U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 04:00 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,385,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
The only evidence we have in this thread is of dead people getting their SSNs stolen. I'm pretty happy with that. We certainly CAN'T conclude that a significant number of living people are having their identities stolen from the evidence given in this thread. So I feel pretty comfortable with my statement. Until shown otherwise, there's no reason to suspect that illegals are stealing living people's SSNs in large numbers.

Obviously you can't substantiate your opinions again. It's a pattern with you. But at least you admitted that illegals stealing SS#s is malicious.

Old 09-12-2011, 04:05 PM

1,574 posts, read 790,233 times
It's amazing how your position is so indefensible you can't go a single post without twisting facts or distorting.

Stealing the SSNs of living people can be malicious (and the malice or lack thereof would of course be completely independent of whether the offending party were a legal resident or not). Stealing dead people's would actually tend to indicate that one is not malicious.

The only evidence we have in this thread is of someone stealing a dead person's SSN.

Where do you stand on the comparison to physical grave robbing?

Old 09-12-2011, 04:19 PM

222 posts, read 417,133 times
Hummmm I feel there are some on here trying to justify stealing social security numbers (to me it doesn't matter if one is alive or dead...stealing is stealing). Guess one can justify anything if one decides to take morals out of the justification !

Old 09-12-2011, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Nobody is saying that using these numbers is the right thing to do. The point is that if they were really trying to cause problems, be malicious, etc, they WOULD use SSNs of living people. Yet they don't. And it's NOT anywhere CLOSE to the same thing as physical grave robbing, and suggesting such is absolutely retarded.

In your own words...trying to cause problems, be malicious

The use of the word retarded is offensive. Where is your PC?

Old 09-12-2011, 04:22 PM

Good lord, nobody is trying to justify stealing SSNs. People here who you think are doing that are saying that laws should be changed so that people can get real ITINs. that's like as far as you can get from "stealing SSNs are justified."

But regardless, the area of contention in this thread isn't whether stealing SSNs is justified or not. It's whether stealing SSNs is the same as physically digging up a body and stealing off the corpse.

Since "stealing is stealing" should I assume that this is your position? They're both equally bad?

Spoiler
Note: using someone else's SSN isn't really even "stealing". It's fraud.

Old 09-12-2011, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
In your own words...trying to cause problems, be malicious
Maybe your monitor is missing some pixels. I guess you didn't see the "if" in that sentence.

Old 09-12-2011, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Good lord, nobody is trying to justify stealing SSNs. People here who you think are doing that are saying that laws should be changed so that people can get real ITINs. that's like as far as you can get from "stealing SSNs are justified."

But regardless, the area of contention in this thread isn't whether stealing SSNs is justified or not. It's whether stealing SSNs is the same as physically digging up a body and stealing off the corpse.

Since "stealing is stealing" should I assume that this is your position? They're both equally bad?

Spoiler
Note: using someone else's SSN isn't really even "stealing". It's fraud.

The topic of this thread is NOT grave robbers even though you tried to hijack the thread

I'm glad that you agree that stealing someones SS# is fraud.

Old 09-12-2011, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
The topic of this thread is NOT grave robbers even though you tried to hijack the thread

I'm glad that you agree that stealing someones SS# is fraud.
Wow, you can't even keep your own argument straight. First it was "stealing is stealing". Now it's fraud? Which is it?

PS: I didn't start the grave-robbing hijack. See post #3.

Reading is fundamental.

Old 09-12-2011, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Nobody is saying that using these numbers is the right thing to do. The point is that if they were really trying to cause problems, be malicious, etc, they WOULD use SSNs of living people. Yet they don't. And it's NOT anywhere CLOSE to the same thing as physical grave robbing, and suggesting such is absolutely retarded.

Read your statement again and tell me how your "if" changes anything.

It clearly states that if they were trying to cause problems and be malicious they would use the SS# of living people.

Is that not your words?

You then stated that they are NOT using the SS# of living people...which I asked you to substantiate and you can't.

By your own words, they are trying to cause problems and be malicious if they use a living persons number.

Old 09-12-2011, 04:45 PM

Quote:
It's amazing how your position is so indefensible you can't go a single post without twisting facts or distorting.

Stealing the SSNs of living people can be malicious (and the malice or lack thereof would of course be completely independent of whether the offending party were a legal resident or not). Stealing dead people's would actually tend to indicate that one is not malicious.

The only evidence we have in this thread is of someone stealing a dead person's SSN.

Where do you stand on the comparison to physical grave robbing?

Excuse me but this is YOU trying to hijack the thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or