking at easy votes, but the politicians aren't doing all that well if you notice. Obama's approval rating is quite low, and the pro-open borders candidate of the other party isn't doing nearly as well in the polls as they expected, and Cain whose campaign has very little money compared to huge campaign money that Romney and Perry have has passed them in popularity.

Yes, the big money wants the open borders candidates, but obviously the people aren't interested in them. And the hispanic vote isn't the monolith they like to believe it is, they aren't necessarily a one-issue ethnic group all supporting massive and unlimited illegal immigration and the displacement of the American people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-16-2011, 03:32 AM
 
387 posts, read 511,917 times
Reputation: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
20,000,000 x $50 each (fare & box lunch)= 1,000,000,000
(someone check my math)

Greyhound is running the routes anyway... maybe they'll discount?
Check your math lots of illegals come from other countries where one way tkt is $1000-$1500
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top