U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 09-13-2011, 10:06 AM
 
1,574 posts, read 797,725 times
Reputation: 124

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Its about National Remembrance Day for those killed by illegal aliens. A war citizens have to deal with.
A war? Illegal aliens are engaged in a war against americans?? Really? This is almost as over-the-top as the "using a dead person's SSN is worse than physically digging them up and robbing their corpse."

 
Old 09-13-2011, 10:09 AM
 
9,243 posts, read 7,160,314 times
Reputation: 2200
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
If citizens respected our laws they wouldn't engage in speeding, jaywalking, and various "other" unlawful behaviors.

If they can't respect laws against jaywalking, why would we expect them to respect any of our other laws?
You are trying to compare citizens to illegals.

Citizens have every right to be here. Illegals don't.

You are not staying on topic.
 
Old 09-13-2011, 10:10 AM
 
9,243 posts, read 7,160,314 times
Reputation: 2200
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
A war? Illegal aliens are engaged in a war against americans?? Really? This is almost as over-the-top as the "using a dead person's SSN is worse than physically digging them up and robbing their corpse."
Yes.

If they are invading.
 
Old 09-13-2011, 10:20 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,908,760 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
If citizens respected our laws they wouldn't engage in speeding, jaywalking, and various "other" unlawful behaviors.

If they can't respect laws against jaywalking, why would we expect them to respect any of our other laws?
Nice deflection. But, we arenít discussing citizens. Now, AGAIN, please cite the experience. And, please also explain how illegals respect our "other" laws while they routinely engage in unlawful behavior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
Because experience shows us that the vast majority of them do respect the other laws.
 
Old 09-13-2011, 10:28 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,908,760 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
A war? Illegal aliens are engaged in a war against americans?? Really? This is almost as over-the-top as the "using a dead person's SSN is worse than physically digging them up and robbing their corpse."
As far as Iím concerned, illegal immigration is akin to terrorism. Yes, our country has been invaded by foreign rapists, pedophiles, drunk drivers, drug cartels, and murderers. And sadly, far too many citizens have paid the ultimate price for this invasion.

The fact that you continue to try to trivialize the ID theft of the deceased, speaks volumes.
 
Old 09-13-2011, 10:55 AM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 19,014,631 times
Reputation: 6518
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
Because experience shows us that the vast majority of them do respect the other laws.
I call BS on this post.
They might respect the laws that don't inconveince them. But they damn sure disregard the ones that do.
For example someone who likes to forge signitures or commit fruad no dout respects the its against the law to murder people law. They just dont respect the ones that make it illegal for them to commit fraud.
What about the laws that make it illegal to drive without a license? The requirment to have insurance?
Ok all the other laws. Got it.
 
Old 09-13-2011, 11:08 AM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 19,014,631 times
Reputation: 6518
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
If citizens respected our laws they wouldn't engage in speeding, jaywalking, and various "other" unlawful behaviors.

If they can't respect laws against jaywalking, why would we expect them to respect any of our other laws?
We have discussed the difference at length.
The laws you elude to dont require the person to commit other crimes nor do they result in other crimes. Yes it wrong for legal citizens to speed or jaywalk etc. Just as its wrong for my brother to borrow my hammer without asking. But its theft when a stranger does it.
Illegals are uninvited and unwanted criminals who only respect the laws that don't cover the very crimes they are committing.
Look most illegals want to work, to provide for their families and to have happiness. I agree with you on this. Most are not cooking meth, smuggling coke, or raping grandma.
Most have no desire to hurt another soul. I freely admit this because its true. very few use a false ID with the intention of harming anyone.
The fact remains that it does happen and far to often.
An illegal driving without license or insurance runs a red light and grandma is run over. Yes it happens when citizens drive. But it could have and would have been prevented if we enforced our laws and secured the border. Everyday it seems we read about an illegal released from jail for being arrested for a DUI who then skipped court and later kills someone while driving drunk. Or they were deported and returned yet again. This is not a once a year occurance.
We dont know how many die each day killed by illegals. We know that our prisons are filled with illegals arrested for violent crimes. This is fact.
We know this because Obama has made it a cornor stone of his immigration policy to focus on violent offenders.
To say or elude that its not that big of a problem is being less than accurate.
 
Old 09-13-2011, 11:11 AM
 
1,574 posts, read 797,725 times
Reputation: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
You are trying to compare citizens to illegals.
I just did.
 
Old 09-13-2011, 11:13 AM
 
1,574 posts, read 797,725 times
Reputation: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Yes.

If they are invading.
They're not here as a group targeting citizens. That's the implication when you say we're remembering people killed in a war. Are teenage drivers in a war against citizens? Because I can find lots of cases of teenage drivers killing innocents.
 
Old 09-13-2011, 11:18 AM
 
1,574 posts, read 797,725 times
Reputation: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Nice deflection. But, we arenít discussing citizens.
pretending like the laws of logic and morality magically change when we switch from Americans to Hispanics is the only deflection here.

Quote:
Now, AGAIN, please cite the experience. And, please also explain how illegals respect our "other" laws while they routinely engage in unlawful behavior.
We've already had this discussion. If illegals were raping, murdering, stealing, etc at higher rates than the general population, then there would be NO END to the posts shouting this information from the rooftops.

My experience is based on the fact that I've interacted with these people and they didn't stab me in the back, they didn't rob me, etc.

Please explain how anyone who speeds respects our other laws. By your reasoning, it would be impossible for them to stop themselves from raping and murdering, because once you engage in one act of unlawful behavior, you're a lost cause and a total menace to society, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top