Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2011, 05:35 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,310,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
I agree, just wanted to point at conflicts most humans have with political opinions.

The reason millions of illegals are here is that many people from all parties have interest to let them in:
1) For employers (many with conservative opinions) they are an excellent source of cheap labor, people who are afraid of the law. Its easy not to declare something undocumented in the first place.
2) Democrats envision millions of potential voters which may give them a "permanent majority"...
3) The hispanic community prefers those who make them feel at home. Now they are the "old" guard...
4) Crazed human rights activists are looking for any possible cause to harass the government.
Therefore, all these combined, proved stronger then the common sense in this case.

And today the situation deteriorated to the point that there is no practical way (regardless of money) to get rid of all illegals. If they all leave at once, many industries will simply collapse. That's a fact.
I disagree with your last remark. There may be an adjustment at first but in the long run Americans will be back to work and our country will be much better off in so many ways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2011, 05:35 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,177,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
Would you please stop living in this fantasy world where you feel like you KNOW exactly what every person who opposes illegal immigration feels about an illegal immigrant? You try to play this idea out that those of us who are against illegal immigration have no other perspective or understanding of illegal immigrants. I have known people and been either a friend or an associate with those who are here illegally, I know that all aren't bad people and have shared moments of life with them. With that said, that doesn't mean that I still don't feel the way I don't about illegal immigration. There are many of us who are good people, kind, compassionate but we still want to protect the future and security of the country and our families, neighborhoods and cities.
Do you read this list?

Don't you know that all illegals who cross the border are actually 18 year old females impregnated with triplets by a representative of the drug cartels?

Gosh you have been missing the message...

Old 10-15-2011, 05:38 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,310,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
Would you please stop living in this fantasy world where you feel like you KNOW exactly what every person who opposes illegal immigration feels about an illegal immigrant? You try to play this idea out that those of us who are against illegal immigration have no other perspective or understanding of illegal immigrants. I have known people and been either a friend or an associate with those who are here illegally, I know that all aren't bad people and have shared moments of life with them. With that said, that doesn't mean that I still don't feel the way I don't about illegal immigration. There are many of us who are good people, kind, compassionate but we still want to protect the future and security of the country and our families, neighborhoods and cities.
I agree. It is the act of illegal immigration that is bothersome to me. It is just a fact that they all have at least violated our immigration laws. Many if not most are working here without authorization and in some or many cases by using fake documents. There are other crimes that "some"also commit but the bottom line is regardless of how nice or bad they are illegal immigration is hurting our country.

Old 10-15-2011, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I disagree with your last remark. There may be an adjustment at first but in the long run Americans will be back to work and our country will be much better off in so many ways.
But of course you would. Anytime reality intrudes on your sacred beliefs you disagree...

Old 10-15-2011, 05:44 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,303,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I agree. It is the act of illegal immigration that is bothersome to me. It is just a fact that they all have at least violated our immigration laws. Many if not most are working here without authorization and in some or many cases by using fake documents. There are other crimes that "some"also commit but the bottom line is regardless of how nice or bad they are illegal immigration is hurting our country.
I hear you. I am concerned about the future. I've become very stingy as a citizen of the United States and I say that honestly, bluntly and openly. Not just for me, but for other citizens and legal immigrants. Really, it just doesn't seem like there is enough to go around. It's pretty messed up that people can just walk in and start reaping the benefits. We live in a great country and I think people should have the chance to be here honestly and not try to rape it or take away from the people that are here legally.

Old 10-15-2011, 05:45 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,552,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Illegal aliens don't qualify for government aid.

Next
Subsidized Housing. . .

Quote:
Untold thousands of illegal immigrants live in public housing at a time when hundreds of thousands of citizens and legal residents are stuck waiting years for a spot.

The issue made headlines in November with news that Zeituni Onyango, an aunt of President-elect Barack Obama, was living in Boston public housing while in the country illegally.

Massachusetts, where Obama's aunt occupied one of about 50,000 state-funded units, doesn't ask immigration status under a 1977 federal consent decree in a class-action lawsuit that prohibits the state from denying the benefit to illegal immigrants.
Many illegal immigrants live in public housing - USATODAY.com

Welfare. . .

Quote:
In fiscal year 1995, about $1.1 billion in welfare and food stamp benefits were provided to illegal aliens with citizen children.
U.S. GAO - Illegal Aliens: Extent of Welfare Benefits Received on Behalf of U.S. Citizen Children

Note, the latest GAO report is for the fiscal year 1995. I wonder why they haven’t released one showing the current costs.

Quote:
All children born on U.S. soil are automatically granted U.S. citizenship. This allows many illegal immigrant mothers to qualify for national, state and local welfare programs. While this process is not explicitly illegal, it does allow otherwise ineligible women to receive welfare benefits.
Quote:
State Children's Health Insurance Program (SCHIP) is a welfare program designed to provide low-income children with medical care. Some states have made it possible for illegal mothers to apply on behalf of kids with "unqualified children" status.
Can an Illegal Alien Mother Receive Welfare Assistance While Living in the United States? | eHow.com

Food Stamps. . .

Quote:
I am undocumented but my children are citizens. Can I get food stamps for them?

Yes. Even though you cannot get food stamps for yourself, you should be able to get food stamps for your children if they are U.S. citizens or eligible immigrants. Even if you or your family members can't get food stamps, you can still get school lunch and breakfast, WIC, and go to soup kitchens, community food banks, meals on wheels and other food programs.
Powered by Google Docs

Florida Heroin Kingpin is Illegal Alien on FOODSTAMPS! - YouTube

Obama's Illegal Aunt: "You Have The Obligation to Make Me a Citizen" - YouTube

Next.

Old 10-15-2011, 05:47 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,303,261 times
Benicar, you just shut them down. LOL You pretty much laid all the facts out there. I know that illegal immigrants are receiving welfare, I know this for a fact. Plus, there are tons of people in the administrative offices that help them get what they need.

Old 10-15-2011, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Subsidized Housing. . .

Many illegal immigrants live in public housing - USATODAY.com

Did you read it. Under 1% except for under 2% in San Diego. You bellieve that threatens the US public housing supply?

Quote:
Welfare. . .

U.S. GAO - Illegal Aliens: Extent of Welfare Benefits Received on Behalf of U.S. Citizen Children

Note, the latest GAO report is for the fiscal year 1995. I wonder why they haven’t released one showing the current costs.
So you think it wrong for Americans of Hispanic roots to get assistance. Is that not xenophobic?

And you further suggest other legal aliens along with American Citizens should not recieve appropriate welfare?

Quote:
Food Stamps. . .