U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 04:36 PM

10,032 posts, read 6,861,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
Logic!

Does the U.S. have an obligation to it's own citizens? I assume you meant the government when you say "the U.S." or whatever. So why do you feel that you can prevent me from hiring anyone in the world that I want to hire via government force?

I don't think that. I have no authority to prevent you from doing anything except for self defense to stop you from attacking me or asking you to leave my property.

Old 09-17-2011, 04:43 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,005,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
I don't think that. I have no authority to prevent you from doing anything except for self defense to stop you from attacking me or asking you to leave my property.
But you want the government to do it for you, right? If I decided to hire some random dude from Mexico, you want the government to be able to turn him down even if he's a healthy, law-abiding sorta guy.

Old 09-17-2011, 05:04 PM

3,853 posts, read 3,163,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
Whose we? Illegal aliens are LOSING more an respect from us Americans.

An whose hating? We dont like illegal aliens but we dont hate em.
Exactly !!! The pro-illegals love to use word games to hide and obscure the offences of illegal aliens.

Illegals have turned vast areas of S. California into lawless, overcrowded slums.

Rampant graffiti, crime, over crowded ER's, schools, prisons, unlicensed and unisured cars and businesses, unpaid taxes all while pumping out Anchors looking for handouts and complaining. They need to get the hell out and complain in their homelands.

A enormous sense of totally undeserved entitlement. Illegals are not special and are NOT exempt from the laws of the US and should be rounded up and deported ASAP.

Their assets should be seized and forfeited to pay for any and all costs involved. Those who harbor and employ them should also be prosecuted and have their assets seized and forfeited.

Their Anchors are free to join them as the seperating families LIES/BS is their choice to make.

Old 09-17-2011, 05:31 PM

4,827 posts, read 4,648,201 times
California is going to hell in a hand basket.

Old 09-18-2011, 06:13 AM

Quote:
But you want the government to do it for you, right? If I decided to hire some random dude from Mexico, you want the government to be able to turn him down even if he's a healthy, law-abiding sorta guy.

If he's an illegal alien he's not a law abiding guy and he should be deported. If the random dude is a citizen or legal resident it's legal to hire him so go ahead.

Old 09-18-2011, 06:16 AM

Quote:
What do you mean "have to"? I mean, the government has all the guns and power, they don't "have to" not shoot you and find themselves not guilty. They could do it, and it'd be terrible, but they don't abstain because they "have to."

It's asinine posts like this one that make me question why anyone on this forum even acknowledges you. How many ignore lists are you on?

Old 09-18-2011, 09:16 AM

32,801 posts, read 30,052,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
If he's an illegal alien he's not a law abiding guy and he should be deported. If the random dude is a citizen or legal resident it's legal to hire him so go ahead.
Law abiding Illegal Alien? I can't believe someone could put that into a sentence without laughing.

Old 09-18-2011, 09:16 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,722,338 times
Quote:
It would be completely different if you actually had to provide all the support for your low cost workers from all over the world.

The problem is, as it stands, you can bring in all the illiterate, uneducated, desperate but fast breeding workers you like but the minute they don't work out you can ditch them onto the taxpayers.

If you were required to provide them a nice health care plan and pick up their medical care costs and provide for the support and education of the children they produce, it would be a different matter.

Oh --- but if you were actually willing to do all that, you'd be willing to provide legal work visas I suppose -- nothing stops you from sponsoring your cheap workers through the legal process already in place and as we all know, there are no limits on the H2A visas. You do have to pay legal wages however, that might be the problem you have with that program.

The H2A visa is certainly a whole lot safer for your workers, but maybe their safety isn't an issue for you. I suppose if one truckload ends up in a cartel burial pit, it's easy enough to order up another batch, but there is already a legal way for you to bring in your cheap labor.

Old 09-18-2011, 09:22 AM

86,093 posts, read 69,904,378 times
Quote:
If he's law abiding then he's not here illegally..right ?
Then there is no issue whatsoever.

Old 09-18-2011, 09:33 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,722,338 times
Quote:
Mexico police believe sledgehammer used to kill dozens - Houston Chronicle

SAN FERNANDO, Mexico -- At the largest mass grave site ever found in Mexico, where 177 bodies have been pulled from deep pits, authorities have recovered few bullet casings and little evidence that the dead were killed with a gun.

Instead, most died of blunt force trauma to the head, and a sledgehammer found at the crime scene is believed to have been used in the executions, according to Mexican investigators and state officials.

Now can't you see that the H2A visas for your cheap workers could be better than ending up like this? Then your cheap workers don't have to get involved with these cartel smuggling rings.

Yes it might cost you just a little bit more to deny American citizens a job, and have to pay legal wages to boot, but legally makes it safer for your workers. Check into the H2A visa program -- this country allows for a whole lot of legal immigration, far more than any other nation in the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or