U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 09-12-2011, 04:46 PM
 
1,574 posts, read 797,725 times
Reputation: 124

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
You then stated that they are NOT using the SS# of living people...which I asked you to substantiate and you can't.
I can't prove a negative. Can you prove that you're not beating your wife?

 
Old 09-12-2011, 04:47 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,231,383 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
Read your statement again and tell me how your "if" changes anything.

It clearly states that if they were trying to cause problems and be malicious they would use the SS# of living people.

Is that not your words?

You then stated that they are NOT using the SS# of living people...which I asked you to substantiate and you can't.

By your own words, they are trying to cause problems and be malicious if they use a living persons number.
I really doubt that they are using a living person's SS number based on maliciousness per se. Their intent is to use any number they can find so they can work illegally and use it for other things that help them get by in this country. I am sure they know though that when they do use a living person's SS number that it can cause that citizen a lot of problems. The fact that they don't care about that is what bothers me.
 
Old 09-12-2011, 04:57 PM
 
3,204 posts, read 2,402,814 times
Reputation: 1544
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
I can't prove a negative. Can you prove that you're not beating your wife?

If you can't prove a negative you can't through it out there as fact.

Whether or not I beat my wife is not a part of the discussion...but another diversion tactic that you are famous for. You use it every time you are backed into a corner.
 
Old 09-12-2011, 04:59 PM
 
3,204 posts, read 2,402,814 times
Reputation: 1544
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I really doubt that they are using a living person's SS number based on maliciousness per se. Their intent is to use any number they can find so they can work illegally and use it for other things that help them get by in this country. I am sure they know though that when they do use a living person's SS number that it can cause that citizen a lot of problems. The fact that they don't care about that is what bothers me.

And knowing the problems it can and does cause is malicious IMO and that of Rhymetime.
 
Old 09-12-2011, 06:11 PM
 
1,574 posts, read 797,725 times
Reputation: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
If you can't prove a negative you can't through it out there as fact.
OK, fine. Until it's shown that significant numbers of illegals ARE fraudulently using SSNs of living people, though, you can't just claim that's the default assumption. With the information we have now, my explanation is (much) more plausible. I'm fine with that.

Quote:
Whether or not I beat my wife is not a part of the discussion...but another diversion tactic that you are famous for. You use it every time you are backed into a corner.
Analogies aren't diversions. Though I can see how it might seem that way for you.
 
Old 09-12-2011, 06:44 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 19,014,631 times
Reputation: 6518
If someone uses my car without permission I am still a victime. It matters not at all if they damaged it, if they broke any other laws while driving it. They took it without my permission.
When someone uses a ssn that they were not issued by the government then the gov is the victim, we the people are the victims. It is not a vivtimless crime.
What about if someone uses my house while Im away on vacation? They even clean it for me before they leave. Am I not still a victim?
What about if I died? They used my house as my body is being buried.
Is not my family the victim?
 
Old 09-12-2011, 07:50 PM
 
1,574 posts, read 797,725 times
Reputation: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
If someone uses my car without permission I am still a victime. It matters not at all if they damaged it, if they broke any other laws while driving it. They took it without my permission.
When someone uses a ssn that they were not issued by the government then the gov is the victim, we the people are the victims. It is not a vivtimless crime.
What about if someone uses my house while Im away on vacation? They even clean it for me before they leave. Am I not still a victim?
What about if I died? They used my house as my body is being buried.
Is not my family the victim?
The government is the victim? I mean I can kinda buy that. Except for the part that the reason they do this is to pay taxes.

When one is a victim, that implies damages. An illegal paying taxes he's going to be unable to claim benefits for seems like the opposite of damages. When someone drives your car there are concrete damages in the form of wear and tear, liability, and deprevation of use of the vehicle.

When someone writes a number down on a piece of paper, nobody is deprived of anything.
 
Old 09-12-2011, 08:34 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 19,014,631 times
Reputation: 6518
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
The government is the victim? I mean I can kinda buy that. Except for the part that the reason they do this is to pay taxes.

When one is a victim, that implies damages. An illegal paying taxes he's going to be unable to claim benefits for seems like the opposite of damages. When someone drives your car there are concrete damages in the form of wear and tear, liability, and deprevation of use of the vehicle.

When someone writes a number down on a piece of paper, nobody is deprived of anything.
We the people are deprived. It costs the us government billions dealing with ID theft, tracking down fraud. We the people are most certainly the victim.

You say they pay taxes. And some certainly do. And some receive great returns due to being able to claim wages at poverty level. And to say the illegal is the victim? That is to say the car jacker is a victim because he isn't allowed to use his stolen car as a trade in. The illegal if anything is a victim of their own crimes and dishonest behaviors. In short they are a victim of their own decision making.
 
Old 09-12-2011, 11:07 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 59,122,420 times
Reputation: 22182
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
Nobody is saying that using these numbers is the right thing to do. The point is that if they were really trying to cause problems, be malicious, etc, they WOULD use SSNs of living people. Yet they don't. And it's NOT anywhere CLOSE to the same thing as physical grave robbing, and suggesting such is absolutely retarded.
It's no different than grave robbing. These sick freaks will search obituaries for some dead child or infant and prey off them, stealing their identities, and it's greed, no different than the greed that has grave robbers stealing jewelry or whatever else they covet from a deceased person. In many ways, stealing someone's identity is worse.

It's amazing you can defend even the most vile actions of illegals in their lust for easy money.
 
Old 09-13-2011, 03:17 AM
Yac
 
5,888 posts, read 6,340,097 times
Everybody calm down and discuss the topic. Any attempts to hijack/troll after this post will be rewarded with at least a 3 day posting restriction.
Yac.
__________________
Forum Rules
City-Data.com homepage
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top