U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2011, 10:43 AM

1,569 posts, read 1,005,489 times

Advertisements

Is it necessary to like, actually make up things to argue with me about? I know the idea of saying "OK, fair enough" is enough to drive you entirely insane, but maybe just once in a while you could not bring in some other topic we disagree about when it is beside the point.

Old 09-10-2011, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
And if it's 'illegal' as you've just written, then they are indeed Illegal Aliens, no???
Sure. And?

Old 09-10-2011, 10:45 AM

3,204 posts, read 2,383,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
lol goalpost shift. No one ever said deportation was not the remedy. That's not what anyone is talking about.

What goal post shift? You mean where you keep trying to gain sympathy by stating that the crime they commit is not criminal?

I simply pointed out that crimes have punishments that are attached to them. And the punishment for illegals is deportation. If you commit a crime it's always wise to know the punishment affixed to it so you can weigh your options.

Old 09-10-2011, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
What goal post shift? You mean where you keep trying to gain sympathy by stating that the crime they commit is not criminal?

I simply pointed out that crimes have punishments that are attached to them. And the punishment for illegals is deportation. If you commit a crime it's always wise to know the punishment affixed to it so you can weigh your options.
I'm not going to keep arguing the same non-point over and over again. You still don't seem to understand the original statement I made, as the bolded illustrates. You just keep making up new issues. "But they still can be deported!" or whatever.

Old 09-10-2011, 10:54 AM

3,204 posts, read 2,383,737 times
Quote:
I'm not going to keep arguing the same non-point over and over again. You still don't seem to understand the original statement I made, as the bolded illustrates. You just keep making up new issues. "But they still can be deported!" or whatever.

How is enacting the prescribed punishment affixed to a law a non point?

So what is your point? That they aren't criminals for coming here illegally or overstaying? What's the difference? They know the punishment and they are willing to take the chance. And when they get caught they pay the price like citizens have to. Yes, citizens have to pay for their crimes too.

Old 09-10-2011, 10:56 AM

6,482 posts, read 5,969,433 times
Quote:
Sure. And?
Well isn't that kinda where we started?

Old 09-10-2011, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
Well isn't that kinda where we started?
No.

Old 09-10-2011, 11:00 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,722,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post

Exactly. Just like the penalty for speeding is a traffic ticket, no one is suggesting the death penalty or life sentences in prison for illegals, they should simply be returned home and it's up to them to decide if their own country is a punishment or not.

Old 09-10-2011, 11:05 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,816,809 times
Quote:
Is it necessary to like, actually make up things to argue with me about? I know the idea of saying "OK, fair enough" is enough to drive you entirely insane, but maybe just once in a while you could not bring in some other topic we disagree about when it is beside the point.
I donít want to assume. So, would you mind indicating whose post this is in response to?

Old 09-10-2011, 11:06 AM

9,788 posts, read 7,650,863 times
We have 2 rule books. One book is the criminal code, one book is the civil code.
In what book are the rules (laws) for non citizens entering the USA? Last time I looked it was in civil. The penalty was to be returned to your country and/or a $1000 fine. It was not a crime. Thus, the folks who break the rules were not considered criminals. Kinda like jaywalking.
Does anyone know the current rules? Perhaps the rules could be changed? Write your congressman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or