U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 07:39 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times

Advertisements

"With the possible exception of former Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman, who at one point had to remind his fellow debaters that immigrants are “human beings,” the remaining seven men and one woman who took part in the MSNBC-Politico debate seemed to be competing among each other to see who was taking the hardest line against undocumented Hispanic immigrants. None of them even mentioned the fact that illegal immigration has dropped dramatically since the 2008 economic crisis."

Republican hopefuls giving up on Hispanic vote - Andres Oppenheimer - MiamiHerald.com (http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/09/10/2398910/republican-hopefuls-giving-up.html#ixzz1XjA3kB2g - broken link)

Anyone else see the outright lies by the pro-illegals in this article? In the first sentence of the article Hispanics claim that the Republicans don't like them. I guess if you are for the enforcement of our immigration laws then "you dont" like Hispanics". They also claimed in the article that enforcement of our immigration laws is just against Hispanics.

Here are some more of the lies in the quoted paragraph above. Note how in the first sentence they are using the word plain old "immigrant" rather than illegal alieins? All lawbreakers are human beings so what is the point of that statement? Note how they claim that illegal immigration is down as if that were relevant to the fact that we still have millions of illegals in our country? The whole article is so full of lies and a victim mentality that it made me sick to read it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2011, 07:50 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
Many legal long-time hispanic-Americans are not about breaking USA laws and demanding everything based on their "raza".

All hispanics are not illegals and not all are born to illegals.

Old 09-12-2011, 08:21 AM

9,243 posts, read 7,099,270 times
I read the article

Yes it is out right lies!!!

The mixing legal Hispanics with illegals and confusing the two.

And also if you are not for enforcing immigration laws you are anti hispanic. What non sense.

Its like this country is so Balkanized already that Hispanics will only stick to Hispanics regardless of many of them breaking their law. They are outright pushing for autonomy via ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION. How many Hispanics are generalizing with mainstream America for border and illegal immigration enforcement.????

Old 09-12-2011, 09:11 AM

1,574 posts, read 789,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Anyone else see the outright lies by the pro-illegals in this article? In the first sentence of the article Hispanics claim that the Republicans don't like them. I guess if you are for the enforcement of our immigration laws then "you dont" like Hispanics".
Yeah, I mean, how could they possibly get the idea it's about race and not legal status when there's people complaining about "little havana" (created by legal immigrants) and all the nervous handwringing over birthrates of legal hispanic residents of the US???

Old 09-12-2011, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Many legal long-time hispanic-Americans are not about breaking USA laws and demanding everything based on their "raza".

All hispanics are not illegals and not all are born to illegals.
Of course not and I have never said that. But this article is the typical mindset of those Hispanic-Americans who do tow the ethnocentric, raza line. They make illegal immigration about their ethnic group alone. They call illegals, plain old immigrants. They claim that the Republicans and any other group or individuals that oppose illegal immigration, are opposed to Hispanics in general. These are all lies that need to be exposed.

Old 09-12-2011, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
Yeah, I mean, how could they possibly get the idea it's about race and not legal status when there's people complaining about "little havana" (created by legal immigrants) and all the nervous handwringing over birthrates of legal hispanic residents of the US???
What people complaining about little Havana?

Old 09-12-2011, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Of course not and I have never said that. But this article is the typical mindset of those Hispanic-Americans who do tow the ethnocentric, raza line. They make illegal immigration about their ethnic group alone. They call illegals, plain old immigrants. They claim that the Republicans and any other group or individuals that oppose illegal immigration, are opposed to Hispanics in general. These are all lies that need to be exposed.
They are balkanizing themselves regardless of legal status.

Old 09-12-2011, 05:05 PM

4,828 posts, read 6,791,262 times
Quote:
"With the possible exception of former Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman, who at one point had to remind his fellow debaters that immigrants are “human beings,” the remaining seven men and one woman who took part in the MSNBC-Politico debate seemed to be competing among each other to see who was taking the hardest line against undocumented Hispanic immigrants. None of them even mentioned the fact that illegal immigration has dropped dramatically since the 2008 economic crisis."

Republican hopefuls giving up on Hispanic vote - Andres Oppenheimer - MiamiHerald.com (http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/09/10/2398910/republican-hopefuls-giving-up.html#ixzz1XjA3kB2g - broken link)

Anyone else see the outright lies by the pro-illegals in this article? In the first sentence of the article Hispanics claim that the Republicans don't like them. I guess if you are for the enforcement of our immigration laws then "you dont" like Hispanics". They also claimed in the article that enforcement of our immigration laws is just against Hispanics.

Here are some more of the lies in the quoted paragraph above. Note how in the first sentence they are using the word plain old "immigrant" rather than illegal alieins? All lawbreakers are human beings so what is the point of that statement? Note how they claim that illegal immigration is down as if that were relevant to the fact that we still have millions of illegals in our country? The whole article is so full of lies and a victim mentality that it made me sick to read it.
The whole so called "anti-illegal" movent is based on lies and misinformation. I don't see you complaining about the lies coming from your side.

snopes.com: Just One State - Cost of Illegals in Los Angeles

http://www.snopes.com/politics/immig...alsecurity.asp

http://www.snopes.com/politics/immig.../interview.asp

Old 09-12-2011, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
The whole so called "anti-illegal" movent is based on lies and misinformation. I don't see you complaining about the lies coming from your side.

snopes.com: Just One State - Cost of Illegals in Los Angeles

snopes.com: Social Security for Illegal Aliens

snopes.com: Interview with Illegal Immigrant
Perhaps you could prove the lies? I proved mine about the pro-illegals right here in black and white and of course you couldn't deny it could you?

Old 09-12-2011, 06:25 PM

4,828 posts, read 6,791,262 times
Quote:
Perhaps you could prove the lies? I proved mine about the pro-illegals right here in black and white and of course you couldn't deny it could you?
I just gave your 3 links filled with indisputable facts debunking all the lies spewed from your side. You didn't prove anything, you just gave your opinion about the article.

Quote:
There is no question that the United States, like any other country, needs to protect its borders, and to control who gets in.
But it needs a combination of (a) improving the current mechanisms for accepting legal immigrants so that deserving migrants can get into the country with visas, rather than with people smugglers, (b) focused enforcement, so that criminals are weeded out, and (c) greater economic ties with Latin America, so that U.S. neighbors do better and their people stay home.

What we don’t need is cheap demagoguery. I, for one, felt that none of the front-runners likes Hispanic immigrants.
Read more: Republican hopefuls giving up on Hispanic vote - Andres Oppenheimer - MiamiHerald.com (http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/09/10/2398910/republican-hopefuls-giving-up.html#ixzz1Xms74VbS - broken link)

I read the article and i don't see anything wrong with what he said concerning the republican presidential debate. I don't remember any of the Republican candidates talking about any other illegal immigrants apart from Hispanics.

Quote:
In the first sentence of the article Hispanics claim that the Republicans don't like them. I guess if you are for the enforcement of our immigration laws then "you dont" like Hispanics". They also claimed in the article that enforcement of our immigration laws is just against Hispanics.
I find more lies in your post than i do in that article.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or